By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Ultimate new DLC Fighter will be revealed tomorrow!!

Nautilus said:
God what a bland character. I mean, in terms of mass appeal, he is a great choice, but in terms of it being interesting, he is god awful.

Sakurai literally said he had to change so much of the game to make him work lol

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
sales2099 said:
Part of me feels like this was a trade. Nintendo allows a Xbox IP onto their game. But only after Xbox released Ori 2 on Switch. Mutual benefit.

I don't see how this makes any sense. Both moves favor Nintendo.

Both favour each other. MS gets the publisher cut for Ori sales and Minecraft DLC purchases. Nintendo gets their cut too. Mutually beneficial. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Runa216 said:
Nautilus said:
God what a bland character. I mean, in terms of mass appeal, he is a great choice, but in terms of it being interesting, he is god awful.

really? The building? the possibility for so many new gameplay mechanics? you sure you're not just being reductive?

Yeah, I don't find that appealing. Neither that nor the character itself.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

MasonADC said:
Nautilus said:

Sakurai literally said he had to change so much of the game to make him work lol

And?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
MasonADC said:

And?

no character could have all that work be done for him and end up being bland

Around the Network
FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:
Other than minecraft being super popular this seems like a weird choice. This thread has so many good ideas for characters I’d prefer to see. Looks like a bit of a mess on screen when he’s in the match tbh. I wonder how balanced he will be.

how is it any weirder than Cloud, Joker, Ryu, etc? 

you know, other characters who were also brought in basically because they were super popular 

MasonADC said:
Nautilus said:

And?

no character could have all that work be done for him and end up being bland

Of course it can. Its called an opinion. I respect the work that has gone to him, but I simply don't like him, that's all.

CaptainExplosion said:
NightlyPoe said:
(..)

Also, with all the Nintendo/Microsoft collabs lately (Minecraft on Nintendo platforms, Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, Steve in Smash and Ori on Switch), it has me thinking that this could lead to something else on Switch as a result of Nintendo's relationship with Microsoft, but I still doubt it'd happen; Rare Replay on Switch.

Off-topic but I have always been of the opinion that Rare Replay should’ve been a joint-venture between Microsoft and Nintendo to begin with. That way they could’ve included Diddy Kong Racing and maybe even Star Fox Adventures and Donkey Kong Country, and sell it on both systems.

Double Post

FloatingWaffles said:
FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:
Other than minecraft being super popular this seems like a weird choice. This thread has so many good ideas for characters I’d prefer to see. Looks like a bit of a mess on screen when he’s in the match tbh. I wonder how balanced he will be.

how is it any weirder than Cloud, Joker, Ryu, etc? 

you know, other characters who were also brought in basically because they were super popular 

I think with those other characters like Cloud, Joker, Ryu it’s easy to see how they play well in a fighting game and can be balanced. It’s not clear how much Steve’s moves are based on randomness. Also, those characters also have a lot more personality and backstory. Steve and the rest of the minecraft characters come from a style of game where the characters are not the focal point. You care more about the world in minecraft than the character. You care more about what enchantment your armor has than the character. I’m not saying it won’t work. Just that it’s a weird choice especially when I see all the great ideas here in this thread that make plenty of sense in comparison.