By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Ultimate new DLC Fighter will be revealed tomorrow!!

I'm wondering if MS will make their own Smash type game with all the IPs they own now. Steve, Doomguy, "Took an arrow to the knee" guy, Master chief, Cortana, Arbitrator, An Airplane, John Henry Eden, etc.

Around the Network

Would do about as well as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale if I had to guess.

Dulfite said:
I'm wondering if MS will make their own Smash type game with all the IPs they own now. Steve, Doomguy, "Took an arrow to the knee" guy, Master chief, Cortana, Arbitrator, An Airplane, John Henry Eden, etc.

That roster would be better than PSABR lol.

GoOnKid said:
Dulfite said:

That roster would be better than PSABR lol.

My personal pick would be President John Henry Eden from Fallout 3. The fighter is invisible, only his voice can be heard talking throughout the match about America.

Well, i was wondering if i was the only one disappointed w steve. Guess not. Hope hes never a main roster character at least. Worst smash characters 1. Mii, 2. Wii fit trainer, 3. Steve. I have fun seeing any other opponent on the screen as some type of cool crossover/fan service but not those 3. very glad i didnt buy the pass. All that being said, if u are happy bout steve, then im happy for u.

Around the Network

Ooooooh, that moment just hit me when i realized "steve" is in but zero, knuckles, tales, &waluigi are all assist trophies. Lol

Other than minecraft being super popular this seems like a weird choice. This thread has so many good ideas for characters I’d prefer to see. Looks like a bit of a mess on screen when he’s in the match tbh. I wonder how balanced he will be.

God what a bland character. I mean, in terms of mass appeal, he is a great choice, but in terms of it being interesting, he is god awful.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
God what a bland character. I mean, in terms of mass appeal, he is a great choice, but in terms of it being interesting, he is god awful.

really? The building? the possibility for so many new gameplay mechanics? you sure you're not just being reductive?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Part of me feels like this was a trade. Nintendo allows a Xbox IP onto their game. But only after Xbox released Ori 2 on Switch. Mutual benefit.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.