By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CD Projekt Red Making 6 Day Work Weeks Mandatory Leading Up To Launch

Ka-pi96 said:

.....what kind of messed up country would you need to be in for a standard 40 hour work week to not bring in enough cash to survive off of?

There are tons of people everywhere that want more money.  It doesn't mean they can't live off of  40 hour work week.  It means they want to live better.  Much of the human race is ambitious, and want to be able to provide better for their kids, secure a better retirement, or whatever.  

As has been said multiple times, most of the developers at CDPR support the required overtime.  People in here are acting like the devs are being held at gunpoint and whipped when they don't work fast enough.  Seems that the devs see it differently. 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I'll judge whatever I want to. If you don't like it, too bad.

Sure, you can judge people you don't know anything about and make things up to fit your preconceptions but nobody really gives a fuck.  

IcaroRibeiro said:

Why I have the impression you didn't mention a single healthy (in both socioeconomic and biological aspects) person? Except maybe your sister's husband 

Working too much is hardly sustainable. There is a reason why more developed countries stabilished laws limiting the amount of working hours weekly/monthly to their citizens 

I don't know why you have that impression when you know nothing about those people.  Because my father liked driving a truck instead of watching TV or playing video games, you think you know all about him?  That's pure ignorance.  People are different.

Never said I know all about them. Stated that I have the impression they don't look exactly healthy analyzing you words 

And sure people are different. Look at how many people still eating fast food and smoking even being widely knowing  how harmful they are. You will for sure find guys who don't mind work 60 hours a week everywhere 

What is unacceptable however is this to be a common practice in a industry. Those dev's aren't, mostly, workaholics who don't care for their extra hours, they are common people (in the sense they don't like to overwork themselves in their jobs) who NEED to accept big studios therms because they either accept or will need find another job 

The amount of mental gymnastics people on this thread are using to pretend (yes pretend) devs are a bunch of job-obssessed employees who are all actually pretty satisfied with crunchies when they are screaming the opposite is funny to see

IcaroRibeiro said:

The amount of mental gymnastics people on this thread are using to pretend (yes pretend) devs are a bunch of job-obssessed employees who are all actually pretty satisfied with crunchies when they are screaming the opposite is funny to see

Do you have some evidence that the devs at CDPR are "screaming the opposite"?  The only report that I've seen states that the devs are mostly in support of the move to require six days per week until launch.  Sure, that could be bullshit.  But, it's the only report I've seen.  Have you seen something else?

VAMatt said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Do you have some evidence that the devs at CDPR are "screaming the opposite"?  The only report that I've seen states that the devs are mostly in support of the move to require six days per week until launch.  Sure, that could be bullshit.  But, it's the only report I've seen.  Have you seen something else?

Oh, I meant about crunches practices in gaming industry, not about this company and this case in specific 

Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

Man, I really wish everyone was born in this paradise you live in.

I'm mostly thinking of the UK. I wouldn't call it a paradise though, just normal.

For most of my life my Dad worked 12 hours a week (still does) or not at all and the government made up the shortfall and provided a place to live. If in other countries governments don't look after their people (both financially, and in terms of legal protection from exploitative employers) then WTF not? That's weird!

There is no place on planet earth where average people can live working 12 hours per week without getting a bunch of government assistance.  That government assistance is money taken from the productive people and given to generally unproductive people.  If someone is provided housing or other assistance by "government", they're being supported by the other people in the society that are willing and able to be more productive. 

In other words, the average person in the UK cannot live on 12 hours work per week.  The average person in the UK is actually working 37 hours per week.  

Around the Network

The dev studios are stupid for putting out a release date early during development. I can't understand why they need to. They could just show us work in progress and give updates over time, and at what percentage they're at, and only give out a release date if they are 100 % sure they can get it out on time, without rushing and crunching. Fallout 4 was the best example of a release. No one knew when it was coming and it released 6 months or so after it was shown off.

mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I learnt about the strikes and action that led to the UK having decent labour laws. I learnt about the shitty conditions that people had before that too. Although I believe the US still has crappy labour laws, so this isn't just a "first world" thing. Which is also kind of ironic when you're saying "that's how capitalism works" while I'm sure there are a whole load of Americans who'd call decent labour laws (as in Europe) "communism".

Plus third world countries aren't necessarily "poor" and it's not always first world countries exploiting them either. Just look at all of the countries where the average person is super poor but the ruling elite are super wealthy. I know very little about Brazil, but it's a democracy so assuming the same is true there then the average citizen can have more of an impact without needing to even go out of their way that much than the people in one of those third world dictatorships ever could at least.

Love how you talk about third world dictatorships like it's unrelated to Brazil. Yeah, we're in a democracy right now, but with each passing day it feels less and less like it. The people in power don't really give a shit. Burning down the rainforest is a crime and everyone (well, mostly everyone...) is against it, but at the end of the day it's happening and there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's down to the government to stop them, do they? Of course not, it fills their pockets. Homicide is also a crime and our president has already stated in favour of killing people multiple times, he's also trying to make it so people can legally own guns in the country. They can do whatever the fuck they want.

Sure, it's a democracy, we could have just not elected him! Except, you know... the average citizen gets 1 vote. If that 1 vote doesn't decide the election, then no, the average citizen has no power to change any of this. The best an average citizen can do is try to spread the word and convince everyone they know to change their votes. That can't and won't ever come close to matching the power of rich people manipulating social media at a national scale.

I'm so sick of the eternal fingerpointing to Brazil and the rainforest,it is so hypocritical when everyone knows it will not be stopped and almost no countries are investing to counter the destruction of those trees. We are like 50 years behind in making a global effort of planting new trees en masse.

mZuzek said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I'm so sick of the eternal fingerpointing to Brazil and the rainforest,it is so hypocritical when everyone knows it will not be stopped and almost no countries are investing to counter the destruction of those trees. We are like 50 years behind in making a global effort of planting new trees en masse.

Sorry for fingerpoint at my own country. Don't really understand the hypocrisy there, but whatever.

Yeah, throughout my life this is a topic people have always talked about, but you have no idea how much worse it's become in the past couple years (aka when the last election happened). I suppose it's that much easier to burn down a forest when your president supports and may even be backing that idea financially, directly or indirectly. No previous government was able to stop it but by declaring to be against it and taking mild measures against it, it was slowed down a lot. Now, the forests are being burned at a faster pace than ever. So there has definitely been a change there.

Oh that was not directed at you but at the ones in power that can actually make an effort to counter the loss of forests around the world,each year politicians point at brazil and go on without trying to change something themselves about the forests in own countries.

How or why is this news? All companies sometimes enforce longer working hours be it police,ambulance,Army, construction sites,law firms etc. As long as its in your contract and you get a little bonus for it, whats the problem?

mZuzek said:

Sorry for fingerpoint at my own country. Don't really understand the hypocrisy there, but whatever.

Now, the forests are being burned at a faster pace than ever. So there has definitely been a change there.

This is a missconception. I spoke a bit about some time ago: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9190033

Like Eduardo Jorge stated in 2014 elections, neither left wing nor right wing are particularly concerned with environment. As a 3rd world country our only real source of wealth is lays in our fertile soil, it's also the only industry that passed unaffected by Covid and now they are making more money than ever because thanks to our currently absurd exchange rate 

And as long rural wing stays the biggest political force in Congress nothing is gonna change , and sucks the fact they are mostly elected by rural population either by coercion, cheap welfare policies or just because all candidates on rural areas are, indeed, landowners