Original series 8 11.94%

The Next Generation 34 50.75%

Deep Space Nine 8 11.94%

Voyager 11 16.42%

Enterprise 3 4.48%

Discovery 2 2.99%

Picard 1 1.49%

Total:67

Next Generations obviously, but oh god is Lower Decks amazing.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
shikamaru317 said:

Season 3 is coming sometime. Was supposed to release this year, but filming got halted in March due to Covid, and only recently continued, so might not release until early 2021. Fox sold the rights to Hulu though, so season 3 will be exclusive to Hulu. 

Sigh, I'm still waiting for the Expanse season 4 to release on blu-ray.

Same, I freaking LOVE The Expanse, it's one of my favourite shows ever, but I ain't supporting Amazon, fuck that shit.

DS9 by a country mile. One of the best TV shows ever.

*My signature from 2011 which I'm too lazy to change*

Currently awaiting the arrivals of:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Beyond the Labyrinth
Heroes of Ruin
Luigi's Mansion 2

Leynos said:
shikamaru317 said:

I did a full rewatch of all of the older series from late last year till June this year, so this one is easy for me. My personal ranking: 

1. Voyager- Unpopular opinion I know, but I've always liked Voyager best, ever since I was a kid. Great cast of characters (there isn't a single main character that I don't like, though Kes is probably the weakest of the bunch, trading her in for 7 of 9 was the best decision they could have made), interesting setting, love the heavy focus on the Borg, best set designs, best uniform design of all the series (DS9 only used it for the first 2 seasons before they switched to the TNG movie uniforms)
  2. DS9- I did not like DS9 much at all when I was younger, but as an adult it speaks to me so much more now. Alot of the characters that I didn't like originally have grown on me over time, like Bashir and Quark. Love the heavy focus on religion/faith vs science, and the focus on war, neither of which is seen much in other Trek series.
  3. TNG- Most people's favorite I suspect, I personally find it a bit overrated though. First 2 seasons were tough to get through on my recent rewatch, there was too much TOS influence in those 2 seasons which really dragged it down. Gets better on the later seasons due to less influence from Roddenberry. I like most of the TNG characters, but TNG imo has the 2 worst Doctors of all the series, Crusher and Polaski, one of which was insufferably boring while the other was a poor copy of McCoy.
  4. Enterprise- Very underrated show. First 2 seasons were a bit hit and miss, but the show got way better on 3rd season with the Xindi arc and stayed good on season 4, but sadly the first 2 seasons had already done their damage and caused the show to bleed too many viewers, so the show was cancelled before it got the full 7 seasons it deserved. Mostly good characters, not a big fan of Phlox though (3rd worst Doctor after Crusher and Polaski), and Hoshi and Travis were hit and miss at times, but I liked the rest of them.
  5. TOS- By the time I was born TOS was already quite old and dated, and it has only got older and more dated since then. I was just never able to get into it, everything from the design, to the effects, to the acting feels corny and dated to me. I like most of the TOS movies, aside from the 1st one, with Star Trek 4 being my overall favorite Star Trek movie (followed closely by First Contact), but the TOS show just isn't for me. 
  6. Discovery- Saw one episode of it and absolutely hated it. Visual design is horribly inconsistent with the other series, characters are terrible, plots are terrible. CBS locking it (and Picard) behind a paywall in the US also leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

Haven't watched Picard yet, not sure if I ever will to be honest, as I have trouble believing that the same CBS that made Discovery actually was able to make a worthy successor to TNG era Trek. The writers on The Orville seem to understand TNG era Trek fans better than CBS and their writers do. 

Star Dreck Discard makes Picard space Jesus then he dies and comes back as an android Picard...who is dying of old age. STD and Discard don't deal in logic and absolutes but "destiny" and "chosen one" crap. Plus weird Klingon sex scenes trying to be game of thrones and F bombs.

Which is funny because I've seen people bring this up in defense of QT doing an R-rated Star Trek movie ("STDiscovery has delved into R-rated content, so why not?"), which makes no goddamn sense whatsoever, and I say this as somebody who loves gritty films. In fact, STDiscovery actually hurts their argument because many longtime, dedicated fans don't like STDiscovery, saying it deviates too much from the lore and themes of Trek for that very reason. Star Trek isn't supposed to be about the "horrors of space", so a Klingon rape scene just feels jarring and out of place. It felt like it was thrown in purely for shock value.

My favorite series is probably The Next Generation, followed by Deep Space Nine.

I haven't watched Picard yet but the more I hear about it the less I want to, to be honest.

Around the Network

WHY are Star Trek Enterprise (prequel with Scott Bakula) and Star Trek Voyager not winning these polls?

Imo their the best star trek series.
However I do think Star Trek - The next generation was also pretty decent (loved Patrick Stewart as capt Jean-Luc Picard), and its currently winning so thats fine too.

Enterprise > Voyager > Next Generation.

curl-6 said:
I haven't watched Picard yet but the more I hear about it the less I want to, to be honest.

Its a million times better than the new Discovery one.
Like if you want to watch a new Star Trek, its basically your only option at a decent one.

I think most people agree that TNG and DS9 are "A tier", with TOS and Voyager as "B tier"

Enterprise could have been good, if they had more likeable characters and got rid of the time travel nonsense so "C tier".

Enterprise's reputation has been salvaged by what happened since. Abrams/Discovery/Picard/etc. the "Do not watch tier".

JRPGfan said:
curl-6 said:

Its a million times better than the new Discovery one.
Like if you want to watch a new Star Trek, its basically your only option at a decent one.

I'll definitely get around to it eventually, it just doesn't sound all that great.

I also wish it was more accessible, like if it was on netflix like the entire rest of the franchise.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 October 2020

Picard is decent, but I agree the start was better. Towards the end of the season there’s some stuff that make you think ‘why though’. Really the best parts are when you see some of the old characters. It doesn’t spit on the canon like Discovery did though. Also it’s actually necessary to watch Star Trek Nemesis beforehand, especially in the first episodes it references events from the TNG movies a lot.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 04 October 2020