By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gampass is a scam

I'm calling it, gamepass is there to lure in people have them pay $16 a month, for games that have been out in the market for minimum 6 months to a year, and no more than 2 major exclusives released day one, a year. considering that a digital game purchase shouldn't cost more than $40, people will be paying for atleast 4 major AAA titles, which i doubt they will receive, even including the zenimax purchase. Gamepass may be good for newcomers , but not so much seasoned gamers. 

Around the Network

I paid £76 total and got 28 months of gamepass. It was a scam, a scam by me on microsoft.

But I disagree, even at full price I think gamepass is a valuable proposition. Now that they just added EA access? Easy.

$15/month for Xbox Live Gold + Gamepass console/pc + EA Access + XCloud. It's the best value in gaming.

Go to the psn store and check the price of ghost is that 40 dollar?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Barkley said:

I paid £76 total and got 28 months of gamepass. It was a scam, a scam by me on microsoft.

But I disagree, even at full price I think gamepass is a valuable proposition. Now that they just added EA access? Easy.

$15/month for Xbox Live Gold + Gamepass console/pc + EA Access + XCloud. It's the best value in gaming.

Just be aware that EA access does not include EA Pro, meaning you do not get EA titles day one. Some people have been lead to believe that. 

KratosLives said:
Barkley said:

Just be aware that EA access does not include EA Pro, meaning you do not get EA titles day one. Some people have been lead to believe that. 

Yep I'm aware of that. It's the basic EA Play subscription that's included.

After the acquisition of Bethesda and all there games being on gamepass day one, and the addition of EA Play... and the addition of XCloud at no further cost all announced/added in the last few months, now seems like a very strange time to call gamepass a scam. It's never been stronger.

If you can't get $60 of value out of gold+gamepass over a 4 month period then you're not the type of gamer it's designed for.

Let's not forget that Gold on it's own is $10 a month or $25 for 3 months. So you'd be paying $100 a year for gold... $80 a year extra for everything mentioned above? Amazing.

Around the Network

Bollocks. It's a great value proposition.

Yeah the consumers are scamming Microsoft

Well, you do get all MS 1st party games day1, and honestly, that should be more than enough to justify the price. I have my issues with Gamepass, but the price they are asking is more than reasonable, hell, even disruptive.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Gamepass costs $10 per month, Ultimate is $15. Let's go with the $15 price point. So, you're at $180 per year.

XBL Gold is worth $60 per year. So, now you're down to $120. So, that's two big titles at launch, or maybe you're the type that would play one title at launch and a few smaller older games. Either way, you should have at least 4-5 $60 games hitting the service each year, of which a couple are probably going to be of interest to most people. Then you have dozens of small or older games, which are still worth something.

Then you add in XCloud.

The value is definitely there.

With gamepass in a year I can pay in a year as much as I pay for one single AAA Nintendo physical title in my country...

The only reason I didn't bought a Xbox yet is because I don't care for their exclusives they are not for me. And their 3rd party support is mostly for other franchises I don't like either

And I don't see lack of AAA games as a problem. 10 USD (much less than this in my country) to play mostly indie and B-list stuff? It's a great deal, unless you don't have enough time for gaming