Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gampass is a scam

Stop! Just No you are wrong and drop it.

Most of us secured Gamepass ultimate for over 12 months at a fraction of the cost.

So, come back in two years then we can blame Microsoft for how they performed.

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

Around the Network

You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone this.

KratosLives said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

@bold: I think you are inferring far too much. The OP clearly says "...no more than 2 major exclusives released day one..." The assertion was that the games would not come at all, not that they wouldn't be welcomed by consumers.

Even if that was the OP's assertion, it's not a very good argument. Game Pass is a scam because not everyone will play and love all 100 games on the service? How is that a scam?

You honestly believe that there will be more than 3 AAA exclusives per year day one? And I don't mean a sport game or something of a smaller nature thrown in and counted as an AAA game. I don't see the point of subscribing if most games I want to play come to the system 6 or 12 months later. Games I want I get on release.  And if they're going to charge monthly, it should be less. They aren't netflix, they don't offer as much as they do, or as much new content per month, so their premium should be lower.

I think you are way too obsessed with this title. You do realize that a game being "AAA-Exclusive" doesn't guarantee that you're going to like it, right? 

aww, what does it feel like to be wrong?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

chakkra said:
KratosLives said:

You honestly believe that there will be more than 3 AAA exclusives per year day one? And I don't mean a sport game or something of a smaller nature thrown in and counted as an AAA game. I don't see the point of subscribing if most games I want to play come to the system 6 or 12 months later. Games I want I get on release.  And if they're going to charge monthly, it should be less. They aren't netflix, they don't offer as much as they do, or as much new content per month, so their premium should be lower.

I think you are way too obsessed with this title. You do realize that a game being "AAA-Exclusive" doesn't guarantee that you're going to like it, right? 

Well  I would like to think AAA is typically big budget game aimed for most people. Especially if it's going to be coming from microsoft as a day 1, it would be something to show off the system.

Around the Network

non related towards GP but does CoD qualify as AAA?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

KratosLives said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

@bold: I think you are inferring far too much. The OP clearly says "...no more than 2 major exclusives released day one..." The assertion was that the games would not come at all, not that they wouldn't be welcomed by consumers.

Even if that was the OP's assertion, it's not a very good argument. Game Pass is a scam because not everyone will play and love all 100 games on the service? How is that a scam?

Hard to say. Based on Xbox' commitment to Game Pass, its blockbuster deal for Bethesda, and hints of more acquisitions to come, I'm bullish on the number of day-one big-budget games moving forward. Keep in mind: more than three AAA exclusives per year is a tall order, for any of the big three. But Xbox is in as good a position as any to deliver on that arbitrary number.

As I mentioned earlier, there are convincing ways to downplay Game Pass. You don't keep the titles in perpetuity, and over the last seven years Microsoft has an uneven track record when it comes to first-party games. But you focused on the wrong complaints, trying to couch your subjective (and completely legitimate, I might add) feelings in some kind of objective formula where digital "AAA" games are $40 (they're not); "A" and "AA" games don't add value (they do); and it's unrealistic to wait six months to play an anticipated games (it's not).

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

One way you can say it is that it's gonna get people on there for the lower price and get people hooked but then slowly increase prices so people don't realise it. But right now at this price with these conditions, hell no. I don't want Microsoft to own everything though nor do I want Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to own everything together.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
One way you can say it is that it's gonna get people on there for the lower price and get people hooked but then slowly increase prices so people don't realise it. But right now at this price with these conditions, hell no. I don't want Microsoft to own everything though nor do I want Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to own everything together.

Like a sneaky 0.01$ increase every couple of months?