By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gampass is a scam

No offense but this is the worst take I have ever seen on this site.

Around the Network

You guys think we’ll see gamepass exclusives? Games you can only play by subscribing to the service.

zealen said:
You guys think we’ll see gamepass exclusives? Games you can only play by subscribing to the service.

No, they have exclusive stuff like perks. Walling games off is not a smart move. Even Netflix shows are available at retail.

LudicrousSpeed said:
No offense but this is the worst take I have ever seen on this site.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9221241

As a seasoned gamer, there are plenty of games on gamepass that I had the intent to play but never got around to. My wallet it already planned around getting other games, but the great value of gamepass allows me to play those games at minimal cost, especially when compared to if I were to get each one individually. Day one for MS exclusives/owned IPs is just the icing on the cake.

Sorry, your logic is heavily flawed, and I give this attempt a very generous 3/10.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Not even I believe OP.

DOOM Eternal is coming on GamePass next week and it's still a full priced game. I'm not sure what's the obsession about Day One AAA games, like they're the only games that matter. I've been subscribed to GamePass PC since the release of Ori (in February) and I'm more than happy with what is offered to me for a measly $6 CAD per month.

It has allowed me to try out games I would have never purchased, like Sunset Overdrive. I was curious about it, tried it, didn't really enjoy it but since it's on a game service, it's no big deal, I can check out something else now.

Signature goes here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Third, why would you expect to get only two "AAA" games per year? Xbox now has 20+ studios. Among 343, Obsidian, Playground, Rare, Turn 10, Ninja Theory, The Coalition, Bethesda, id, and The Initiative, you don't think they cobble together three big-budget games in a calendar year? Not that it matters to me -- I'd rather MS invest more in "AA" experiences -- but what would make you expect such low "AAA" output?

Pretty sure he was not trying to imply MS + Zenimax + EA Access do not put out more than 2 AAA games per year, but rather that a given person isn't going to be interested in all of the ones they make (whether due to specifics, genre, or just distracted by other games or life). MS putting out 10x their current AAA volume doesn't mean a real person will then play 10x as many AAA games even if they are for "free" after paying for Game Pass.

Anyways, I see it as borderline, could be decent or great for some people, not really that compelling for others. Mostly I disagree with the overblown takes like expanded Game Pass and Series XYZ will lead to huge growth from Playstation conversos. Certainly it's not affecting initial pre-orders in any way. If anything, I see it as better monetizing their existing base, and also creating a legit offering on the PC side of things (again, for at least some gamers, not all). Along with Zenimax content now being prioritized to their own Microsoft Store, that will beef up their presence in that sector... Which is why I think it will be most impactful in PC realm, more than any change in balance of console market... although it may beef up their profitability there.

Last edited by mutantsushi - on 25 September 2020

It's insane value for consumers.
I do worry about how it can overshadow independent devs and how it could effect the flow of profit.

So true hardcore gamers only play AAA titles?
Gamepass allow me to try a lot of interesting games that I wouldn't have tried if it weren't for this option.
Ashen - Dead Cells - Gardens betwen - The Banner Saga - Yakuza games and a lot more.
I bought several of these when I saw the quality they had .
I use gamepass on xbox and pc so I have access to games that I couldn't just on my console : Valkyria Chronicles 1 (Former ps3 exclusive) and now Disgaea 4 Complete.
Gaming is about good games, not "play the last AAA game of the moment",

Sorry for my bad english.