By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X sales up 747%..... whoops.

hahahaha sucks to be them makin a mistake!

Around the Network

xbpx one, one x, one s, series s, series x.. man this is gonna be messy come christmas and post launch .

KratosLives said:
xbpx one, one x, one s, series s, series x.. man this is gonna be messy come christmas and post launch .

Xbox One and Xbox One X have already been discontinued.  You can mark 2 of those off your list.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Reminds me of the wiiU naming situation

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Reminds me of the wiiU naming situation

And all they had to do was better marketing explaining the differences after the fact and they never did.  I never understood that.  What was wrong with a few educational commercials to clarify it. There is always an opportunity to clear things up but it seems like it was never even attempted.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

They really should've called the Xbox One Xbox 4. It would've gave them number parity with Playstation and since it was following the Xbox 360 it would've felt natural. If that happened we'd be on Xbox 5 now and there would be zero confusion. Numbers are lame but they don't have any risk. For the Wii U comparison that won't be much of an issue here since the One X is discontinued so these are the last ones being bought right now and the One S will get discontinued next year I think. Also these people really should do research before spending hundreds on something.

Its fine, it will still get aupported for a couple years maybe.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Should have called it Xbox Two or Xbox 2. Way less chance of confusion for the average consumer.

hinch said:

Should have called it Xbox Two or Xbox 2. Way less chance of confusion for the average consumer.

I always thought the code names were cool.  Lockhart and Anaconda.  Or change Anaconda to Scarlett. Xbox Lockhart, Xbox Scarlett.  Unique sounding to differentiate them.  The Xbox One X I have is the Scorpio Edition and is stamped with the Logos.

This is so weird. But it just goes to show that Xbox names are so confusing. Xbox and Xbox 360 were pretty much perfect and catchy. Then Xbox One (S, X) and Xbox Series (S, X) screwed that up.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima