By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X sales up 747%..... whoops.

DroidKnight said:
hinch said:

Should have called it Xbox Two or Xbox 2. Way less chance of confusion for the average consumer.

I always thought the code names were cool.  Lockhart and Anaconda.  Or change Anaconda to Scarlett. Xbox Lockhart, Xbox Scarlett.  Unique sounding to differentiate them.  The Xbox One X I have is the Scorpio Edition and is stamped with the Logos.

The code names and eastereggs are cool. Didn't they print a small Masterchief on a motherboard of one?

But yeah, there are too many names given to the Xbox consoles when they could just simplify it to a iterative thing. They started with one, why not go two.

Try explaining a new Xbox and naming scheme to a non gamer about a Series S and X and Xbox One S/X and watch as they scratch their heads.

Around the Network
hinch said:
DroidKnight said:

I always thought the code names were cool.  Lockhart and Anaconda.  Or change Anaconda to Scarlett. Xbox Lockhart, Xbox Scarlett.  Unique sounding to differentiate them.  The Xbox One X I have is the Scorpio Edition and is stamped with the Logos.

The code names and eastereggs are cool. Didn't they print a small Masterchief on a motherboard of one?

But yeah, there are too many names given to the Xbox consoles when they could just simplify it to a iterative thing. They started with one, why not go two.

Try explaining a new Xbox and naming scheme to a non gamer about a Series S and X and Xbox One S/X and watch as they scratch their heads.

Heres the etching on the motherboard.  Yep, keep it simple and understandable. It's ok though, it's early and plenty of time to clear things up.  In fact the confusion could lead to more publicity and free attention.  As long as the talk is about Xbox it's all good.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

ArchangelMadzz said:

This is pretty funny and we all saw this coming. Hopefully these people can get refunds for their mistakes.

How much money would it cost to actually make their orders right first? ...in the next wave of preorders?  A way of making it right for the confusion? Or fuck them?, they should have known what they were doing in the first place.

We've known for months it was a small refrigerating unit, or quite possibly a monolithic shaped device.  The device that they ordered was not even close to the parameters of either unit. If the issue was with the S, there would have been a shortage of speakers. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Normally I'd say that's some A-class dumbassery to mix up the two systems to that point, but due to how hectic the pre-orders were I can forgive anyone for mixing them up in this case.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I mean, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X are both dumb names. It's true.

Well, well, that's hilarious, but also sort of predictable. The Xbox brand is not world-leading on naming products. The Switch name speaks of the console's inherent functionality, the PS5 and PS home consoles are simple and linear, the Xbox branding is all over the place.

What that screenshot didn’t provide was the list that ranking is on, which is Movers and Shakers. This list just shows the percentage jump of an item, instead of units sold. It might be that Amazon sold 50 Xbox One Xs the day before and 1000 next day, the percentage will jump exponentially. It looks like Twitter, websites and forums didn’t bother with looking into that and just ran with a negative Xbox story.

Goatseye said:
What that screenshot didn’t provide was the list that ranking is on, which is Movers and Shakers. This list just shows the percentage jump of an item, instead of units sold. It might be that Amazon sold 50 Xbox One Xs the day before and 1000 next day, the percentage will jump exponentially. It looks like Twitter, websites and forums didn’t bother with looking into that and just ran with a negative Xbox story.

I mean, the thread title and the Original tweet were both in percentages I don't know what else to tell you.. 

But yes percentages don't show actual number, that's something we all learned in school. It's just funny that XSX pre order day saw 750% extra XOX sales compared to the previous day.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

DroidKnight said:
Hopefully it was the scalpers.

Yeah, that's what I taught and hoping for :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!