Level playing field (all three fairly equal) 20 24.10%

Strongly slanted Playstation 8 9.64%

Strongly slanted Nintendo 16 19.28%

Strongly slanted Microsoft 2 2.41%

Strongly slanted Nintendo & Playstation 35 42.17%

Strongly slanted Microsoft & Playstation 0 0.00%

Strongly slanted Microsoft & Nintendo 2 2.41%

Total:83

Maybe scalpers :P Series S was available all day and X readily available from select retailers.

But anyways too early for these kind of threads and comes off as reactionary. Looking forward to coming back to this in a a year or two as see how this plays out.

Around the Network

I am not convinced xbox is gonna make that much of a difference next gen even with bethesda acquisition. Their best games that are console sellers like elder scrolls and fallout arent coming anytime soon. You could argue doom and wolfeinstein underperformed in sales. The only benefit I see here for MS is that with bethesda they can get to a higher amount of gamepass subscribers, higher attach rate to the already existing owners.

Angelv577 said:
I am not convinced xbox is gonna make that much of a difference next gen even with bethesda acquisition. Their best games that are console sellers like elder scrolls and fallout arent coming anytime soon. You could argue doom and wolfeinstein underperformed in sales. The only benefit I see here for MS is that with bethesda they can get to a higher amount of gamepass subscribers, higher attach rate to the already existing owners.

I think the North American market is definitely in play now for MS, the PS4 did not beat the XBox One by much here, I think XBox Series X/S has a good chance now of beating PS5 in NA. 

Europe will still likely go Sony, but they are playing with fire asking for sky high prices for a single game whereas MS will be offering Game Pass in Europe too with EA too (so FIFA) could shake things up. 

Not at all.

Playstation revenue is pretty much > Nintendo + MS

Sure MS with their desperate acquisition has gained ground, but I see this as only accelerating Playstation's acquisiotn strategy and unlike Xbox, PS is in the position to buy or partner with the largest franchises as well as JP publishers.

xl-klaudkil said:
Nintendo and sony are market leaders, dont see that changing any time soon.

I think you right for the Next gen : Ps5/Switch pro/Xbox Series X,  But i really think for gen ps6 and go on, microsoft will take the lead ! even i don't like much microsoft and i'm a fan of sony. i really think young gamer coming and growing who not care about a box for game and like netflix etc will be very easy to go for the growing gamepass, and i really see that on my Mmo guild friend, a few gone to the gamepass since flight simulator already and with the portfolio of game they have growing, that will be big !

I want to add i hate premium services because there is so many, but for real after bethesda, i think microsoft choice the right way for the futur in 5+ years.

Around the Network

that big acquisition doesn't change a thing,
nintendo and sony will still compete for the crown,
unless xbox wanna lose money and make zenimax family exclusive and play hardball it might tilt the console sales on their favour, but will lose a lot of money in the process

src said:
Not at all.

Sure MS with their desperate acquisition has gained ground, but I see this as only accelerating Playstation's acquisiotn strategy and unlike Xbox, PS is in the position to buy or partner with the largest franchises as well as JP publishers.

We work only with profits ( real)

Agente42 said:
src said:
Not at all.

Then you are an amateur investor at best. Even amateur investors know revenue is marketshare by definition (the amount of market you have captured). Profit is based on your margins.

Keep playing the profits game, while Playstation swallows both Xbox and Nintendo in marketshare irreversibly.

src said:
Agente42 said:

Then you are an amateur investor at best. Even amateur investors know revenue is marketshare by definition (the amount of market you have captured). Profit is based on your margins.

Keep playing the profits game, while Playstation swallows both Xbox and Nintendo in marketshare irreversibly.

You've lost a lot of money on the stock market haven't you? 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
src said:

You've lost a lot of money on the stock market haven't you? 

Ok. go to marketshare. 

Year marketshare? Switch wins

Japan market? Switch again.

Comparative market sales? Switch.