Level playing field (all three fairly equal) 20 24.10%

Strongly slanted Playstation 8 9.64%

Strongly slanted Nintendo 16 19.28%

Strongly slanted Microsoft 2 2.41%

Strongly slanted Nintendo & Playstation 35 42.17%

Strongly slanted Microsoft & Playstation 0 0%

Strongly slanted Microsoft & Nintendo 2 2.41%

Total:83

With devices like Switch Lite and things like cloud streaming and subscriptions, it's getting more difficult to make comparisons based on console sales. You can't compare Switch Lite sales with PS4 Pros and Xbox subscriptions.

Profit and revenue are the keys, and Nintendo and Sony remain strong. Particularly Nintendo that have a slimmer company with an incredible list of lucrative assets.

Xbox is still yet to be understood. They're kinda getting ready to leave the console business and rely on content only and God knows what that could bring for them and for the market, plus MS has all the strength of its huge parent corporation.

We also can't forget new possible players, like Stadia. I'm still not confident those players can get to successfully navigate this market (VG market is tough for non veteran organisations), but with determination and long term investment, they might be able to pull this off. Having said that, this is the part that I'd love to discuss about. We should have a thread about new possible players in this market. For me the most interesting thing going on this decade is the fact that finally other big companies might try what MS did a few generations ago (even though MS was also a game veteran company with Microsoft Games and IPs like Age of and Flight Simulator).

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Well, all I can say is this.  I hope you get lucky and don't end up living in a box.

FYI you got trolled hard by a joke account.
you can see 4 points recognising this :
1. getting personal
2. cherrypicking irrelevant data
3. ignoring your points
4. fanboying

Guess you're a troll account too....by your very own standards lmao

Good topic, and a good OP. I agree with the premise that the console market is relatively stable right now. I also think that the three major players are on about as equal footing as the major players have ever been. I don't know where system sales will end up this generation. But, each of the big three has something interesting going for them. I actually think we are seeing the most innovation in gaming that we have ever seen. Because of the gigantic indie scene (many of those games suck, but there are plenty of good ones in various genres) there are a massive variety of games to play. With the hybrid console, all digital consoles, streaming services, subscription plans, and various other new things, I think this is probably the most interesting time to be a gamer, especially for people like us that are interested in watching the business side.

I can't wait to see where we are five years from now.

src said:
kirby007 said:

FYI you got trolled hard by a joke account.
you can see 4 points recognising this :
1. getting personal
2. cherrypicking irrelevant data
3. ignoring your points
4. fanboying

Well i dont know what to tell you, but that would mean im an expert on trolls or on alts for that matter.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
src said:

Well i dont know what to tell you, but that would mean im an expert on trolls or on alts for that matter.

Not much of an expert if your track record is 0/1 LOL

Around the Network
src said:
kirby007 said:

Not much of an expert if your track record is 0/1 LOL

I would be interested to know if he is 0/1 on trolls or alts in your opinion.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!