By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who are worse? Presidential candidate fanatics or game console fanatics?

which one is worse

Presidential candidate 33 94.29%

Console/PC box 2 5.71%

Total:35

Not even comparable , console fanatics barely annoy me and even entertain me but political fanatics can make me depressed.

Around the Network

Imagine if console fanatic that also into politic LMAO

RolStoppable said:
Presidential candidate is much worse because blind bias can have much more severe consequences than cheering for a plastic box.

This sums it up perfectly.

Warning. Some viewers may find the following video's disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised.

Didn't the President wave the tariff for consoles specifically, so they could remain reasonably priced next gen? Though if they hadn't, perhaps some of these console fanatics would be smashing other things in the streets instead? We've all heard about the GTA real world influence.

Those poor consoles. Nothing deserves to perish that young. They had such a long life span ahead of them. WHY GOD, WHY?

Fanatics of presidential candidates are far worse than any console fanboy I've ever seen.

Around the Network

Fanatics of presidential candidates.

Console fanatism is just another type of fanboyism, like there is to comics, movies, anime and music. These are niches, I can disagree strongly with someone's videogame taste and still get along with them just fine. 
Politics is a broader subject and it usually invades the whole mindset, when taken to point of fanatism it makes the person insufferable. Plus it has bigger/more serious consequences. 

RolStoppable said:
Presidential candidate is much worse because blind bias can have much more severe consequences than cheering for a plastic box.

This 100%.

They both have nothing on sports fans. At least the other zealots have something interesting to jerk over.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Since I've come to this site I've found out that there are a fair amount of gamers out there that will defend their console like they are defending a political candidate. Even still, it's a lot more fun to talk about video games than politics.

Console fanatics can be annoying and blind to reality as well. But it's about a hobby. Irrational and near unconditional supporters of politicians are far more dangerous.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima