By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Fail to see how this is supposed to be impressive. FO and ES have been junk for years. But if this means more Doom and Dishonored, then thats great.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
All's fair but damn. This could potentially be really anti-consumer. Like when we had HDD vs Blu Ray and only certain movies were available on certain devices. You HAD to own both or miss out until we eventually had a winner. This is the opposite of the future I want.

That may be true if it was Sony that purchased them. But we know Microsoft is pushing games on Gamepass for Day 1 releases. And Gamepass is the best deal for gamers today and in the future. Especially when prices for games are increasing. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

chakkra said:

The only thing I regret is that this wasn't leaked as a rumor a week before. It would have been glorious to read all the threads that such a "rumor" would have generated.

no leaks is insane

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

goopy20 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
LOL so now we are saying that when Sony strikes these deals, money isn’t involved. They are just “leveraging their user base advantage”. No way.

Anyways, I still don’t believe this is true. What a massive deal.

Me: man Deathloop looks great, wonder how long Sony paid to keep it off of Xbox

Papa Phil: hold my beer

Put on your tinfoil hat and bear with me for a second. 

Nah I’m good fam 

Carl said:
I'd fully expect them to be Xbox brand exclusive now.

But I'd also fully expect Xbox Game Pass to eventually make its way to competing platforms.

You think Sony would allow Gamepass on PS5? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
 You keep earing that people don't play old games but the biggest exclusive release on PS5 is Demon Soul's remake.

Eh, this remake is basically a new game. Technically speaking. For me, this is the most next gen looking game for now.

Spike0503 said:
Sony needs to buy Square-Enix ASAP and From Software too, that would help them a lot with having strong permanent RPG exclusives.

I would love for that to be their response. I can’t think of anything except maybe Konami that I would give any less fucks about.

AkimboCurly said:
Question: does it make sense to block games from getting to sony's platform?

In an emotional console war, sure it does. But in the name of profit? no. 

There is a 3rd way - strengtening your core business, and YEAH this would make helluva ton of sense to make them at least 1-year exclusive.

AkimboCurly said:
Question: does it make sense to block games from getting to sony's platform?

In an emotional console war, sure it does. But in the name of profit? no. They want players considering buying a playstation to know that Doom, or The Elder Scrolls, or FIFA, or Madden, are $70 there. But that their console comes with two years of free access to those games, plus hundreds of others. That is quite compelling.

Failing to convince players to get an xbox and sign up, their next hope is to get you, the guy who was gonna buy on steam, or playstation, to get your Fallout at a fraction of the cost, through game streaming or game pass for PC. Can they get millions of laptops, smartphones, etc, buying an xbox controller and paying for gamepass? They want their games to be big, youtube successes like Animal Crossing was for Nintendo, and they want to profit by always positioning themselves as the best and cheapest way to play the game.

Microsoft wants to boost gamepass subs so it makes sense. Make games console exclusive so people buy the console and gamepass or subscribe on PC if they're a PC gamer.

loy310 said:
They needed it. Drives home the fact that next gen you will have to own all 3 consoles to really get the best out of next gen. NS, PS5 and XB. The days of picking and choosing are over for folks that gamed on one console.

Thank god i never liked any Bethesda game so sticking to the NS and PS5 will be easy.

You forgot MS secret weapon. Which is the Xbox GamePass. 

Pocky Lover Boy!