By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kirby007 said:
whereas im a total pleb and claim each free game from the epic game store on my burner email:D

Haha me too lol. I haven't even played any of them yet just storing them up lol 

Around the Network

Industry stuff aside, I have to admit it's pretty funny seeing Sony finally get bitch slapped hard by the same type of tactic they always use. You want to huff and puff about exclusivity, welp there ya go. 

⚠️  WARNED: Trolling

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 22 September 2020

The thing I hope the most from this acquisition is MS taking Fallout and putting it where it belongs - with Obsidian.

Does this site have gaming therapists? I need to talk about how this news affected me. I’m afraid my regular therapist wouldn’t understand

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

The Fury said:
Baddman said:
I just wanna know when is Skyrim coming to gamepass?

Wait it's not on there already? I'm pretty sure I have it for my Interactive Samsung Fridge. :P

Not that I recall I know they had Fallout 4, Doom 2016 and the Wolfenstein games up But I've never seen Skyrim on game pass

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

This goes beyond moneyhatting a couple of timed exclusives lol. Like I've been saying for months, Xcloud isn't just some cool optional bonus, it's MS's endgame. This just shows how serious they are about it.

Put on your tinfoil hat and bear with me for a second. At the moment GP has 15m subscribers. I'm guessing most of those subscribers are cheap ass bastards like me, who sign up for a month, play Gears 4/5 and cancel until some new noteworthy games get released. This is why GP is already bleeding money, let alone after a 7.5B acquisition like this.

15m Subscribers is peanuts in the grand scheme of things and I'm sure MS knows they are not going to get a big enough installbase of Series X/S to carry the GP platform. The only way GP can turn profitable is if they can tap into the billions of mobile gamers and massively expand their audience. This is one helluva gamble if you ask me. Are the bulk of the mobile gamers - who never even owned a console - really going to buy and walk around with a Xbox controller and play core games on their phones? Will the total number of gamers really grow exponentially if we don't need to buy consoles anymore and we can all stream games from an app on our TV's? I just don't see that happening at all. What MS seems to be missing is that not everybody with a phone or a TV is a gamer and gamers don't care about Cloud gaming. 

We'll see how this plays out but I honestly see MS releasing GP on ps5/ Switch later on. It would be a win-win for everybody when you think about it, especially for MS shareholders.

Xcloud is whatever we the consumer say it is. If it’s adopted by the tens of millions then that changes things. If it remains a niche option then MS will recognize that too. As for now, it’s an option, something extra. 

I can see Game Pass coming to Nintendo as they have a great relationship but they aren’t a direct competitor either. I don’t think Sony will ever allow GP even if MS wants to. 

You realize people will still buy games outright? Game Pass isn’t alone in generating profit for Xbox. Steam and the PC space in general will also go a ways to making up the difference. Remember this isn’t PlayStation where all games are only available on one console. Xbox revenue streams come from several places to overall generate profit. 

People are still talking like this is traditional Playstation Vs Xbox thing. They didn't just spend 7.5B to keep them exclusive to SX and boost console sales. MS has given up on that a long time ago and are going in a completely different direction. Truth is, Xbox is now an app and MS wants everybody to have access to it. I mean would it even matter if GP will be on ps5 or not if comes pre installed on smart TVs?

MS is banking on becoming the Netflix of gaming, meaning they want everyone - no matter what device you're on - to have access to their service.

Sony needs to buy Square-Enix ASAP and From Software too, that would help them a lot with having strong permanent RPG exclusives.

HoloDust said:
The thing I hope the most from this acquisition is MS taking Fallout and putting it where it belongs - with Obsidian.

I don't buy Xbox consoles but if they do this? I'd genuinely start thinking about buying an XSX at some point. Fallout is too precious for me but it has been stained over and over by the hacks at Bethesda. If Obsidian gets them...that's huge for me.

hinch said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah, if you have a good PC you get virtually everything, eventually. and with Steam Sales...well, I bet literally every PC gamer has a backlog over 100 games. 

But with me, I tried to avoid the console wars all last generation. I owned both a PS4 and XBO within a year of launch, and despite having both consoles I literally used the Xbox more to update the firmware than play games on it. I played more Zelda: Breath of the Wild in the first week of having it than I did the Xbox One in its entire 7-year run without a word of exaggeration. I didn't care about the console wars because I was on both sides, if the Xbox got an exclusive like Rare Replay or Sunset Overdrive, I could play them and not care. It just so happened to be that the console only ever got like 5 or 6 games that I actually cared about in 7 years that I didn't get on other consoles. I liked Gears 4 and 5, I liked Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay, and the MasterChief Collection/Halo 5 were both alright even if I never cared much for Halo. but that's basically it. I got Cuphead and The Ori games on Switch. simple as that. That's it for the entire duration of the console's life cycle, so it got next to no play. 

So going into Gen 9, I knew what console I'd be getting first, maybe only. Xbox hasn't impressed me for this long and my marketplace is slow so I am pretty short on funds; as a result I have to make a choice. this generation I CAN'T afford both and I can't justify getting a 700+ dollar console for a handful of games. I could when I got the Xbox One, I can't now. (That is, assuming these bethesda games are going to be Xbox Exclusive going forward). 

As a result, I feel the console war stirring within me! When I see my 'team' winning, I cheer. when the other team scores a goal, I boo. This is me booing. I'm honest enough with myself to admit that. The second I can afford an Xbox Series X or have enough disposable income to do so, I'll stop caring again because I win either way. Until that happens, I'm on a team and I hope that team wins because then I win through proximity by getting great games. 

I bought a 360 last gen to play Bioshock and Mass Effect and didn't know they were timed exclusives. This is frankly huge. And for people who can only have one console, this isn't good. We can only hope they will release big games on other mutiplatform (on consoles).

As a fellow gamer, maybe try PC? If you can get past the hurdle of what is required to get into it and the initial cost, I feel its worth it. Funding two consoles is going to get expensive, especially with next gen price increase and more subs to pay.

I have a VERY bad history with PC gaming. I'd rather just spend the 700+ on an Xbox I use to play 3 games than struggle with all the subtleties and nonsense that comes with trying to make a gaming PC work for me. I don't mind it for Roms and old games but anything new I just avoid. I know it's a good platform, but returning to that restaurant allegory, Sushi is good but I still hate it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Sony pays other gaming companys for exclusive content or limited time exclusives. While MS just straight out spends billions to own the whole thing.

Well played.

Pocky Lover Boy!