By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Manlytears said:
Chazore said:

They've already tried this before with their own games and that hasn't worked.

I just don't see them trying once more to pull another fuck over move and force everyone to use their already crappy storefront on PC. Like you can force your Xbox gamers to do whatever tune you jam out with, but PC for the longest time has done it's own thing whenever it wants to. 

I'm a fan of ES and Fallout and yeah, I'd stop buying, because I'm not going to just "give in" like some spineless normie. If they stop selling those games on Steam/GoG, I'll just buy from someone else instead, it's that simple. 

Consoles take 30% as well as other storefronts. Also, MS isn't likely to give up Steam for a chance at trying to force people to using a storefront that not many like using in the first place. 

I don't see it happening, I'm sorry. Much as you want to harp on about the 30% (known only after Timmy boy harped on about it, thus random folk are now doing the same), Steam is still going to be around and is still going to see big games sold on it. 

I disagree with you, respect your point of view and also say that I would rather be wrong ... I dare even say that I praise your attitude of not allowing yourself to be forced to buy at the windows store.
That said, I reinforce my point ... They have the power to put Elder scroll as exclusive for Windows store, if they do that many will complain, but in the end most will buy it anyway ...
The 30% extra profit will be very welcome and the windows store will gain greater visibility, possibly becoming more popular for some.

I could bet they would lose less than 30% in sales by not going steam so it would paid out by the not paying the steam cut.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

On another note, can we please move TES and Fallout away from the god awful Creation Engine.

Marth said:
It's quite funny to see the double standard.

I remember how people were cheering when Sony acquired Insomniac. How that was an amazing move.
But when Microsoft does it everyone acts oh so concerned.

We need Nintendo to get in that game as well to complete the trifecta. Default reaction would probably be downplaying Nintendos aquisitions all the time lol.

Microsoft's perspective is better than Sony since we know the franchises will also be on PC and Gamepass (which is currently the best deal in gaming especially when game prices increases) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Stellar_Fungk said:
Does this site have gaming therapists? I need to talk about how this news affected me. I’m afraid my regular therapist wouldn’t understand

lulz That's nice. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Ms still gets money as people still buy Minecraft. If u compare to when they bought it to how many units they have sold now, they would have made 2 billion easier

RolStoppable said:

sundin13 said:

(...)

Again, this is under the assumption that Xbox will shift these games towards exclusivity which we don't know yet, but it seems strange to spend this much money on a brand and then not utilize it to produce exclusives...

It is strange, but Microsoft spent big on Minecraft and then released Minecraft Dungeons day and date on all consoles, all the while Minecraft getting continuously updates everywhere.

You may find the lack of coherence and logical thinking on Microsoft's part perplexing (and it is), but that's just who they are. They have no clue, but they have money.

Around the Network
hinch said:
Runa216 said:

I have a VERY bad history with PC gaming. I'd rather just spend the 700+ on an Xbox I use to play 3 games than struggle with all the subtleties and nonsense that comes with trying to make a gaming PC work for me. I don't mind it for Roms and old games but anything new I just avoid. I know it's a good platform, but returning to that restaurant allegory, Sushi is good but I still hate it. 

Fair enough.. PC gaming isn't for everyone. It can be a headache even for a lot of tech minded people, when problems occur.

And you don't like sushi? What kinda mad person doesn't like sushi :o

I know, I know. I feel shame for not liking sushi every day. I just don't like the seaweed or the fishiness of it all or the lack of flavour in the raw fish. I know it's not all raw fish, but it's enough to make me bleh. I love Japanese food! I love tempura and I go to a sushi house all the time...but I never order sushi. Hard pass for me.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

Xcloud is whatever we the consumer say it is. If it’s adopted by the tens of millions then that changes things. If it remains a niche option then MS will recognize that too. As for now, it’s an option, something extra. 

I can see Game Pass coming to Nintendo as they have a great relationship but they aren’t a direct competitor either. I don’t think Sony will ever allow GP even if MS wants to. 

You realize people will still buy games outright? Game Pass isn’t alone in generating profit for Xbox. Steam and the PC space in general will also go a ways to making up the difference. Remember this isn’t PlayStation where all games are only available on one console. Xbox revenue streams come from several places to overall generate profit. 

People are still talking like this is traditional Playstation Vs Xbox thing. They didn't just spend 7.5B to keep them exclusive to SX and boost console sales. MS has given up on that a long time ago and are going in a completely different direction. Truth is, Xbox is now an app and MS wants everybody to have access to it. I mean would it even matter if GP will be on ps5 or not if comes pre installed on smart TVs?

MS is banking on becoming the Netflix of gaming, meaning they want everyone - no matter what device you're on - to have access to their service.

I get more then most when I say Xbox wants to lower barriers to play their games. Consoles are still the most viable source of GP subs. That’s why they made 2 Xbox Skus to technically Sony’s 1. MS is actually MORE invested into consoles then Sony is because that’s the easiest way to get a sub. That’s what’s Series S is for. Facts are facts 2 consoles > 1. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Jumpinbeans said:
Interesting news but nothing to really worry about for the next few years till fallout 723897238947 or ES comes out. By that time MSFT will know what direction the console war is going.....and it won't be their way (fingers crossed) :)

What do you meaan by it wont be their way? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

sundin13 said:
sales2099 said:

Bold: It benefits Xbox and their consumers. And it’s healthy competition. Best gen was when 360 and PS3 were almost even. Each had success and the industry was big enough for both. Now it’s one sided and therefore not ideal for anyone not fully invested in PlayStation. This evens the field to a degree, which does benefit the industry on the whole. 

You will be dragged kicking and screaming to the Xbox brand, but I guarantee you once you settle in you will find we take care of our own. You will play more games and spend less money doing so, with plenty consumer friendly options. 

How does it benefit Xbox consumers? These games already would have been on Xbox. I can fathom a few fairly minor benefits to Xbox customers like as others have mentioned, the potential of these games being on Game Pass sooner, but overall, the primary effect of this acquisition is that Xbox customers get the same thing they've always gotten and Playstation/Nintendo customers get something worse. I am all for competition, but not like this. I would wholeheartedly support MS dumping cash into developing a new studio or pouring money into new talent but this seems like subtractive spending, not additive spending. 

Again, this is under the assumption that Xbox will shift these games towards exclusivity which we don't know yet, but it seems strange to spend this much money on a brand and then not utilize it to produce exclusives...

Financially. I save money playing them on Game Pass instead of buying outright. Elevates the Xbox brand, which fuels more users, which in turn fuels more investment into the brand. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.