By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Regarding multi-platform, Bethesda says they're still going to publish games, and from IGN:

While avoiding any specifics, Todd Howard also alluded to the idea of exclusives indicating, perhaps that Bethesda would not be limited to the Xbox ecosystem: "Like our original partnership, this one is about more than one system or one screen. We share a deep belief in the fundamental power of games, in their ability to connect, empower, and bring joy. And a belief we should bring that to everyone - regardless of who you are, where you live, or what you play on. Regardless of the screen size, the controller, or your ability to even use one."

To me, that sounds like games will still be coming to PS5. Because games will definitely still be coming to PC, they might be "losing money" by not releasing on PS5 in the future. Having Bethesda associated with Xbox and all of their stuff day 1 on GP still adds value to the service, so it's still very likely that games like the next TES and the next Doom are going to be on PS5, at least at some point. As a PS guy, this is worrying, but I'll understand if there's more timed exclusives going forward. Thankfully, the only series I care about being affected by this acquisition is Doom. Is Sony going to respond with more acquisitions of their own before launch? I honestly don't want them to, but they have got to be wondering about who MS might acquire in the future and what games they could keep off of Playstation, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Funny how people were talking about Sony trying to get all these 3rd party deals and how much money they spent on them... and then MS does THIS. lol

Also it's weird that Xbox fans think this is only a good thing, when really this just means more acquisitions by the competition and more exclusives which they claim to dislike.

Last edited by A_Robo_Commando - on 21 September 2020

Sony, if you're reading this, do something new with The Legend of Dragoon. You will make me a happy man. Thanks.

Around the Network
hinch said:

But honestly this is wtf news lol. I thought exclusives were anti consumer..

MS *go and buys out a huge publisher* Riight.

MS is just flexing on the amount of money they have.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Does Sony have a reputation for lacking exclusive AAA games? If they did it it would be just widening the gap and is anti competition. Xbox is the one that has the stigma and needs the games boost. This more then evens the playing field. This is what happens when you keep poking the bear that happens to have more money then God ;)

Good thing is that they are very hands off with their buys. They provide money and security and let their teams do what they want. Games will probably take longer if MS isn’t imposing strict deadlines but at least the games will be creative as the devs intended. 

I know these games don’t fall under “single player 3rd person story driven action adventure” that you are spoiled with but hey, they at least AAA single player games. That’s something right? 

MS fanbase mocked PS3 and PS4 for several years on their release for "no games". Sony answered by releasing games from their internal studio. But well you think MS despise trying to pass the good guy image is on the forums and got heated by console war so decided to buy Zenimax (as you and other also said was the reason for X1X and Series X) ok.

Not really, I said in a different post but from the know titles that were mentioned on the image I only played Evil Within, so if all Zenimax games became exclusive and Deathloop (their game that got me interested) became exclusives to Xbox I wouldn`t really feel like missing anything. It more of a seeing the people posting here celebrating while they were all cautionary that Sony buying Capcom would make MS react and buy EA+Activision and stuff like that. But what we have seem was MS buy like 15 studios (while opening 1 or 2) and Sony buying 1 studio that was already mostly making games only for Sony.

I remember the PS3 mocking (2006-2009). 2010 and on they really started pumping em out. But PS4 was practically untouchable from the start with all Xbox One problems. What can I say, reputations have an overall effect on the brand. You can’t be on top if the gaming internet doesn’t like you.

Gotta stop the bad word of mouth and let positive word flow. They have since remedied lingering stigmas of lacking power and not putting gamers first and just a matter of the games actually coming to solidify it. Well either way the playing field is more even. Bout time Sony’s smug elitism was put on notice. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 21 September 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

KingofTrolls said:
Fine by me. Sony has to somewhat counterthis, lets see their sleeve.

Probably making a certain character in a multiplatform game exclusive to PS5. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Runa216 said:
hinch said:

Fair enough.. PC gaming isn't for everyone. It can be a headache even for a lot of tech minded people, when problems occur.

And you don't like sushi? What kinda mad person doesn't like sushi :o

I know, I know. I feel shame for not liking sushi every day. I just don't like the seaweed or the fishiness of it all or the lack of flavour in the raw fish. I know it's not all raw fish, but it's enough to make me bleh. I love Japanese food! I love tempura and I go to a sushi house all the time...but I never order sushi. Hard pass for me.

Tried it a few times myself and both times i ended up in a state of intense regret as i also not wanted to show disrespect by not eating it.

That said i have never been to a place that specializes in sushi so i want to try it atleast once more or make it myself.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

MS fanbase mocked PS3 and PS4 for several years on their release for "no games". Sony answered by releasing games from their internal studio. But well you think MS despise trying to pass the good guy image is on the forums and got heated by console war so decided to buy Zenimax (as you and other also said was the reason for X1X and Series X) ok.

Not really, I said in a different post but from the know titles that were mentioned on the image I only played Evil Within, so if all Zenimax games became exclusive and Deathloop (their game that got me interested) became exclusives to Xbox I wouldn`t really feel like missing anything. It more of a seeing the people posting here celebrating while they were all cautionary that Sony buying Capcom would make MS react and buy EA+Activision and stuff like that. But what we have seem was MS buy like 15 studios (while opening 1 or 2) and Sony buying 1 studio that was already mostly making games only for Sony.

I remember the PS3 mocking (2006-2009). 2010 and on they really started pumping em out. But PS4 was practically untouchable from the start with all Xbox One problems. What can I say, reputations have an overall effect on the brand. You can’t be on top if the gaming internet doesn’t like you.

Gotta stop the bad word of mouth and let positive word flow. They have since remedied lingering stigmas of lacking power and not putting gamers first and just a matter of the games actually coming to solidify it. Well either way the playing field is more even. Bout time Sony’s smug elitism was put on notice. 

Yeah i feel like Sony has been underplaying things a tiny bit, this competition might give them another spark to put even extra effort in what the fanbase likes.

Runa216 said:
hinch said:

Fair enough.. PC gaming isn't for everyone. It can be a headache even for a lot of tech minded people, when problems occur.

And you don't like sushi? What kinda mad person doesn't like sushi :o

I know, I know. I feel shame for not liking sushi every day. I just don't like the seaweed or the fishiness of it all or the lack of flavour in the raw fish. I know it's not all raw fish, but it's enough to make me bleh. I love Japanese food! I love tempura and I go to a sushi house all the time...but I never order sushi. Hard pass for me.

Man.. you're making me hungry lol. Tempura'd stuffed sushi and prawn is to die for. I need to travel to Japan and go on a binge fest. Between the ramen and sushi places - because from the videos I've seen of the food there they look tasty AF.

But yah raw fish and all that... Couldn't eat that everyday

A_Robo_Commando said:

Funny how people were talking about Sony trying to get all these 3rd party deals and how much money they spent on them... and then MS does THIS. lol

No greater money hat than just buying the competition. Out of the 3 companies, I think MS are the only ones to do this because they are supported by a much larger division they have a monopoly on.

Hmm, pie.

Manlytears said:

I disagree with you, respect your point of view and also say that I would rather be wrong ... I dare even say that I praise your attitude of not allowing yourself to be forced to buy at the windows store.
That said, I reinforce my point ... They have the power to put Elder scroll as exclusive for Windows store, if they do that many will complain, but in the end most will buy it anyway ...
The 30% extra profit will be very welcome and the windows store will gain greater visibility, possibly becoming more popular for some.

That's totally fine if you want to, I'm not saying you have to agree with me here.

I'm just basing this of prior history with MS in the market. For years they have tried so very hard to break PC gamers into doing what they want, rather than what we want, and for the longest time that ideal has failed, simply because we're wise enough to see the end goal.

They have the power, but logically it doesn't make much sense, because they technically should have pulled that with MC, a game they sunk a ton of money into when they frst bought it out, yet that game is still being sold across multiple platforms, and still exists within the same network (albeit transferred to their own now). They know what the long game is, and that game is to keep selling where you can and slowly chip away at your competition, slowly gaining people on board, to hop on into your ecosystem, rather than the old approach, which was "my way or the highway", straight off the bat. 

I don't see everyone giving into that though. I mean, Fallout was insanely popular for the longest time, and look how not so well 76 did, let alone it's BR mode, which should have made the game sell like hotcakes, but it didn't, so not even a wordily popular mode like BR could save that game.

I'm not sure how the 30% is being welcomed?. I honestly don't see the Windows store suddenly becoming greater than that of Steam. I think some of you put a bit too much stock into this.

MS are far, far from becoming supreme lovable, and very popular overlords, like some are making them out to be. Disney has them beat on that, and even their image is now waning. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I guess I can give up hoping for a Fallout 4 remaster for PSVR 2.0 Dishonered would have been great in VR as well.

Are Alien Isolation and Dead space still safe?