By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Intrinsic said:
Jranation said:

Imo Xbox Series + PC + Gamepass should be enough. 

If you have PC + Gamepas, why do you need the Xbox Series?

#1 to play on your TV.
#2 If you own a console, anyone can have access to your GamePass and you can keep playing on PC.
#3 Microsoft get your support regardless if you own a console, they rather just have you playing their games and in the eco system.

Around the Network
Replicant said:

Megaton!

Now do Fallout: New Vegas 2 :D

goopy20 said:
Pemalite said:

I always find it absolutely puzzling how people claim Microsoft has "no clue".
They definitely have a clue when it comes to business... Because I can not remember a time where they were financially struggling.

In short, Microsoft definitely has a clue, their strategy has to be working for them to still be raking in cash... And yes, Sony and Nintendo are a business also and also primarily exist to grab consumers wallets. Microsoft is simply better at it.

Not if we're talking about the Xbox gaming division, though. 

You aren't looking at the bigger picture.

The Xbox gaming division isn't just about games.

You buy an Xbox... You will probably be using Internet explorer and bring in ad revenue, you might be using skype and leveraging that subscription.

I will for example upload a game video from my Xbox to One Drive and then access that game video on my PC or even Phone... And I pay a Microsoft office license for that.

Microsoft is trying to get you into an "ecosystem" where every service can lean into each other to accrue cumulative spending... This is why Microsoft is so good at what it does. And no. That spending isn't reflected in the Xbox gaming division.

This is bigger picture stuff.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

eva01beserk said:
Man I can't keep up with this thread while at work. So I left it like page 15. I'm sure a lot have said this but I hope this dosent do to Bethesda what Activision did to Blizzard. Quality just straight down the toilet and games as a service galore.

Dont know about quality, but most new games that they develop from now on will most likely have some aspect from GAAS games. I mean, they are all going to be on gamepass day one, so they need to make them profitable somehow.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

BraLoD said:
Megaton.
Elder Scrolls alone is a massive interest boost for the brand.

Imagine if it was Sony doing it tho, would be the anti-consumer move of the decade.

Well when the winner only widens their lead it’s not quite the same as a underdog making a comeback. Everyone loves a good rising from the ashes story. Ironic that MS is in fact a much bigger company then Sony but alas we view this rivalry purely in the gaming space. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
Pemalite said:

I always find it absolutely puzzling how people claim Microsoft has "no clue".
They definitely have a clue when it comes to business... Because I can not remember a time where they were financially struggling.

In short, Microsoft definitely has a clue, their strategy has to be working for them to still be raking in cash... And yes, Sony and Nintendo are a business also and also primarily exist to grab consumers wallets. Microsoft is simply better at it.

Not sure the Xbox gaming division is raking in the cash though ;) MS is making a fortune on Cloud revenue. 

It is. Hardware is down but services are up. It’s not a big profit but I imagine a new gen will be the uptick they are looking forward to. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ice said:
These games coming to Gamepass day 1 is the real kicker, I personally don’t care if they still come to PlayStation.

Finally more Microsoft focus response in the Microsoft discussion.

It's not just the games coming Day 1, but all of the old games coming to Gamepass library. In the span of a week, Microsoft just added EA play vault games and all of Zenimax games to gamepass. That is tremendous value for next-gen system owners on Day 1. 

Pemalite said:
goopy20 said:

You buy an Xbox... You will probably be using Internet explorer and bring in ad revenue, you might be using skype and leveraging that subscription.

I will for example upload a game video from my Xbox to One Drive and then access that game video on my PC or even Phone... And I pay a Microsoft office license for that.

Microsoft is trying to get you into an "ecosystem" where every service can lean into each other to accrue cumulative spending... This is why Microsoft is so good at what it does. And no. That spending isn't reflected in the Xbox gaming division.

I believe you hit the homerun on this analysis.  When you think about MS spending 7+B to purchase a game publisher and studios, it has to be something that MS feel will benefit their entire business not just the game division.  In order to get buy in from the big execs, Phil had to sell them some ice cold water in Alaska because this is a company bet not a games division bet.  People forget that when MS CEO Satya took over he changed MS into a service oriented company.  Gamepass fits right into their strategy as another means to get all of their services into customers hands in some form or fashion.  MS definitely want to be using at near capacity their server infrastructure or its wasting money.  It all fits and this may not be the only big move that happen this year.

Pemalite said:
goopy20 said:

MS is making a killing with Cloud revenue and that's obviously their end game when it comes to GP and Xcloud too. They're not going to spend 7.5B just to lock Bethesda behind their Xbox and try to push console sales. MS isn't playing that game anymore. Their whole new slogan is "if everybody plays we all win" and I'm 100% sure all of Bethesda's games will end up on ps5. Just look at Mojang, MS spend a fortune on it and Minecraft Dungeons still came out on ps4.

What they'll be looking to do is make GP available on as many devices as possible, including ps5, Switch, PC, Phones and Smart TV's, effectively making them the Netflix of gaming. Xcloud is already on Android and I'm willing to bet we'll get an announcement soon that it will come pre-installed on Samsung TVs.

People keep thinking I'm making up conspiracy theories here, but just look at this lol. 

Microsoft Blows Away Amazon in 2019 Cloud Revenue: 30% Bigger

https://cloudwars.co/microsoft/microsoft-cloud-revenue-blows-away-amazons-by-30-for-2019/

xCloud and Game Pass may be coming to Samsung TVs

https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/monitors/mustafa-mahmoud/xcloud-and-game-pass-may-be-coming-to-samsung-tvs/

Last edited by goopy20 - on 21 September 2020

sales2099 said:
BraLoD said:
Megaton.
Elder Scrolls alone is a massive interest boost for the brand.

Imagine if it was Sony doing it tho, would be the anti-consumer move of the decade.

Well when the winner only widens their lead it’s not quite the same as a underdog making a comeback. Everyone loves a good rising from the ashes story. Ironic that MS is in fact a much bigger company then Sony but alas we view this rivalry purely in the gaming space. 

That was when only MS gaming division was going up against Sony which has a limited budget, I believe this move shows that the whole company has turned its eye towards gaming in a much different way.  Its like Sauron eye has just focused on Frodo when he put the ring on.  Maybe to many 3rd party timed exclusive caught the MS as a company gaze and now the full might of MS is about to come to bare on the market.  Not sure if I actually like this or not because I like it much better when MS plays the underdog.  MS works way harder as the underdog then when they get on top so, it will be interesting to see the market response.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 21 September 2020