By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This is a very smart move from MS. The aim is to cement the future of the Game Pass model. At the very least future titles for Doom, Fallout, Skyrim/ Elder Scrolls releases will be timed exclusives and other consoles will have to wait for 12 months so as to give game pass preferential treatment on pc and Xbox. Makes perfect sense since game pass has become a huge priority.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network

Well then... The timeline has been changed!

Kinect 2 confirmed? Jokes aside; the idea of return fire worries me.

HollyGamer said:
jason1637 said:

Gotta sell consoles to get subscribers. Not everyone has a gaming capable PC.

But that's Xcloud for 

Game streaming is still very niche.

jason1637 said:
HollyGamer said:

But that's Xcloud for 

Game streaming is still very niche.

I think it will change in 2 years a ahead. Microsoft has their projection for that. Even Gampass has exceed in 15 million since April 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
loy310 said:
They needed it. Drives home the fact that next gen you will have to own all 3 consoles to really get the best out of next gen. NS, PS5 and XB. The days of picking and choosing are over for folks that gamed on one console.

Thank god i never liked any Bethesda game so sticking to the NS and PS5 will be easy.

You forgot MS secret weapon. Which is the Xbox GamePass. 

No.....XB is gamepass, i did mention XB right?

hory sheit!!! :O :O :O I'm sure games will still come to switch but not so sure about sony..

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Metallox said:
It would be a waste indeed if Bethesda games kept releasing on PlayStation.

Not really they still need to make money off the purchase, plus this is more about gamepass it means lots more day one AAA, so GP becomes more attractive.

The acquisition also means that the service will mature in both content and sub numbers at a faster rate making it easier to reach the point where they can justify a more sustainable price point, another reason why we most likely won't see most games exclusively Xbox/PC is MS's move away from the old games platform model and its pivot toward being a service platform with many revenue streams.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Intrinsic said:
ironmanDX said:

I don't think Ms will. Will it be timed? Maybe. In fact, probably. 

A lot of the games like the upcoming elder scrolls probably will release at the same time. 

Of course, they will. You don't spend $7.5B on a publisher only to be releasing its games on the platform of your primary rival.

I think you're misunderstanding MS' approach.

They really, really don't care anymore about your hardware war. If you really, really want to pay $60 for a Microsoft game on a $500 PS5, they'll take your money.

Their plan is just to make your decision to do that look increasingly irrational by offering you that game and hundreds more for $10 a month on PC, or on one of their own (entirely optional) consoles.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Mummelmann said:
This is an incredible move from MS. And it signifies something no one has mentioned yet and that goes beyond the acquisition itself; it shows that MS more centrally have once regained their faith in the games and gaming segment of the MS conglomerate, after many years of doubts and several central units wanting to axe the entire Xbox division.

Nice move, MS, nice move. The only way for them to gain marketshare and relevance is by sheer force and determination, now they could even partly cover one of their greatest weaknesses; lack of appealing exclusives. This is sure to reignite favor from both Xbox fans, investors, and developers in the long run.

Indeed, I expect it will be at least three days before Sony fans speculate MS might discontinue their gaming division again

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS