Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox acquires Bethesda

A_Robo_Commando said:

Funny how people were talking about Sony trying to get all these 3rd party deals and how much money they spent on them... and then MS does THIS. lol

No greater money hat than just buying the competition. Out of the 3 companies, I think MS are the only ones to do this because they are supported by a much larger division they have a monopoly on.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Megaton.
Elder Scrolls alone is a massive interest boost for the brand.

Imagine if it was Sony doing it tho, would be the anti-consumer move of the decade.

Manlytears said:

I disagree with you, respect your point of view and also say that I would rather be wrong ... I dare even say that I praise your attitude of not allowing yourself to be forced to buy at the windows store.
That said, I reinforce my point ... They have the power to put Elder scroll as exclusive for Windows store, if they do that many will complain, but in the end most will buy it anyway ...
The 30% extra profit will be very welcome and the windows store will gain greater visibility, possibly becoming more popular for some.

That's totally fine if you want to, I'm not saying you have to agree with me here.

I'm just basing this of prior history with MS in the market. For years they have tried so very hard to break PC gamers into doing what they want, rather than what we want, and for the longest time that ideal has failed, simply because we're wise enough to see the end goal.

They have the power, but logically it doesn't make much sense, because they technically should have pulled that with MC, a game they sunk a ton of money into when they frst bought it out, yet that game is still being sold across multiple platforms, and still exists within the same network (albeit transferred to their own now). They know what the long game is, and that game is to keep selling where you can and slowly chip away at your competition, slowly gaining people on board, to hop on into your ecosystem, rather than the old approach, which was "my way or the highway", straight off the bat. 

I don't see everyone giving into that though. I mean, Fallout was insanely popular for the longest time, and look how not so well 76 did, let alone it's BR mode, which should have made the game sell like hotcakes, but it didn't, so not even a wordily popular mode like BR could save that game.

I'm not sure how the 30% is being welcomed?. I honestly don't see the Windows store suddenly becoming greater than that of Steam. I think some of you put a bit too much stock into this.

MS are far, far from becoming supreme lovable, and very popular overlords, like some are making them out to be. Disney has them beat on that, and even their image is now waning. 

I guess I can give up hoping for a Fallout 4 remaster for PSVR 2.0 Dishonered would have been great in VR as well.

Are Alien Isolation and Dead space still safe?

Love how everyone think in just the term console wars, Microsoft would need to sell 110 million games at full price to break even on the 7.5 billion, that's without the cost of development and advertising. Clearly there's a bigger plan than just selling a few more consoles.

Around the Network

These games coming to Gamepass day 1 is the real kicker, I personally don’t care if they still come to PlayStation.

sales2099 said:
RolStoppable said:

As a Switch owner, I am very scared.

Lol you likely to get games from Xbox more often then not. One word: Wii60. I still remember the days of the great alliance between Nintendo and Xbox fans uniting against a common enemy ;)

Let's bring the alliance back! The Xbox series Switch. Nah... The Switch series... The Switch SX?

I have to admit Wii60 was much more easy to combine and be recognizable.

Edit: The Switchbox!

Last edited by Mnementh - on 21 September 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
sales2099 said:

Lol you likely to get games from Xbox more often then not. One word: Wii60. I still remember the days of the great alliance between Nintendo and Xbox fans uniting against a common enemy ;)

Let's bring the alliance back! The Xbox series Switch. Nah... The Switch series... The Switch SX?

Switchbox

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Mnementh said:
sales2099 said:

Edit: The Switchbox!

Not sure why console names have to be combined for an alliance.

Pony Slayers

That has a nice ring to it.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Megaton!

Now do Fallout: New Vegas 2 :D