By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will sell the most ?

Who will sell the most

Nintendo Switch 82 68.91%

PS5 37 31.09%

Total:119
Pyro as Bill said:

Playstation has entered it's permanent decline.

What do you expect for PS5? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I think Switch will become the biggest system of all time, selling more than PS2. At the very worst will sell 150 million.

PS5 will sell good but less than PS4, i expect something between 100-120 million.

Nintendo is not in as direct of competition as Sony and Microsoft. But I think Switch will have better lifetime sales. PS5 will almost surely sell less than PS4 due to better competition (Switch and Switch 2, Xbox Series X/S). I still think PS5 has a very good shot of 100 million. Maybe even a few million more than that to pass the PS1.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I think overall the Switch will become the best selling console ever, but PS5 still can manage to sell +100 million

I do not see the PS5 passing PS4, and I predicted the Switch would outsell the PS4. In fact I don't think the PS5 will pass 100 mil.

A lot of people seem to forget how the PS4 got rolling, Microsoft and Nintendo stumbled hard at the start of the 8th generation. This is completely different, so I believe the PS5 won't be as hot as either PS4 or Switch.

Around the Network

I think the business model Sony is using is in slow decline. How well they do is what they can seize from the Xbox market. It will be hard to win people away from Nintendo because Switch users bought it for things PS5 is incapable of offering. Will 4K be enough to beat the compelling product that is the Nintendo Switch in that overlap demographic? Judging by the increasing numbers of Switch owners, it doesn't look like anyone is holding their breath.
I think Switch, easily, makes itself a more compelling gaming device than mobile for way more people than the 3DS did. The Switch feels kind of like a Steam console + high fidelity mobile gaming with less of a freemium push + Nintendo elite console; it's a fantastic combination.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Metallox said:
Pyro as Bill said:

This isn't as much an expectation, as it is what he hopes for.

@Pyro as Bill

Is this your first post since you got back from your most recent ban? Good one.

So, not just a decline from PS4 to PS5, which is reasonable for a variety of factors ( I have said as much as well ), but a permanent decline.

Care to elaborate on this vision into the far future so we can see why it shouldn't be tossed on the already immense Pyro as Bill comment dung heap?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I think the Switch will win too.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Metallox said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I think it will sell less than Switch and PS4 because Nintendo and MS have decided to turn up this generation.

COKTOE said:
Metallox said:

This isn't as much an expectation, as it is what he hopes for.

@Pyro as Bill

Is this your first post since you got back from your most recent ban? Good one.

So, not just a decline from PS4 to PS5, which is reasonable for a variety of factors ( I have said as much as well ), but a permanent decline.

Care to elaborate on this vision into the far future so we can see why it shouldn't be tossed on the already immense Pyro as Bill comment dung heap?

Playstation can't/won't counter Nintendo's hybrid. If Sony can't hurt Nintendo but Nintendo can hurt Sony then it's just a matter of time before the inevitable happens. The best Sony can hope for going forward is to try and steal the remaining ~50m XB consumers that don't buy Playstation while not losing any of their own customers to Nintendo and MS.

If Nintendo would have released a hybrid last gen and MS wouldn't have dropped the ball then the decline from PS2-PS3-PS4 and PSP-PSV-extinction would be more obvious to people.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Probably the Switch. I don't see PS5 outselling the PS4 given that PS4 barely had any other systems to compete against while now there are a lot of other ways for consumer's money to go with Nintendo being the hottest thing around now instead of a complete failure and Xbox offering a $300 entry level system which should put it in a much stronger position than last gen. And Switch looks very likely to outsell PS4 so yeah, I doubt PS5 has a chance to outsell Switch, but ya never know.