By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will sell the most ?

Who will sell the most

Nintendo Switch 81 68.64%

PS5 37 31.36%

Total:118
Metallox said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Playstation has entered it's permanent decline.

What do you expect for PS5? 

This isn't as much an expectation, as it is what he hopes for.

@Pyro as Bill

Is this your first post since you got back from your most recent ban? Good one.

So, not just a decline from PS4 to PS5, which is reasonable for a variety of factors ( I have said as much as well ), but a permanent decline.

Care to elaborate on this vision into the far future so we can see why it shouldn't be tossed on the already immense Pyro as Bill comment dung heap?

Chinese food for breakfast

Around the Network

I think the upcoming generation stands a very good shot and being a tighter race between PlayStation and Xbox. The PS5 could still pass 100 million, but not by much. The Switch meanwhile stands a very good shot at matching or maybe even slightly passing the PS4, which is still on target for 120M or so.

So, I'm gonna go with the Switch.

That's globally, however. The PS5 will probably comfortably outsell the Switch in Europe. But with North America (where the Switch is on track to be the #1 system of Gen 8) likely being a dead heat and with the home console market in Japan being so small compared to where it was in Gen 6 and earlier, that should be enough to make up any deficits arising from Europe.

I think the Switch will win too.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Metallox said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Playstation has entered it's permanent decline.

I think it will sell less than Switch and PS4 because Nintendo and MS have decided to turn up this generation.

COKTOE said:
Metallox said:

@Pyro as Bill

So, not just a decline from PS4 to PS5, which is reasonable for a variety of factors ( I have said as much as well ), but a permanent decline.

Care to elaborate on this vision into the far future so we can see why it shouldn't be tossed on the already immense Pyro as Bill comment dung heap?

Playstation can't/won't counter Nintendo's hybrid. If Sony can't hurt Nintendo but Nintendo can hurt Sony then it's just a matter of time before the inevitable happens. The best Sony can hope for going forward is to try and steal the remaining ~50m XB consumers that don't buy Playstation while not losing any of their own customers to Nintendo and MS.

If Nintendo would have released a hybrid last gen and MS wouldn't have dropped the ball then the decline from PS2-PS3-PS4 and PSP-PSV-extinction would be more obvious to people.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Probably the Switch. I don't see PS5 outselling the PS4 given that PS4 barely had any other systems to compete against while now there are a lot of other ways for consumer's money to go with Nintendo being the hottest thing around now instead of a complete failure and Xbox offering a $300 entry level system which should put it in a much stronger position than last gen. And Switch looks very likely to outsell PS4 so yeah, I doubt PS5 has a chance to outsell Switch, but ya never know.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Metallox said:

I think it will sell less than Switch and PS4 because Nintendo and MS have decided to turn up this generation.

COKTOE said:

@Pyro as Bill

Playstation can't/won't counter Nintendo's hybrid. If Sony can't hurt Nintendo but Nintendo can hurt Sony then it's just a matter of time before the inevitable happens. The best Sony can hope for going forward is to try and steal the remaining ~50m XB consumers that don't buy Playstation while not losing any of their own customers to Nintendo and MS.

If Nintendo would have released a hybrid last gen and MS wouldn't have dropped the ball then the decline from PS2-PS3-PS4 and PSP-PSV-extinction would be more obvious to people.

I appreciate you fleshing out your idea. I think it's terrible. Missing several elements that are in play for all the platform holders beyond the fact that the Switch is a hybrid, as well as the supposition that, PS "can't/won't do it"...But the inclusion of the hypothetical alternate timeline where literally everything that happened, didn't happen, is beyond the pale. GTFO. That could be applied to anything. From some dingus making the wrong call on "Should I eat this shit sandwich?", to "We should let the Soviets have all the German scientists". And this hypothetical is built upon the foundation that PS was already in some type of undeniable decline. As if there's some kind of well established pattern that gives credence to your insane theory. I've seen you make good, coherent posts in political threads. I don't know if you're going through some shit, or you are just that blinded by your bias, but you are better than this.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 20 September 2020

Chinese food for breakfast

too early to say, PS5 is not even out...

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Switch. It still has probably 3 years ahead of it before Switch 2 releases, including the rumored Switch Pro release. I think Switch will end up topping PS4. I expect PS5 to sell less than PS4; PS5 is facing tougher competition from Xbox than PS4 did, and I think this will be a shorter gen of probably 6 years for Sony and MS, which would cut PS5's legs short.

COKTOE said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I appreciate you fleshing out your idea. I think it's terrible. Missing several elements that are in play for all the platform holders beyond the fact that the Switch is a hybrid, as well as the supposition that, PS "can't/won't do it"...But the inclusion of the hypothetical alternate timeline where literally everything that happened, didn't happen, is beyond the pale. GTFO. That could be applied to anything. From some dingus making the wrong call on "Should I eat this shit sandwich?", to "We should let the Soviets have all the German scientists". And this hypothetical is built upon the foundation that PS was already in some type of undeniable decline. As if there's some kind of well established pattern that gives credence to your insane theory. I've seen you make good, coherent posts in political threads. I don't know if you're going through some shit, or you are just that blinded by your bias, but you are better than this.

Just to prove I'm not biased, I'll point out that historically nobody has ever been able to beat Nintendo's dedicated handhelds but from now on they're also 'doomed' in the sense that they'll never be able to outsell the hybrid.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Nintendo Switch is going to sell around 140-150M so a big no for PS5.