By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will sell the most ?

Who will sell the most

Nintendo Switch 81 68.64%

PS5 37 31.36%

Total:118

PS5 is gonna sell like hotcakes.

Around the Network

Switch is going to clobber the PS5 by at least a factor of 2:1.  Where do you think all these people who are buying the Switch right now come from?  Switch is stealing sales away from PS5 and Series X.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Switch is going to clobber the PS5 by at least a factor of 2:1.  Where do you think all these people who are buying the Switch right now come from?  Switch is stealing sales away from PS5 and Series X.

Switch, that released in 2017, is stealing sales from consoles that release in 2020 before they release? Huh...

Nintendo is not in direction competition to Sony and MS since the Wii, whatever they do it's on them, only them.

BraLoD said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Switch, that released in 2017, is stealing sales from consoles that release in 2020 before they release? Huh...

Nintendo is not in direction competition to Sony and MS since the Wii, whatever they do it's on them, only them.

All I can say is "time wins more converts than reason".  Nintendo is definitely competing with Sony and Microsoft, but I have a feeling you won't be convinced until you see the sales data for the next year or two.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 20 September 2020

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I'm looking forward to the Switch Pro causing RTX 30 series to utterly tank. Switch Pro going to end the PC master race.

Around the Network

I don’t see PS5 pulling Ps4 numbers. Meanwhile Switch remains a beast and remains unaffected by the Xbox/PS rivalry.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Hiku said:

PS5 hasn't even launched so that would be a pretty random guess at this point. But I wouldn't be surprised if PS5 sold less than PS4.

MasonADC said:

more competition and a higher price, obviously not the be all end all but I really dont think ps5 will sell more than the ps4 

The thing about more competition (from Xbox) seems to generally be based on Series S/X launching/doing better than XBO.

When it comes to being appealing to a new consumer, that makes sense. But to win back an old one that switched to Playstation this gen, that's probably more complicated. Now if you have to chose, it probably comes down to which library you prefer.

Gamepass is also an interesting factor. It's available on Xbox and not PS5. But it's also on PC.

Once we see gameplay of Avowed, Fable, State of Decay 3, Hellblade 2 and Forza, hell even Halo Infinite once it’s been touched up, that’s when the gen will get very interesting. Forza and HB2 aside, Xbox tackling genres that Sony simply isn’t doing anymore. WRPG especially being the big one that if pulled off right can really attract the core gamers to team Xbox. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
BraLoD said:

All I can say is "time wins more converts than reason".  Nintendo is definitely competing with Sony and Microsoft, but I have a feeling you won't be convinced until you see the sales data for the next year or two.

What sales do I need to look for?

PS5 record breaking sales? So you tell me "well, the Switch is selling this much!" and I tell you "see? Nothig to do with its sales..."?

Even Nintendo knows they don't compete with Sony and MS, that's why they do what they do.

At first I read PS5 as PS4 and thought wow what a turnaround from that thread back in January. Still if this was made back then the results would probably be quite different. The Switch will outsell it since it should get past 130 million possibly by a decent amount.

BraLoD said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

What sales do I need to look for?

PS5 record breaking sales? So you tell me "well, the Switch is selling this much!" and I tell you "see? Nothig to do with its sales..."?

Even Nintendo knows they don't compete with Sony and MS, that's why they do what they do.

Look for PS5 + XBox sales to be significantly less than Generation 8.