By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will sell the most ?

Who will sell the most

Nintendo Switch 82 68.91%

PS5 37 31.09%

Total:119
BraLoD said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

All I can say is "time wins more converts than reason".  Nintendo is definitely competing with Sony and Microsoft, but I have a feeling you won't be convinced until you see the sales data for the next year or two.

What sales do I need to look for?

PS5 record breaking sales? So you tell me "well, the Switch is selling this much!" and I tell you "see? Nothig to do with its sales..."?

Even Nintendo knows they don't compete with Sony and MS, that's why they do what they do.

Look for PS5 + XBox sales to be significantly less than Generation 8.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

All I can say is "time wins more converts than reason".  Nintendo is definitely competing with Sony and Microsoft, but I have a feeling you won't be convinced until you see the sales data for the next year or two.

What sales do I need to look for?

PS5 record breaking sales? So you tell me "well, the Switch is selling this much!" and I tell you "see? Nothig to do with its sales..."?

Even Nintendo knows they don't compete with Sony and MS, that's why they do what they do.

What exactly does Nintendo do that says they don't compete?

BraLoD said:
xPhenom08x said:

What exactly does Nintendo do that says they don't compete?

They are never doing the market trends, or focusing the consoles on what third parties want.

PS and XB share most of their libraries and Nintendo doesn't for a reason.

Market trends and what third parties want? Just because a company is unique does not mean they don't compete. Xbox/PS libraries are much more than what triple A third parties offer, Switch has much more  third party support in common with them than you want to give credit for. Im not sure what you even mean by market trends. 

Pyro as Bill said:
COKTOE said:

I appreciate you fleshing out your idea. I think it's terrible. Missing several elements that are in play for all the platform holders beyond the fact that the Switch is a hybrid, as well as the supposition that, PS "can't/won't do it"...But the inclusion of the hypothetical alternate timeline where literally everything that happened, didn't happen, is beyond the pale. GTFO. That could be applied to anything. From some dingus making the wrong call on "Should I eat this shit sandwich?", to "We should let the Soviets have all the German scientists". And this hypothetical is built upon the foundation that PS was already in some type of undeniable decline. As if there's some kind of well established pattern that gives credence to your insane theory. I've seen you make good, coherent posts in political threads. I don't know if you're going through some shit, or you are just that blinded by your bias, but you are better than this.

Just to prove I'm not biased, I'll point out that historically nobody has ever been able to beat Nintendo's dedicated handhelds but from now on they're also 'doomed' in the sense that they'll never be able to outsell the hybrid.

Got it!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BraLoD said:
xPhenom08x said:

Fortnite, Minecraft, Overwatch, Fifa, and many other 3rd party games do appear on all. You're just cherry picking the games that don't appear on Switch. You are way to caught up in what each company could take from another, they are all gaming companies that contribute to the gaming market. If someone buys Animal Crossing, who's to say that person may not be interested in something similar on Playstation? Just because someone buys CoD on playstation does not mean Sony is happy about that person buying Smash on Switch lol. You realize that money could have been spent on the playstation they already own. 

This nonsense of those franchises don't appear on Switch because they don't appeal to the same target is nothing more than you seeing what you want to see instead of facts. Hell, you blatantly lied about Fifa. If what you are saying is true then Switch wouldnt even receive ports. It has some form of Assassin Creed and Fifa because they are all gaming consoles with the main purpose of playing games. Nintendo platforms in the past have had GTA(GBA and DS) and CoD. It probably has more to do with hardware power then target market lol. 

Regardless of what I say you will continue to believe what you believe so I won't push this any further. Your real intentions are to create an excuse for Switch beating Playtation. 

Around the Network
vonny said:
MasonADC said:
No specific numbers but it seems pretty obvious the ps5 declines from the ps4 which the switch has a good chance of outselling. So Switch

Based on?

Based on PS+Xbox always selling somewhere in the ballpark 175M combined. Microsoft doesn't have the fuckups and weaknesses it had when starting this Gen with the XBO, so it should sell more than it did this gen, and as a result the sales of the PS5 should not surpass the ones from the PS4. Since the Switch looks like it has a good shot at outselling the PS4, Switch should then also outsell the PS5 as a result.

In fact, I do expect XS sales to not be far behind the PS5 sales when all is said and done. XSS will be a great entry point into the gen and Gamepass is already binding more and more players to the Xbox/PC ecosystem. At the same time, with the release of former Playstation exclusives on PC, Sony is losing one of the main reasons why someone would buy a Sony console in the first place (and yes, I know and I agree this will only affect a handful of people so far, but still).

So yeah, Switch wins this one.

BraLoD said:
xPhenom08x 

Funny you say those are the highest selling games when Minecraft is THE HIGHEST SELLING GAME and you made no mention of it. Fortnite is also more popular than any of that nonsense you listed. Nintendo targets those that buy games, which is anyone lol. Blind defense... maybe you should point out that playstation game in your profile pic if you want to talk blind defense. No matter which playstation you want to compare, Switch will beat it. All of three of them focus on selling hardware and software, your cherry picking doesn't mean a damn thing.

Nintendo does not have to take customers from them to compete with them. If the market is around 150 million strong and Sony has 100 million. Nintendo brings in 200 million new customers, making the market 350 million strong. Blind defense like yours says Sony is still market leader because they lost nothing while common sense would say Sony has lost that title because its 100 vs 200. That new 200 million is part of the market, Sony failing to sell consoles to them is Sony problem. We don't know exactly how large the dedicated video game market is, what we do know is Nintendo sells the most dedicated consoles. 

Who will sell the most? The answer to that question is simple my friends and we don't need a time machine to figure it out.
The one who will sell the most is:

Spoiler!
whichever one doesn't sell the least.

Depends when Sony releases the PS6 and if the PS5 can reach low price levels. I believe PS5 will sell more than the PS4 so it should easily beat the Switch.