By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Astro's Playroom outsell Wii Sports and become the highest selling console exclusive?

According to Vgchartz Wii Sports has sold 82.65 million, Now since nearly all of these sales were because it was a pack-in title, the same must apply to the ps5 pack-in title Astro's Playground.

So will it outsell Wii Sports?

I say probably it has a 50 / 50 chance.

As the PS5 may bomb or they stop including it later on

Around the Network

Is Astro's Playground even sold separately?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

Well, to be fair, Wii Sports was initially only sold in Japan separately and only late in Wiis life became a separate thing. Problem for Astro's playground is, that it is digitally preinstalled, not a physical media.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well, to be fair, Wii Sports was initially only sold in Japan separately and only late in Wiis life became a separate thing. Problem for Astro's playground is, that it is digitally preinstalled, not a physical media.

If it's not sold separately, then I don't think it can be counted. Otherwise the best selling videogame of all time would be Solitaire or Snake.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This is like counting Snail Maze as part of a SEGA Master System collection.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

If it's digital only and already downloaded, then to me it's more an app than a game.

Yes. It will outsell Face Raiders too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

The difference being Wii Sports was a title that actually drew people to buying a Wii (system seller/killer app). I haven't heard anyone say that Astro's Playroom is the reason they are getting a PS5.

PictoChat greatest selling game of all time confirmed.

Mandalore76 said:
The difference being Wii Sports was a title that actually drew people to buying a Wii (system seller/killer app). I haven't heard anyone say that Astro's Playroom is the reason they are getting a PS5.

Astro's Playroom is the reason I am getting a PS5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.