By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2020 (Sept 07 - Sep 13)

Tagged games:

src said:
PAOerfulone said:

Can you read?

Combined Estimated Physical and Digital Sales: 2,859,784

Oh, but I see now its outdated sales. That's why. I assumed you posted recent sales info so thought it was physical only.

Those digital sales are only counting the first week or so.

Wyrdness said:

Did you not read it?

• Combined Estimated Physical and Digital Sales: 2,859,784

You're going to have to link that comment from the director because as recently as July in Capcom's investor's report they admitted that MHW had not been as popular with the MH audience in Japan as they hoped and it was the reason the main NS was getting an MH project targeted at that group which we know is now not one but two ground up games for it this was in regards to whether a port of MHW was in the works for NS.

https://nintendosoup.com/capcom-has-no-plans-to-bring-monster-hunter-world-to-switch-but-is-working-on-a-new-monster-hunter-targeted-at-students/

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9534685.html

Nice spin. Try posting actual quotes from the interview like this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/capcom-developer-interview-with-ryozo-tsujimoto-february-25th-2020.171823/

Where Monster Hunter World is selling most regionally:

Q: Sales have greatly surpassed 10 million units, but regionally, where is the game selling the most?

A: The game is of course selling well in every region, but it’s doing especially well in North America. We’ve also maintained our sales numbers for Japan, which is a great result for us. We’ve been saying this since development, but we’ve wanted to welcome players coming to Monster Hunter for the first time, while still satisfying our current domestic audience, so we’re relieved that the game is being well received in both markets.

No spin it's in the investor's meeting which was in July and you'll need to actually provide data to back up your claim on your MHW sales because using Famitsu's numbers and Media Create's the most up to date figure I can find is 2.9m as here are Media Create's numbers from Dec 2018 to Dec 2019 meaning up to 2020 the sales is 2.9m way off from your claimed 3.5-4m.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-cy-2019-2018-dec-31-2019-dec-29-new-used.284501/

100./170. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World [1][Best Price] # <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.08.02} (¥4.990) - 45.537 / 69.635 (+89%) (4.889 <15,70%>)

Around the Network

Monster Hunter Rise is coming

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 September 2020

Wyrdness said:
src said:
MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

Considering the series's past, with neither 3DS or SW entries showing this breakout factor, I expect something to the series usual performance: 3.5 - 5 million.

MHW did 2.8m it sold less than the prior entries on 3DS and PSP.

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/02/famitsu-2018-japan-video-game-sales-report

It obviously did more than that now though. That was the sales at EOY 2018. A ~3.5m sale estimate for Japan is pretty conservative considering the legs of games in the series.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

theDX said:
noshten said:

Famitsu 2020 Top 50:

You're missing a couple of games

Nioh 2 (156,772)
MH Iceborne (63,322)
Fitness Boxing (62,949)
Pokemon Let's Go (57,478)
Kirby (48,549)
AC 3DS (40,745)
CoD MW (34,820)
Story of Seasons (28,281)

Oh snap you are right about that :) No idea how I missed Nioh 2, that's definitely one of the major PS4 games this year

Thank you theDX

outlawauron said:
Wyrdness said:

MHW did 2.8m it sold less than the prior entries on 3DS and PSP.

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/02/famitsu-2018-japan-video-game-sales-report

It obviously did more than that now though. That was the sales at EOY 2018. A ~3.5m sale estimate for Japan is pretty conservative considering the legs of games in the series.

Then give us a source showing 3.5m because I've linked both Famitsu's numbers 2018 numbers and Media Creates 2019 sales and the total is 2.9m up to date so far yet you and him are claiming 3.5m with out any source.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 19 September 2020

Around the Network

Monster hunter rise *exists*

Ps5 in japan: *chuckles* im in danger

For people thinking there is any chance for MH Rise not selling at least 5 million in Japan

The only way I see this happening is Capcom rushing a upgraded version of Rise one year after the standard release

Like MH4 and MH4 Ultimate

Rise will be the best selling Monster Hunter game WW and in Japan. The Switch is that powerful.

Going by VGChartz numbers, the best selling MH games in japan are:

Monster Hunter 4: (Including Ultimate) 6.07 million
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: 4.87 million
Monster Hunter X: (Including XX) 4.5 million

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 September 2020

Wyrdness said:
outlawauron said:

Then give us a source showing 3.5m because I've linked both Famitsu's numbers 2018 numbers and Media Creates 2019 sales and the total is 2.9m up to date so far yet you and him are claiming 3.5m with out any source.

There is no official source for MH World numbers in Japan past EOY 2018. It was 2.9m physical + digital according to Capcom.

If you look at Media Create's Top 1000 for 2019, you can add up the various MH World SKUs (and not counting the Iceborne SKU that was sold by itself) to an additional 556,574 physical sales. That doesn't include any digital sales for the entirety of the year. Capcom hasn't provided a regional breakdown since their quarterly results at Q3 of that fiscal year. So we'll never know the precise digital sales to get a full picture (Despite it being a consistent top seller on JP PSN). If you look at the data we have, 3.5m would be a very conservative estimate.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.