By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2020 (Sept 07 - Sep 13)

Tagged games:

OTBWY said:
Monster Hunter Rise will keep a tremendous momentum going next year. It was exactly the type of game needed early next year.

Spill over effect from 2020 in Jan 

SM3DW+BF (a new game apparently) in Feb

MH in March

2020: 1.7mil sales

2021: going for 2mil

Around the Network

MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

Considering the series's past, with neither 3DS or SW entries showing this breakout factor, I expect something to the series usual performance: 3.5 - 5 million.

src said:
MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

Considering the series's past, with neither 3DS or SW entries showing this breakout factor, I expect something to the series usual performance: 3.5 - 5 million.

MHW did 2.8m it sold less than the prior entries on 3DS and PSP.

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/02/famitsu-2018-japan-video-game-sales-report

Big games have seen big increases over their predecessors on switch, MH Rise will follow the same pattern assuming its a good game

Pyro as Bill said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

For the past several weeks Switch sales have been slightly less than RFA + AC sales.  This week Switch sales are actually more than RFA + AC sales.  There are actually some people in Japan buying a Switch and not getting RFA or AC immediately.  Who are these people?

Switch sales = 83,920
RFA + AC = 43,459 + 31,558 = 75,017

I don't see how RFA has any effect on Switch Lite sales.

I didn't use the word "Lite" anywhere in my post.  Could you clarify your point?  I don't think you've negated anything I said.

Around the Network
src said:
MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

What SW entries? A port of an expansion?

Various franchises’ best selling entries before and after Switch.

Zelda: 1.65m (Zelda 1; NES) -> 2m+ (BOTW)

3D Mario: 2.15m (3D Land; 3DS) -> 2.46m+ (Odyssey)

Smash Bros: 2.6m (Brawl; Wii) -> 4.64m+ (Ultimate)

Animal Crossing: 5.5m (New Lead; 3DS) -> 7.2m+, best selling game of all time in Japan (New Horizons)

Barring any bad outliers (Bad PR, Abysmal reviews, etc.) I fail to see how the same won’t be true for Monster Hunter.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I didn't use the word "Lite" anywhere in my post.  Could you clarify your point?  I don't think you've negated anything I said.

You asked "who are this people?" and I think he was trying to answer with, People who buy switch lite.

PAOerfulone said:
src said:
MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

What SW entries? A port of an expansion?

Various franchises’ best selling entries before and after Switch.

Zelda: 1.65m (Zelda 1; NES) -> 2m+ (BOTW)

3D Mario: 2.15m (3D Land; 3DS) -> 2.46m+ (Odyssey)

Smash Bros: 2.6m (Brawl; Wii) -> 4.64m+ (Ultimate)

Animal Crossing: 5.5m (New Lead; 3DS) -> 7.2m+, best selling game of all time in Japan (New Horizons)

Barring any bad outliers (Bad PR, Abysmal reviews, etc.) I fail to see how the same won’t be true for Monster Hunter.

A good MH game - 3.9-6.5M (japan) - 3.5-7M( Rest of the world) - Total 7.4-13.5M 

A okish MG game - 2,5-4M (Japan) - 2-3,5M ( Resto of the world) - Total 4.5-7.5M 

A bad MH game - 2.0-2,5 ( Japan) - 1,5-2,5( Rest of the world) - Total 3.5-5.0M

MH Stories 2 - 2,2-4,5M

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Pyro as Bill said:

There's obviously a link between RFA/AC sales and Switch sales but the effect of RFA on Lite is non-existant/negligible so you might want to take that into account as the Lite:Original ratio changes.

AC effects Lite + Original sales.

RFA only effects the hybrid.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

There's obviously a link between RFA/AC sales and Switch sales but the effect of RFA on Lite is non-existant/negligible so you might want to take that into account as the Lite:Original ratio changes.

AC effects Lite + Original sales.

RFA only effects the hybrid.

This is true, but it's only an issue if base model sales are significantly lower than RFA sales.  This week we can see that base model sales are greater than RFA sales, so there is no issue.  Everyone who bought a copy of RFA could also buy a base model.

Base model (53,462) > RFA (43,459)