By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2020 (Sept 07 - Sep 13)

Tagged games:

Pyro as Bill said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

For the past several weeks Switch sales have been slightly less than RFA + AC sales.  This week Switch sales are actually more than RFA + AC sales.  There are actually some people in Japan buying a Switch and not getting RFA or AC immediately.  Who are these people?

Switch sales = 83,920
RFA + AC = 43,459 + 31,558 = 75,017

I don't see how RFA has any effect on Switch Lite sales.

I didn't use the word "Lite" anywhere in my post.  Could you clarify your point?  I don't think you've negated anything I said.

Around the Network
src said:
MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

Considering the series's past, with neither 3DS or SW entries showing this breakout factor, I expect something to the series usual performance: 3.5 - 5 million.

What SW entries? A port of an expansion?

Various franchises’ best selling entries before and after Switch.

Zelda: 1.65m (Zelda 1; NES) -> 2m+ (BOTW)

3D Mario: 2.15m (3D Land; 3DS) -> 2.46m+ (Odyssey)

Smash Bros: 2.6m (Brawl; Wii) -> 4.64m+ (Ultimate)

Animal Crossing: 5.5m (New Lead; 3DS) -> 7.2m+, best selling game of all time in Japan (New Horizons)

Barring any bad outliers (Bad PR, Abysmal reviews, etc.) I fail to see how the same won’t be true for Monster Hunter.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I didn't use the word "Lite" anywhere in my post.  Could you clarify your point?  I don't think you've negated anything I said.

You asked "who are this people?" and I think he was trying to answer with, People who buy switch lite.

PAOerfulone said:
src said:
MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

Considering the series's past, with neither 3DS or SW entries showing this breakout factor, I expect something to the series usual performance: 3.5 - 5 million.

What SW entries? A port of an expansion?

Various franchises’ best selling entries before and after Switch.

Zelda: 1.65m (Zelda 1; NES) -> 2m+ (BOTW)

3D Mario: 2.15m (3D Land; 3DS) -> 2.46m+ (Odyssey)

Smash Bros: 2.6m (Brawl; Wii) -> 4.64m+ (Ultimate)

Animal Crossing: 5.5m (New Lead; 3DS) -> 7.2m+, best selling game of all time in Japan (New Horizons)

Barring any bad outliers (Bad PR, Abysmal reviews, etc.) I fail to see how the same won’t be true for Monster Hunter.

A good MH game - 3.9-6.5M (japan) - 3.5-7M( Rest of the world) - Total 7.4-13.5M 

A okish MG game - 2,5-4M (Japan) - 2-3,5M ( Resto of the world) - Total 4.5-7.5M 

A bad MH game - 2.0-2,5 ( Japan) - 1,5-2,5( Rest of the world) - Total 3.5-5.0M

MH Stories 2 - 2,2-4,5M

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Pyro as Bill said:

There's obviously a link between RFA/AC sales and Switch sales but the effect of RFA on Lite is non-existant/negligible so you might want to take that into account as the Lite:Original ratio changes.

AC effects Lite + Original sales.

RFA only effects the hybrid.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

There's obviously a link between RFA/AC sales and Switch sales but the effect of RFA on Lite is non-existant/negligible so you might want to take that into account as the Lite:Original ratio changes.

AC effects Lite + Original sales.

RFA only effects the hybrid.

This is true, but it's only an issue if base model sales are significantly lower than RFA sales.  This week we can see that base model sales are greater than RFA sales, so there is no issue.  Everyone who bought a copy of RFA could also buy a base model.

Base model (53,462) > RFA (43,459)

Marth said:

I am holding a prediction event for the next gen launch. Feel free to enter for bragging rights

Info: First week is the Week of 2020.11.9 to 2020.11.15 for both consoles.
So PS5 first 4 days. XSXS first 6 days.
First month from launch until 2020.12.6 because the 30th of November is in that week.

Deadline to enter is October 31st

Template:
[Prediction Event PS5 (XSXS) Launch]

[First Week:]
PS5: xxx.xxx
PS5 DE: xxx.xxx

PS5 Total: xxx.xxx

XSX: xxx.xxx
XSS: xxx.xxx

XSXS Total: xxx.xxx

[First Month:]
PS5: xxx.xxx
PS5 DE: xxx.xxx

PS5 Total: xxx.xxx

XSX: xxx.xxx
XSS: xxx.xxx

XSXS Total: xxx.xxx

I'd say this warrants it's own thread.

I gave my estimation last week already, so I won't do it again this week.

Wyrdness said:
src said:
MHW did 3.5 -4 million.

MHW did 2.8m it sold less than the prior entries on 3DS and PSP.

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/02/famitsu-2018-japan-video-game-sales-report

Physical only. MHW digital was already near 700k in its first few weeks. The director later also said MHW was able to retain the JP audience from previous games, so I'm assuming its closer to 4 million than 3.5.

src said:

Physical only. MHW digital was already near 700k in its first few weeks. The director later also said MHW was able to retain the JP audience from previous games, so I'm assuming its closer to 4 million than 3.5.

Can you read?

Combined Estimated Physical and Digital Sales: 2,859,784

src said:
Wyrdness said:

MHW did 2.8m it sold less than the prior entries on 3DS and PSP.

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/02/famitsu-2018-japan-video-game-sales-report

Did you not read it?

• Combined Estimated Physical and Digital Sales: 2,859,784

You're going to have to link that comment from the director because as recently as July in Capcom's investor's report they admitted that MHW had not been as popular with the MH audience in Japan as they hoped and it was the reason the main NS was getting an MH project targeted at that group which we know is now not one but two ground up games for it this was in regards to whether a port of MHW was in the works for NS.

https://nintendosoup.com/capcom-has-no-plans-to-bring-monster-hunter-world-to-switch-but-is-working-on-a-new-monster-hunter-targeted-at-students/

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9534685.html

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 17 September 2020