By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2020 (Sept 07 - Sep 13)

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:
BlackBeauty said:
Rise will be the best selling Monster Hunter game WW and in Japan. The Switch is that powerful.

In Japan, most likely yes.

Worldwide, no.

3 platforms for World versus just 1 for Rise gives the former a big advantage.

That said, Rise's worldwide sales will still be huge.

Depends on how much Capcom AND Nintendo promote it. If they promote and market it at Round the same level as Nintendo does with their other A-S tier titles, the evergreens as we call them, than it very well could become the best selling Monster Hunter game.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
curl-6 said:

In Japan, most likely yes.

Worldwide, no.

3 platforms for World versus just 1 for Rise gives the former a big advantage.

That said, Rise's worldwide sales will still be huge.

Depends on how much Capcom AND Nintendo promote it. If they promote and market it at Round the same level as Nintendo does with their other A-S tier titles, the evergreens as we call them, than it very well could become the best selling Monster Hunter game.

I can definitely see Rise topping 10 million globally, but World has sold 16 million across PS4, Xbone, and PC. I just can't see Rise topping that on a single platform.

MasonADC said:
BlackBeauty said:
Rise will be the best selling Monster Hunter game WW and in Japan. The Switch is that powerful.

Ok it might be the best selling game in japan and it might be the best selling sku, but there’s no way it beats all combined skus of world 

Ok you said Animal Crossing won’t outsell Sword and Shield.

MasonADC said: 
While animal crossing will have nice growth in the west, it will not surpass Pokémon. Doesn’t matter when the next PKMN title is release

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/239493/what-will-sell-more-animal-crossing-switch-or-pokemon-swordshield/1/

I’m going to stick to what I’ve said. Multiply 3X to any major 3ds games coming to switch. Monster Hunter a 4 million seller? multiply that 3X. It will have an even bigger growth in the west just like AC.

Bookmark it. Save it.

Last edited by BlackBeauty - on 21 September 2020

BlackBeauty said:
MasonADC said:

Ok it might be the best selling game in japan and it might be the best selling sku, but there’s no way it beats all combined skus of world 

Ok you said Animal Crossing won’t outsell Sword and Shield.

MasonADC said: 
While animal crossing will have nice growth in the west, it will not surpass Pokémon. Doesn’t matter when the next PKMN title is release

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/239493/what-will-sell-more-animal-crossing-switch-or-pokemon-swordshield/1/

I’m going to stick to what I’ve said. Multiply 3X to any major 3ds games coming to switch. Monster Hunter a 4 million seller? multiply that 3X. It will have an even bigger growth in the west just like AC.

Bookmark it. Save it.

That was out of spite not rational thinking 

BlackBeauty said:

Bookmark it. Save it.

Careful with these kind of proclamations, they can easily come back to bite you.

As for the x3 claim, that hasn't been a consistent pattern so far.

Don't get me wrong, Rise is going to sell like crack in Japan, but tripling MH4's sales gives us 18 million and there is no way in hell Rise will sell that much, that's practically impossible for any game outside of free phone games.

Around the Network

MHW will have a LTD of 18 million or MHW + Iceborne will be 25 million. Rise will be lucky to even get half of that.

Wyrdness said:

src said:

You are not making any sense.

Yes they are outdated figures as they do not include up to date digital sales. I'll take what the MH producer says over outdated figures.

These are figures up to 2020

For the nth time, not digital. It seems you can't accept reality.

src said:

MHW will have a LTD of 18 million or MHW + Iceborne will be 25 million. Rise will be lucky to even get half of that.

Wyrdness said:

These are figures up to 2020

For the nth time, not digital. It seems you can't accept reality.

It's not me not accepting reality I have a source two in fact that are giving objective information you however much like your cliff theory don't.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 23 September 2020

I mean if we are talking total sales for MHW we gotta look at used sales as well since that's one reason digital isn't gaining substantial momentum in Japan.

Media Create Sales

Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Master Edition - 443.388
Monster Hunter: World - 2.031.129

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 1.583.519
Monster Hunter Generations - 2.796.303

Media Create Sales Used

Monster Hunter: World - 450.365

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 273.949
Monster Hunter Generations - 657.961

Just as a comparison some more data from Media-Create 2019 CY Used Sales:

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) - 454.757

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (3DS) - 307.177