By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2020 (Sept 07 - Sep 13)

Tagged games:

outlawauron said:
Wyrdness said:

Then give us a source showing 3.5m because I've linked both Famitsu's numbers 2018 numbers and Media Creates 2019 sales and the total is 2.9m up to date so far yet you and him are claiming 3.5m with out any source.

There is no official source for MH World numbers in Japan past EOY 2018. It was 2.9m physical + digital according to Capcom.

If you look at Media Create's Top 1000 for 2019, you can add up the various MH World SKUs (and not counting the Iceborne SKU that was sold by itself) to an additional 556,574 physical sales. That doesn't include any digital sales for the entirety of the year. Capcom hasn't provided a regional breakdown since their quarterly results at Q3 of that fiscal year. So we'll never know the precise digital sales to get a full picture (Despite it being a consistent top seller on JP PSN). If you look at the data we have, 3.5m would be a very conservative estimate.

Nope, 3.5M isn't conservative estimate. 

Unless you could provide a real sales data like shipment by Capcom then the imaginary 3.5M number is nothing more than a fake news. 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

There is no official source for MH World numbers in Japan past EOY 2018. It was 2.9m physical + digital according to Capcom.

If you look at Media Create's Top 1000 for 2019, you can add up the various MH World SKUs (and not counting the Iceborne SKU that was sold by itself) to an additional 556,574 physical sales. That doesn't include any digital sales for the entirety of the year. Capcom hasn't provided a regional breakdown since their quarterly results at Q3 of that fiscal year. So we'll never know the precise digital sales to get a full picture (Despite it being a consistent top seller on JP PSN). If you look at the data we have, 3.5m would be a very conservative estimate.

I went back to the MC source and looked up all the MHW listings in the top 1000 on it and to even double I used the search feature on the browser it still doesn't come to 3.5m as the total comes to 111k sold in the year of 2019 which when added to Famitsu's numbers still comes to 2.97m..

When I add Iceborne SKU that actually was sold with MHW the total for MHW including the 111k comes to 554k which when added to 2.8m is 3.3m total your conservative estimate is still above what the given numbers by 200k, 700k if we go by the 4m claim so we'll need a source as Famitsu's numbers include digital, Iceborne in digital is unlikely going to push MHW digital by much as it would mainly be bought by people who already owned MHW. If anything that estimate is showing itself to be not so conservative and realistically how much are top sellers on PSN really selling in the region for all we know that may amount to an extra 10k a year.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 20 September 2020

Wyrdness said:
src said:

Oh, but I see now its outdated sales. That's why. I assumed you posted recent sales info so thought it was physical only.

Those digital sales are only counting the first week or so.

Nice spin. Try posting actual quotes from the interview like this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/capcom-developer-interview-with-ryozo-tsujimoto-february-25th-2020.171823/

Where Monster Hunter World is selling most regionally:

Q: Sales have greatly surpassed 10 million units, but regionally, where is the game selling the most?

A: The game is of course selling well in every region, but it’s doing especially well in North America. We’ve also maintained our sales numbers for Japan, which is a great result for us. We’ve been saying this since development, but we’ve wanted to welcome players coming to Monster Hunter for the first time, while still satisfying our current domestic audience, so we’re relieved that the game is being well received in both markets.

No spin it's in the investor's meeting which was in July and you'll need to actually provide data to back up your claim on your MHW sales because using Famitsu's numbers and Media Create's the most up to date figure I can find is 2.9m as here are Media Create's numbers from Dec 2018 to Dec 2019 meaning up to 2020 the sales is 2.9m way off from your claimed 3.5-4m.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-cy-2019-2018-dec-31-2019-dec-29-new-used.284501/

100./170. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World [1][Best Price] # (Capcom) {2018.08.02} (¥4.990) - 45.537 / 69.635 (+89%) (4.889 <15,70%>)

Yes spin. Again please show the actual quotes instead of your own biased interpretation.

Its been said numerous times: those are outdated figures. There has been no update on digital sales since the initial 700k it got in its first week or so.

TheBraveGallade said:
Monster hunter rise *exists*

Ps5 in japan: *chuckles* im in danger

Nope. PS5 will get MHW2.

BlackBeauty said:
Rise will be the best selling Monster Hunter game WW and in Japan. The Switch is that powerful.

Nope thats MHW and it won't even be close.

src said:
Wyrdness said:

No spin it's in the investor's meeting which was in July and you'll need to actually provide data to back up your claim on your MHW sales because using Famitsu's numbers and Media Create's the most up to date figure I can find is 2.9m as here are Media Create's numbers from Dec 2018 to Dec 2019 meaning up to 2020 the sales is 2.9m way off from your claimed 3.5-4m.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-cy-2019-2018-dec-31-2019-dec-29-new-used.284501/

100./170. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World [1][Best Price] # (Capcom) {2018.08.02} (¥4.990) - 45.537 / 69.635 (+89%) (4.889 <15,70%>)

Yes spin. Again please show the actual quotes instead of your own biased interpretation.

Its been said numerous times: those are outdated figures. There has been no update on digital sales since the initial 700k it got in its first week or so.

TheBraveGallade said:

Nope. PS5 will get MHW2.

BlackBeauty said:
Rise will be the best selling Monster Hunter game WW and in Japan. The Switch is that powerful.

They're not outdated they're the most up to date from the sources we can gather if you have a source link it now otherwise your 4m claim is simply false, you parroting 700k digital in the first week doesn't mean anything because those easily fit in the 2.8m sold reported by Famistu digital may have dropped off heavily after the first week it may have sold 800k digital in 2018 for all we know so no you need to provide a source or it's untrue because the numbers so far don't even hit 3.5m.

Retail first week was 1.3m with 700k digital meaning 2m first week, so a further 800k total sales in the year easily accounts for retail and digital of 2018 and in 2019 with Iceborne's SKU bundle that's only 554k more so right now your 4m claim so far has no ground and is just you and one other person insisting it.

You are not making any sense.

Yes they are outdated figures as they do not include up to date digital sales. I'll take what the MH producer says over outdated figures.

Around the Network
src said:

Yes they are outdated figures as they do not include up to date digital sales. I'll take what the MH producer says over outdated figures.

These are figures up to 2020 you've still not provided any source so I'll ask you again please link any or all your source because for all we know the updated digital figures may only be 40k or so difference from the linked figures calculated here so you have to back the 4m claim you made with a concrete source. The producer saying what ever with out giving any figure that show 4m may have been sold is not concrete proof for your argument.

BlackBeauty said:

Ok it might be the best selling game in japan and it might be the best selling sku, but there’s no way it beats all combined skus of world 

src said:
Wyrdness said:

TheBraveGallade said:

Nope. PS5 will get MHW2.

BlackBeauty said:

MHW2 won't save PS5 from being in danger in Japan. If anything people won't see the need to buy a PS5 for MH now that they know Switch will be getting mainline ones as well as spin offs.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Wyrdness said:
src said:

These are figures up to 2020 you've still not provided any source so I'll ask you again please link any or all your source because for all we know the updated digital figures may only be 40k or so difference from the linked figures calculated here so you have to back the 4m claim you made with a concrete source. The producer saying what ever with out giving any figure that show 4m may have been sold is not concrete proof for your argument.

Just ignored him, it's pointless to argue with someone that predict Nintendo Switch sales will fall off the cliff in 2018. He likes to use imaginary number so let him be that way, because facts > fake news. 

BlackBeauty said:

In Japan, most likely yes.

Worldwide, no.

3 platforms for World versus just 1 for Rise gives the former a big advantage.

That said, Rise's worldwide sales will still be huge.