By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4's Lifespan Will Be 3-4 More Years

jason1637 said:
Wonder if the new GOW will come to the PS4 then.

If I were betting on it, I would bet no. Certainly possible though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
jason1637 said:
Wonder if the new GOW will come to the PS4 then.

I hope not. I want that game to be build solely for the PS5. 

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

smroadkill15 said:
Blood_Tears said:

PS4 lifespan as it relates to Sony's 10+ year support plan has nothing to do with MS wanting all their 1st party titles on X1 for 1 to 2 years. Apples to Oranges and completely off topic. 

Is it though? You can say for a fact Sony won't announce any more games for the ps4 considering they were more than happy to hide the fact Horizon and others will be on Ps4? 

I mean, they clarified two launch titles and a 2021 title will have PS4 versions in one blog post, I don't see why they wouldn't announce PS4 versions of Ratchet, DeS, GT7 or GoW if they were in the works. 

sales2099 said:
See people having sensible and logical reactions to this news. All consoles have transition periods.

Not looking for a fight, but seeing the neutral reactions is a little irritating considering how much flack Xbox got for saying they would support Xbox One for 1-2 years.

Sony definitely got a lot of push back from the hardcore audience with the HFW announcement. Casual gamers don't really care if something like Miles Morales hits the PS4. 

sales2099 said:
See people having sensible and logical reactions to this news. All consoles have transition periods.

Not looking for a fight, but seeing the neutral reactions is a little irritating considering how much flack Xbox got for saying they would support Xbox One for 1-2 years.

To be fair Sony hasn't exactly clarified what that means. I remember seeing JRPGs that most people don't know about releasing on PS4 and PS3 early in the gen. Is that the kind of support they mean? Do they mean updates? It's confusing because clearly not all their games are going to PS4 so it's not the same thing that MS is doing where every single first party title will be on xbox one.

Around the Network
Rafie said:
COKTOE said:

I think Sony would have announced a PS4 version of GoW, if it were happening, in the blog post where they announced cross generation versions of Miles & Horizon. 

sales2099 said:

Lol, guys we don't need to revise history

“over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,” Booty said.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/10/21060771/microsoft-xbox-series-x-exclusive-games-launch-backwards-compatibility

Sony announced 2 cross gen games out of their 4 launch titles and ONE cross gen game for 2021. The only place your iritation should be directed at, is Booty ;)

PotentHerbs said:
Rafie said:

I think Sony would have announced a PS4 version of GoW, if it were happening, in the blog post where they announced cross generation versions of Miles & Horizon. 

Or maybe they don't wanna say anything about the GoW sequel yet except for the fact that it exists. I'm banking on it not being on PS4 as well though. Horizon really upset me for some reason. I don't know why because I'm normally pretty chill overall. I didn't care that Sackboy and Miles weren't PS5 exclusive. They (like others have said here) already looked like PS4 games to begin with. It's all good. I ain't complaining...anymore. :-p

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

It's funny, people were ripping Xbox apart for crossgen.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
It's funny, people were ripping Xbox apart for crossgen.

I actually applaud MS for that, as I do now Sony for their decision to bring some of the PS5-titles to PS4. Games need to meet the gamers where they are, not the other way around.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]