Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4's Lifespan Will Be 3-4 More Years

smroadkill15 said:
It really makes MS 1-2 years not seem so bad now, does it?

Nah I still don't like it. Didn't like it when MS said it and I don't like that Sony is doing it either. At the very least we get Demon Souls exclusive to PS5. I do get it though it's 110 mil users. Not releasing some of your top titles to that many consumers is a high price to pay.

Around the Network

See people having sensible and logical reactions to this news. All consoles have transition periods.

Not looking for a fight, but seeing the neutral reactions is a little irritating considering how much flack Xbox got for saying they would support Xbox One for 1-2 years.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It doesn’t really mean anything, take 3DS for example, it just now ended production 3.5 years after Switch released.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Wonder if the new GOW will come to the PS4 then.

Otter said:
smroadkill15 said:
It really makes MS 1-2 years not seem so bad now, does it?

This has nothing to do with Sonys first party output. Fifa will continue shipping on PS4 until 2025 most likely 

Then why would they have to come out and say anything? I feel like everyone knows ps4 will be supported for years to come with 3rd party games, updates, etc. just like every console before it. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
It doesn’t really mean anything, take 3DS for example, it just now ended production 3.5 years after Switch released.

I was just thinking that.  The last switch/3ds (that I can recall) was Fire Emblem Warriors in 2017. Late 2017.

I think the last 3ds game was actually persona Q2 April of last year.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
sales2099 said:
See people having sensible and logical reactions to this news. All consoles have transition periods.

Not looking for a fight, but seeing the neutral reactions is a little irritating considering how much flack Xbox got for saying they would support Xbox One for 1-2 years.

Newsflash: People on this site hate Xbox.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

jason1637 said:

If I were betting on it, I would bet no. Certainly possible though.

Chinese food for breakfast

COKTOE said:
jason1637 said:

If I were betting on it, I would bet no. Certainly possible though.

I hope not. I want that game to be build solely for the PS5. 

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

smroadkill15 said:
Blood_Tears said:

PS4 lifespan as it relates to Sony's 10+ year support plan has nothing to do with MS wanting all their 1st party titles on X1 for 1 to 2 years. Apples to Oranges and completely off topic. 

Is it though? You can say for a fact Sony won't announce any more games for the ps4 considering they were more than happy to hide the fact Horizon and others will be on Ps4? 

I mean, they clarified two launch titles and a 2021 title will have PS4 versions in one blog post, I don't see why they wouldn't announce PS4 versions of Ratchet, DeS, GT7 or GoW if they were in the works.