By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4's Lifespan Will Be 3-4 More Years

Still trying to push the same bullshit? You acknowledged that PS2 already had it, PS1 had as well in case you don`t know. Playstation console having 3 to 4 year support after replacement is quite expected. Sport games and some lower spec games will keep showing on the console for many years. Wii received Just Dance until last couple year if I`m not wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
Otter said:

This has nothing to do with Sonys first party output. Fifa will continue shipping on PS4 until 2025 most likely 

Then why would they have to come out and say anything? I feel like everyone knows ps4 will be supported for years to come with 3rd party games, updates, etc. just like every console before it. 

Because they have done it for the other consoles as well. PS3 10 year plan for example. They comment on their willingness to keep supporting the system. MS didn`t need to comment they were stopping production of X1SAD and X1X, but they did anyway, even though it was quite expected that they would only keep producing X1S for obvious reason.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bandorr said:
flashfire926 said:
It's funny, people were ripping Xbox apart for crossgen.

Mainly because their PR is god awful. They have said NOTHING about their first party. The only game with gameplay got delayed to some time.. unknown.

They could counter the message of "all first party will be cross gen" by talking about their first party.

At least they admitted to it before hand, rather than trying to mislead everyone for months.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

ps4 is the new ps2 would interesting, i can see sales at the end of 12th year around 130 mil which makes it the 2nd most popular home console ever, that's 2025, which would be close to end of life for ps4

Mnementh said:
Bandorr said:

True, although again pointing to poor PR. "We have no plans to further expand our exclusive first party games to other consoles". They said that after Ori 1 game out.

So was this unplanned? Did they lie? What changed it to go from unplanned to planned?

Well, at the time as they said this, porting Ori2 was probably already ongoing. At that point they had no plans to further expand their first party games to other consoles. He only left out, that not all current ongoing plans were revealed already.

"We have no plans to invade Czechoslovakia*." "* other than our current plans to invade Czechoslovakia."

Maybe it's simpler if they just say "Nintendo doesn't really count."

Around the Network

ps4 support and ps4 level graphics might stay even longer then the ps2 did, if most of japanese development shifts gears to target switch (which is a no brainer for companies who have over 40% of thier sales in japan) which will probably start rolling out around next year.
becasue lets face it, the ps5 would be lucky to sell significantly more then the vita, sitting at just under 6 mil. ps4 is currently at just over 9 mil, probably ending around a milion under the ps3. and thats with basiclly a monopoly on the home console space from around 2014-2017...