By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - September Partner Showcase Direct announced

Not into MH in general but I did want to play Stories on 3DS but never got around to getting it. So I look forward to the sequel on Switch. I was hoping for a port but this is better. As in not another MH game on Switch using 3DS assets.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'm thinking this is easily the best direct this year lol my goodness that was a lot of announcements, including multiple shadow drops!

Solid partner showcase. Hopefully the fandom is more receptive this time around, even considering the expectations that direct (mini or not) carries.

First of all, about damn time Capcom. Finally, outside of Mega Man 11, we got some original games coming to the Switch. Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 look really good. The amiibo craze may have died out, but the MH amiibo should do pretty well with hardcore fans. Now if Capcom can somehow get the rumored Street FIghter 6 onto Switch (or the rumored upgraded version)..then I would be a happy camper. If not, then its not the end of the world.

Disgaea 6 being exclusive to Switch is a surprise, considering its roots with the PlayStation. Still cool announcement. Interesting that they decided to go 3D with this installment.

Rune Factory 5 looks nice. Should be a good niche title for the fans. Haven't played Rune Factory, but I heard its a good series. May try Rune Factory 4 Special before 5 comes out.

Ori coming out today is a nice surprise as well. Looking forward to trying it out.

Overall, really nice to see some solid third party support coming out since the last year or so,. Good variety of games.

awesome direct I highly recommend the Ori games played both on Xbox one and absolutely love both games

Well, I’ll be damned!
The rumor was true!
The Switch FINALLY has a mainline Monster Hunter!

Capcom finally got off their asses!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Let’s throw another name into the mix:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

I don't mind being wrong once in a while, especially in this case where the amount of whining regarding Switch's upcoming game lineup gets further decimated.

Regardless, it will never hurt if people don't go into Directs with the expectation of megaton announcements.

So what's that about a physical version of Ori? Will there be double pack release of both games?

There will be, at least as part of a collector's edition. But that price tag...

This was the best one yet by a big margin, seems after the negative reception to the first two they made this one much better. This combined with the Mario and Zelda announcements would've made for a solid general September direct so after a period of silence the past couple weeks have been really nice.

Man this was way better than the Playstation Direct from yesterday.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 September 2020

Norion said:
This was the best one yet by a big margin, seems after the negative reception to the first two they made this one much better. This combined with the Mario and Zelda announcements would've made for a solid general September direct so after a period of silence the past couple weeks have been really nice.

I'm sure it was an original direct schedule by late August everyone was talking about. It would be this mini, the last mini, Pikimin, Hyrule Warrior and Mario Direct plus maybe a few other release they are save for December 

Why Nintendo decided to split them? No idea, but I really do enjoy those weekly mini drops

Everytime we have one of these I keep expecting them to say "we have one more partner showcase this year." But they keep saying, "we will have more partner showcases this year." So there are still AT LEAST two more minis before 12/31/20, and that isn't even including general directs or a game specific direct.

Nintendo is showering us with information lol.