Pedophilia possession is as illegal as crack, if not worst because the American hypocrite society has deemed it so. Never mind the other horrible things people don't pay attention to here, like lead, plastic, and other pollutants in American water quality and how it affects developing minds. To me, that is a more horrible crime than a stupid movie with controversial plot points. They wont give shit about their water, but they want Netflix to suffer for streaming a foreign movie that comes from a different culture.
Hypocrisy. That is what it is folks. They only care about their own agenda, and use the health of kids as a tool get what they want, but if it the health of the population, including poor kids is stopping the way of profits, then they don't give a rats ass.
What a strange take. I don't know what news source you've been watching, but drinking water problems are nowhere near as widespread as you seem to think. Over 90% of US communities have safe public water. Lead contamination is the biggest issue for sure in the remaining less than 10%, but it is one that has improved dramatically over the last few decades, in 1993 it was estimated that 40m Americans were using public water with harmful levels of lead, that number has decreased alot since then with many cities and towns taking Federal and State assistance to help pay for pipe replacements in older homes that were built before newer pipe types became the standard. Many other communities have begun adding safe anti-corrosive additives to their public water, which help to prevent existing lead pipes for releasing harmful amounts of lead, which is much more cost effective than full pipe replacement initiatives.
I disagree with you about the water quality, but I do agree that it depends on what media your are watching. If you're accepting what the corporate media, and regulatory agencies, that don't want to be sued/liable, are saying; then yes, everything is okay. I prefer to believe the working class sounding the alarm.
I don't see why Erin Brockavich would destroy her reputation on a lie; I also like to hear how people tell their stories like this lady here. You can't make up lies with so many intricate details on what is happening to her and her family. But you also can't convince people about a problem, if they are not personally affected by it. Just look at climate change.
Part 1: https://youtu.be/EVhziVzhCvM
Part 2: https://youtu.be/Y1OuYKaXvcQ
This is water were talking about, everyone is going to be affected by it; if you wish to ignore it, lets see how much you're going to like that medical tax down the road.