By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

JRPGfan said:
Nintendos biggest strength is 2D mario games..... so this doesnt surprise me.
It makes you wonder why they havn't done so long before.

corrected

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Just goes to show practices that are criticized to death on other companies are fully embraced when Nintendo does it.

Dont make such a general blanket statement

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

BraLoD said:
Isn't it limited, tho?

That didn't stop Nintendo's products from selling gangbusters before. The Wii, amiibos...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DonFerrari said:
Just goes to show practices that are criticized to death on other companies are fully embraced when Nintendo does it.

It's really more that forum members/hardcore enthusiasts criticize certain business practices and the majority of consumers don't give a shit and buy things they like/want -- manufacturer or publisher notwithstanding.

DonFerrari said:

Who would thought that the crappy company (Activision) ended doing better compilations. 

Around the Network

Mario + Nostalgia + Hot Selling System.
I’d expect no less.
If they produce enough stock to satisfy at least HALf of the demand we all know this will generate... LOOK OUT!

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

Was remasters criticized to death in VGC by Nintendo fanbase the start of this gen? It was.

Is this collection already showing record breaking numbers? Yes.

Is the thread about the collection and asking if people will buy it showing majority is willing to pay for this? Yes.

Is this collection with lower effort and higher price than basically all others in the generation? Yes it is.

So what part of the statement is wrong? Unless you are not ok with being generalizing, because yes it is obvious that not every single Nintendo fan is ok with the collection being made and much less the low effort.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DonFerrari said:

It's really more that forum members/hardcore enthusiasts criticize certain business practices and the majority of consumers don't give a shit and buy things they like/want -- manufacturer or publisher notwithstanding.

I do know it, but still did you look at the other thread in the forum and that majority (I think like 2/3) will buy it?

kazuyamishima said:
DonFerrari said:

Who would thought that the crappy company (Activision) ended doing better compilations. 

That is crazy right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

Was remasters criticized to death in VGC by Nintendo fanbase the start of this gen? It was.

Is this collection already showing record breaking numbers? Yes.

Is the thread about the collection and asking if people will buy it showing majority is willing to pay for this? Yes.

Is this collection with lower effort and higher price than basically all others in the generation? Yes it is.

So what part of the statement is wrong? Unless you are not ok with being generalizing, because yes it is obvious that not every single Nintendo fan is ok with the collection being made and much less the low effort.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I do know it, but still did you look at the other thread in the forum and that majority (I think like 2/3) will buy it?

kazuyamishima said:

That is crazy right?

All though a remaster, the general public don't hate remasters. Also don't forget most people don't write positive things, they write negative things so there is always a vocal minority, Look at most election around the world. The majority voter stays silent and Polls mean nothing.

I also bet the main reason for these sales is Mario Sunshine. Gamecube sales were not great and a lot of people just did not buy the game either as it was a radical change to the N64 mario and people kind of went WTF did Nintendo do. Since then the game has grown on people and the userbase has also grown on Nintendo systems, so if they want to play Sinshine it is now an expensive game on Gamecube. This is the cheapest way to play it so it will sell well.

Even I pre-ordered it through Amazon. It's a limited release. Don't want to risk missing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Wish it included some more games!