By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

Signalstar said:
Even I pre-ordered it through Amazon. It's a limited release. Don't want to risk missing out.

Same; I don't want to spend $200 for it a year later because of scalpers.

Around the Network

Another surprise in sales is coming. Just like how people were saying in 2018 about smash. Just smash? Smash isn’t big enough

In early 2020. Just animal crossing. Won’t boost switch sales. “Fans already bought all of it!!???“

BraLoD said:
Isn't it limited, tho?

It is, but I don't think that actually effects it's amazon charting above TLOU2 as much as you'd think (those it certainly does affect how fast the game is selling). I think it would have charted above TLOU2 either way, because not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but there is generally a weird phenomena where Nintendo games on amazon overperform compared to their Playstation counterparts. Pretty sure I remember it being a pretty big merit of discussion back in 2017. 

kazuyamishima said:
DonFerrari said:
Just goes to show practices that are criticized to death on other companies are fully embraced when Nintendo does it.

Who would thought that the crappy company (Activision) ended doing better compilations. 

Well, despite being broken at launch, the company that made the best compilation ever is still Microsoft, so.

And people say lazy work doesn't get rewarded. They didn't even bother to make super mario 64 in widescreen.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

dx11332sega said:
This game will only be available until March 31 . Hope more people buy this game So they'll re-sell it for others . It is limited ..

I don't belive that.

The collection in this form may be limited, but they'll probably sell the games separately on eShop directly afterwards and will rerelease a new Mario 3D collection later, probably including Galaxy 2.

Around the Network
Conina said:
dx11332sega said:
This game will only be available until March 31 . Hope more people buy this game So they'll re-sell it for others . It is limited ..

I don't belive that.

The collection in this form may be limited, but they'll probably sell the games separately on eShop directly afterwards and will rerelease a new Mario 3D collection later, probably including Galaxy 2.

Galaxy 2 and 3D Land?

Seems pretty lackluster compared to the first one. And it’s also a dick move. They could have easily included them with this package but if what you’re saying turns out true, then they’d basically be charging another $60.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JRPGfan said:
Nintendos biggest strength is 2D mario games..... so this doesnt surprise me.
It makes you wonder why they havn't done so long before.

corrected

Nonsensed

Cobretti2 said:
DonFerrari said:

Was remasters criticized to death in VGC by Nintendo fanbase the start of this gen? It was.

Is this collection already showing record breaking numbers? Yes.

Is the thread about the collection and asking if people will buy it showing majority is willing to pay for this? Yes.

Is this collection with lower effort and higher price than basically all others in the generation? Yes it is.

So what part of the statement is wrong? Unless you are not ok with being generalizing, because yes it is obvious that not every single Nintendo fan is ok with the collection being made and much less the low effort.

I do know it, but still did you look at the other thread in the forum and that majority (I think like 2/3) will buy it?

That is crazy right?

All though a remaster, the general public don't hate remasters. Also don't forget most people don't write positive things, they write negative things so there is always a vocal minority, Look at most election around the world. The majority voter stays silent and Polls mean nothing.

I also bet the main reason for these sales is Mario Sunshine. Gamecube sales were not great and a lot of people just did not buy the game either as it was a radical change to the N64 mario and people kind of went WTF did Nintendo do. Since then the game has grown on people and the userbase has also grown on Nintendo systems, so if they want to play Sinshine it is now an expensive game on Gamecube. This is the cheapest way to play it so it will sell well.

Can it really be called a remaster?

It is true that people mostly write negative instead of positive. But again looking at the other thread mostly was positive comments about the collection and was here in the forum.

I was excited about the collection when I heard (sure I didn't pay attention to the 3D so was even expecting the older 2D games as well, but that is on me), but when their selection of games was limited to a point to not include last gen and also not the sequel on the same gen, the full price and lack of real improvements on the games I got pretty disappointed.

I don't think most of the people buying this are old timer that have played Mario 64 or Sunshine because of the "lack of sales" during that gen, though. But I'm more talking about the VGC behavior instead of the market itself, on the market most of the collections have done fairly well (sure not as well as Mario will do, but that is also because originally they didn't do as well as Mario anyway). But in VGC we have seem many times this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Just goes to show practices that are criticized to death on other companies are fully embraced when Nintendo does it.

Nintendo games to many people are so much better and iconic that people are willing to spend 60$ on them. While the Crash Trilogy definitely had more effort put into it, I think most people could agree even the base versions of Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and Mario Galaxy are better games.

javi741 said:
DonFerrari said:

Nintendo games to many people are so much better and iconic that people are willing to spend 60$ on them. While the Crash Trilogy definitely had more effort put into it, I think most people could agree even the base versions of Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and Mario Galaxy are better games.

I can agree on Galaxy and even Sunshine. But 64? Nah man, that game aged. Badly. It needed more than just a remaster.