By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you love from genres you generally don't like

DarthMetalliCube said:

Not really much for turn-based RPGs but I do dig Octopath Traveller - they at least add some interesting twists and make the battles somewhat interesting/exciting despite the slower pacing of turn-based battles. 

That reminds me, I usually can't stand turn-based RPGs but I was somehow still able to really enjoy Super Mario RPG on the SNES.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Shooters: Splatoon
Platformers: 3D World
Racing: Mario Kart
Fighting: Smash Bros

Makes it seem like I don't like most genres

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I dont like Arena Shooters, But i really enjoy playing Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 with my wife and daughter.
The split screen mode and silly humor of the game are very fun.

Interesting question.

I typically don't like shooters, but I loved Perfect Dark.
I'm not really a big fan of driving simulators, but I think Gran Turismo is a fantastic series.
I'm not too big on tactical RPGs but Ogre Battle 64 was awesome.
Isometric platformers are not my thing but Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure was epic.
I don't play western RPGs but Heroes of Might and Magic III was cool.
I almost never play survival horror games, but REMake on Gamecube was almost perfect.

Last edited by padib - on 07 September 2020

TLOU for survival horror

Around the Network

Pokemon, JRPG genre.

Tekken, fighting genre.

Personally I just prefer single player games so do not hate any genre.

My biggest issue is MMO, too many people get too invested in it and it consumes their life so I don't bother playing these games

I don't like rythm games at all, but loved Elite Beat Agents for its nice funny graphics and animations, and also for the musics, perfect for that game!

I also loved WarioWare games altough I generally dislike mini game compilations. Just too fun, too bizarre gameplay to not like it.

Not a fan of FPS games, but Doom is one of my favourite game on the Switch, it's absolutely a blast, too fast and too furious action.

I do not like puzzle games BUT, Catherine is easily in my top 3 games of all time. When I downloaded the upgraded version last year, I slept on the couch that night... apparently the game is not cool anymore when you are married with kids.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Titanfall 2
Far Cry 3
DOOM
Call of Duty Black Ops 2