By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you love from genres you generally don't like

TLOU for survival horror

Around the Network

Personally I just prefer single player games so do not hate any genre.

My biggest issue is MMO, too many people get too invested in it and it consumes their life so I don't bother playing these games

I don't like rythm games at all, but loved Elite Beat Agents for its nice funny graphics and animations, and also for the musics, perfect for that game!

I also loved WarioWare games altough I generally dislike mini game compilations. Just too fun, too bizarre gameplay to not like it.

Not a fan of FPS games, but Doom is one of my favourite game on the Switch, it's absolutely a blast, too fast and too furious action.

I do not like puzzle games BUT, Catherine is easily in my top 3 games of all time. When I downloaded the upgraded version last year, I slept on the couch that night... apparently the game is not cool anymore when you are married with kids.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Titanfall 2
Far Cry 3
DOOM
Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Around the Network

Bioshock, DOOM 2016 and Overwatch for the FPS genre. I would never play the rest of them (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Killzone and whatnot).
And by this point it's going to be a generic answer but Mario Kart is the only racing game I like.

Signature goes here!

Breath of the Wild for 3D Action-Adventures. Getting near constant upgrades in Weapons and Armor, which makes it closer to an RPG, probably has something to do with it.
Unreal Tournament and Splatoon for competitive shooters in first and 3rd person respectively. Never been really any good in UT, but was quite good early on in Splatoon.

Mario Kart gets a honorable mention. I love arcade racers - but everything else are racing simulations, which I hate. On that note, I could add Sega Rally Championship, since it's where the rally simulations had their beginning, but to this day Sega Rally Championship is my second-favorite racing game (my favorite being a venerable DOS game called Stunts aka 4D Sports Racing)

Dr. Mario. The N64 version in particular

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I hate first person shooters. They're so bland and boring the exact same mechanics on every single one. Also there isn't a game I love on the genre either.

Its why I was gutted when I found out cyberpunk 2077 was going to be a fps. Although the developer themselves tried to tell me it's not a fps and is a rpg, it's not really convincing me.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Saw this thread when it was first made but couldn't think of a genre I tried to play but didn't like.

Just thought of it. Hyrule Warriors.