By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you love from genres you generally don't like

Bioshock, DOOM 2016 and Overwatch for the FPS genre. I would never play the rest of them (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Killzone and whatnot).
And by this point it's going to be a generic answer but Mario Kart is the only racing game I like.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild for 3D Action-Adventures. Getting near constant upgrades in Weapons and Armor, which makes it closer to an RPG, probably has something to do with it.
Unreal Tournament and Splatoon for competitive shooters in first and 3rd person respectively. Never been really any good in UT, but was quite good early on in Splatoon.

Mario Kart gets a honorable mention. I love arcade racers - but everything else are racing simulations, which I hate. On that note, I could add Sega Rally Championship, since it's where the rally simulations had their beginning, but to this day Sega Rally Championship is my second-favorite racing game (my favorite being a venerable DOS game called Stunts aka 4D Sports Racing)

Dr. Mario. The N64 version in particular

I hate first person shooters. They're so bland and boring the exact same mechanics on every single one. Also there isn't a game I love on the genre either.

Its why I was gutted when I found out cyberpunk 2077 was going to be a fps. Although the developer themselves tried to tell me it's not a fps and is a rpg, it's not really convincing me.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Saw this thread when it was first made but couldn't think of a genre I tried to play but didn't like.

Just thought of it. Hyrule Warriors.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Around the Network

Valorant. Dont really have hige interest in shooter games but Valorant was fun to play with the added abilities.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

TruckOSaurus said:
Bioshock, DOOM 2016 and Overwatch for the FPS genre. I would never play the rest of them (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Killzone and whatnot).
And by this point it's going to be a generic answer but Mario Kart is the only racing game I like.

I'd say Bioshock Infinite, Doom 2016, and Overwatch.  I'm surprised that I'm not the first person to say this.  It's weird. I don't like sports games, but I'd say the original Virtua Tennis on Sega Dreamcast is another for me.  I have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch and I absolutely don't enjoy it very much.