By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the (rumored) Mario Collection?

Will you buy a 4-game HD Mario Collection?

Yes 39 68.42%

No 10 17.54%

Not Sure yet 8 14.04%

Total:57

Like others I'm skeptical about how generous Nintendo would be at a $60 price tag. I can imagine them releasing 2 volumes. Something like:

Vol. 1 - Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D Land

Vol. 2 - Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Like others I'm skeptical about how generous Nintendo would be at a $60 price tag. I can imagine them releasing 2 volumes. Something like:

Vol. 1 - Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D Land

Vol. 2 - Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D World

I dunno, I feel like they'll sell SM3DW separately at full price (as in, not in a collection) like they've done with other Wii U remasters. Hopefully I'm wrong :p

All the rumors say 3D World is going to be its own separate thing not included in the package. The real question is Galaxy 2 because the rumors don't seem to mention that game at all. Maybe it's being lumped in with Galaxy and that's why it doesn't get a mention. It really doesn't make sense to include 1 but not 2 since they use the exact same engine and have near identical mechanics except for the new powerups in 2.

Ch-yeah, even though I'm sick of hearing about it at this point

Since I haven't played any of them, I would give it a try. Soundtrack of Galaxy is awesome and way better than Odyssey.

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
Since I haven't played any of them, I would give it a try. Soundtrack of Galaxy is awesome and way better than Odyssey.

Galaxy, to me, had a bigger impact Than odyssey.  I beat it on Wii and unlocked Luigi.  The game is definitely worth another round or two.

One download (or disk) with those 4 games on it...absolutely. Still hoping it's a legit thing, though, and not some leaked fantasy run amok.

Nope. I've already played all of these games. Some are decent but even the decent ones don't get me excited enough to buy the games again.

I own all those games and tried all of them through emulatation / 60 fps + widescreens mods / hd textures or recently mario 64 pc port with render skin model. if they manage to improve on those, yes, if they are inferior no. although 3d land with 3d world graphics and 3d world itself unshackled by 3ds / wii u second screen, would be great.

edit: haven't noticed the direct, will watch it right now.

Well, now I can safely say that my answer is no.