By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tomshardware - Xbox Series X hot chips 2020 Deep Dive.

hinch said:
Pemalite said:

As long as the price discrepancy isn't so excessive that it would be cheaper to purchase a plane ticket, fly to the USA, buy the product and fly back to Australia... And still save money. *Cough*Photoshop*cough*

Yup, that could be viable option if your flight ticket prices are cheap. Maybe not for us in the UK lol. The pricing a little worry for me since the dropping of the British pound isn't going anytime soon and if there is a no deal Brexit with EU; that could dramatically affect prices overall. I might buy now, to save upset later.

Not sure if you guys are serious but ive actually done that for the ps3. When I was in Dominican Republic tech tax is almos 100% at retail. So the ps3 was over $1000 . also they don't drop prices like they do in the rest of the world. I remember years into the gen and it never droped. 

It was a family vacation so my parents bought the trip I only bought the console. But either way where I to include it myself it would have been cheaper. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
I see a lot of posts running with Phil’s word: "Selling as many consoles as Sony or Nintendo is not our approach" to further their narrative that Microsoft won’t compete in the console space. That phrase should tell you that Microsoft is willing to take a hit on the hardware, to get gamers in their ecosystem.

You should also quote Phil, when he said they ”will not be out of position on power or price”. We have seen the first one realized, we’ll see their price strategy soon.

Isn't it the opposite?

If your willing to at all costs, sell your hardware, to sell the most you can, your also willing to drop prices and sell at a loss.

"selling as many consoles as sony or nintendo is not our approach"

Because that sounds like to me, they dont want to sell at a large losses, to move hardware.
They dont care about selling tons and tons of new hardware (at launch).
They care about keeping old hardware users, paying subscriptions services.

JRPGfan said:
Goatseye said:
I see a lot of posts running with Phil’s word: "Selling as many consoles as Sony or Nintendo is not our approach" to further their narrative that Microsoft won’t compete in the console space. That phrase should tell you that Microsoft is willing to take a hit on the hardware, to get gamers in their ecosystem.

You should also quote Phil, when he said they ”will not be out of position on power or price”. We have seen the first one realized, we’ll see their price strategy soon.

Isn't it the opposite?

If your willing to at all costs, sell your hardware, to sell the most you can, your also willing to drop prices and sell at a loss.

Because that sounds like to me, they dont want to sell at a large losses, to move hardware.

Or they are telling that because they know that no matter what they do they won't outsell either.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Goatseye said:

If Phil says he doesn't care how many Xboxes they'll sell, doesn't that mean they will be far less inclined to take a hit on each console sold? The truth is that MS doesn't need to sell a lot of Xboxes. They're obviously focusing on growing GP numbers by targeting the PC gamers. I mean just look at the games: Gears Tactics, Flightsim, Wastelands 3, all games that are catered towards the pc gaming audience and didn't even get a release yet on consoles.

JRPGfan said:
Goatseye said:

Isn't it the opposite?

“ Because that sounds like to me, they dont want to sell at a large losses, to move hardware.” 😳 Bruh what? I don’t even think FBI profilers can come up with your assessments.

Their focus is not selling you hardware and lock you into the box. That’s Sony and Nintendo goal. Phil said they won’t be undercut in price and Lockhart was never mentioned by MS, even though it’s heavily rumored. 

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
JRPGfan said:

Isn't it the opposite?

“ Because that sounds like to me, they dont want to sell at a large losses, to move hardware.” 😳 Bruh what? I don’t even think FBI profilers can come up with your assessments.

Their focus is not selling you hardware and lock you into the box. That’s Sony and Nintendo goal. Phil said they won’t be undercut in price and Lockhart was never mentioned by MS, even though it’s heavily rumored. 

So do you want to make a bet that Series X won't be cheaper than PS5 Discless?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Per usual the Xboss says something simple and logical and it’s twisted to suit agendas. When he says his division has a different approach and goal than the typical “we sold more consoles than Y or Z”, that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to TRY to sell more consoles than Y or Z. Of course they’re still going to TRY to offer a product that as many people as possible want to buy. And that can easily include taking a loss on hardware, because they’re going big on digital and services and can make up losses there.

The way some of you talk, when he says they don’t need to outsell the other consoles you make it seem like you actually think he wouldn’t mind being a distant third again. Why would anyone in his position feel that way? Why do people get weird when Papa Phil talks?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Per usual the Xboss says something simple and logical and it’s twisted to suit agendas. When he says his division has a different approach and goal than the typical “we sold more consoles than Y or Z”, that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to TRY to sell more consoles than Y or Z. Of course they’re still going to TRY to offer a product that as many people as possible want to buy. And that can easily include taking a loss on hardware, because they’re going big on digital and services and can make up losses there.

The way some of you talk, when he says they don’t need to outsell the other consoles you make it seem like you actually think he wouldn’t mind being a distant third again. Why would anyone in his position feel that way? Why do people get weird when Papa Phil talks?

So do you think Series X will outsell Switch and PS5?

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

you do exactly what he claims everyone else is doing with Phils statements, fully overboard LMAO

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

you do exactly what he claims everyone else is doing with Phils statements, fully overboard LMAO

Oh, if they announce a $399 or $499 XSX I fully expect him to call Phil a liar.