By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 32, 2020 (Aug 03 - Aug 09)

Tagged games:

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Slownenberg said:
Dear god those Switch, AC, RFA numbers! AC is just simply otherworldly, wonder if its gonna be doing like 300k a week leading up to christmas.

Ring Fit is slowly turning into Wii Fit. Hope Nintendo is planning on making more Ring Fit games, it'd be super stupid to not turn this into a series on the Switch and sell like 30 million RF games globally on Switch.

I'm starting to think maybe Nintendo has indeed massively increased hardware production and will be putting out perhaps close to 30 million systems this calendar year if they can afford to put 173k Switches on shelves in Japan in some week in August when no game launched.

Or at least some DLC. Don't know what else they can do with that ring other than fitness games, so why not simply make it DLC?

No I definitely hope for more games. I'm not saying they make non-fitness games for RF. I'm saying more fitness games. We've got an adventure fitness game, there's lot of other types of fitness games they could make. It's not like RFA covers everything that is possible with gamification of fitness, not even close. If they only end up making a single game with or without some DLC that'd be a huge waste of RF's potential. Really they should be coming out with annual releases of new Ring Fit games to give those millions of users who paid extra to buy the Ring Fit hardware to get more use out of it and more stuff to play.

If Ring Fit was a straight up fitness product and less of a "game" like Wii Fit then sure I'd say just keep adding content to that single game, but since it's an actual game you play through they could get a lot more mileage/sales out of Ring Fit by offering multiple games. Ring Fit Fighting, Ring Fit Flight, Ring Fit Action, RFA2, or whatever they come up with. They could of course just add in these games as extra game modes as DLC and turn RFA into like a hub game for multiple separate fitness games, but I think they'd sell a lot better marketed as whole new games rather than just DLC for RFA.

Around the Network

These numbers are coming in with out any price cut mind you yet the platform still has gained mass market appeal.

I guess they must have had some stock available. I was able to win my "lottery" chance to buy the AC Switch console set. I replaced my gf's original model switch with this newer AC one and sold off the original model one. The Switch is still in demand and even used prices as well. I sold off the old one for like 10% less than the original new price I paid for it back in 2017! (I also got that original one via "lottery" when there were shortages in 2017.)

I got less money (about 4,000 less I think) last year when I sold my original Switch, after switching over to the DQ11 Special Edition Switch.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Wyrdness said:
These numbers are coming in with out any price cut mind you yet the platform still has gained mass market appeal.

January 2017.  The Switch will retail for 299$....Gaming media:   Auch so high it is a mistake...

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Slownenberg said:
Dear god those Switch, AC, RFA numbers! AC is just simply otherworldly, wonder if its gonna be doing like 300k a week leading up to christmas.

Ring Fit is slowly turning into Wii Fit. Hope Nintendo is planning on making more Ring Fit games, it'd be super stupid to not turn this into a series on the Switch and sell like 30 million RF games globally on Switch.

I'm starting to think maybe Nintendo has indeed massively increased hardware production and will be putting out perhaps close to 30 million systems this calendar year if they can afford to put 173k Switches on shelves in Japan in some week in August when no game launched.

Or at least some DLC. Don't know what else they can do with that ring other than fitness games, so why not simply make it DLC?

They could turn Mario Kart into a workout by enabling wheel controls with the ring.

Archery controls feel more authentic with the ring than with wiimote/nunchuk.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Also Konami and Marvelous might really capitalize on the Switch this holiday. Momotaro Dentetsu has not exited the top 10 on Amazon during Obon weeks so far... the game is definitely the best positioned Japanese 3rd party game this holiday and as I've said previously its the game that could very well be the first Japanese 3rd Party million-seller. While Rune Factory 5 could release in the perfect time as long as it's not delayed to 2021, surely with the new audience, I think it's really easy for the game to become their best selling game of all time. In Japan the top-selling Harvest Moon game on the DS sold >300K, which would be like the minimum expectations for Rune Factory 5 unless it completely bombs with the audience. 

Also, still very interested in how Captain Tsubasa does, Taiko and Fishing Spirits also didn't do well in terms of pre-orders - so I'm still pretty positive about Captain Tsubasa, as I've commented previously to me this is a sleeper hit. Lack of Football games coupled with Bandai's history of being able to produce evergreen games on the Switch will help it, the big hurdle it will need to overcome is its price Y7,000 is definitely expensive.  

comparison!!

Keep in mind this is what was sold for the quarter as a whole here...

3DS 2013 (1180k)
3DS 2012 (1097k)
NSW 2019 (1035k)

Now for the good part...

Best 7weeks of Q3

3DS 2013 —> 882k (MH4 Launch)
3DS 2012 —> 781k (XL launch)
NSW 2019 —> 768k (Lite Launch)
NSW 2020 —> 647k (Missing OBON week)

What you see here above is “7 of the Best Weeks” for their respective quarters (if 13weeks)

Pyro as Bill said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

They could turn Mario Kart into a workout by enabling wheel controls with the ring.

Archery controls feel more authentic with the ring than with wiimote/nunchuk.

Thanks, didn't know those things were possible with the ring, hence why I speculated that DLC could be the only thing coming. But if such feats are possible with the ring, then Nintendo should definitely make more games for it.

OTBWY said:
Agente42 said:

Capcom reports have a 2m estimate on MHU for Switch. One port of one port. 

Capcom MH left millions in one stupid decision. 

Let's not pretend there wasn't huge moneyhatting going on.

Sony doesn't even need to moneyhat Capcom anymore. Like most JP third parties, their best selling games of all time have happened due to the Playstation ecosystem and Sony knows that, so the will continue with that ecosystem.

Only third party franchise I can see Sony moneyhatting for domestic reasons is DQ12.

Marth said:
src said:

Sony doesn't even need to moneyhat Capcom anymore. Like most JP third parties, their best selling games of all time have happened due to the Playstation ecosystem and Sony knows that, so the will continue with that ecosystem.

Only third party franchise I can see Sony moneyhatting for domestic reasons is DQ12.

lol

that explains why they have posted their biggest profits this year the moneyhat payments

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.