By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch graphics on large TVs

So I've seen plenty of people online, probably some on here, claim that the Switch gets blurry on big 4k TVs and just doesn't look good. Well, been playing on my brother's new 65 inch 4k TV the past few days and Switch games look amazing! I now know not to trust anyone who tries to denigrate Switch graphics. Fact is that every system's graphics looks amazing these days on any size screen. You don't need 4k games for it to look crystal clear on a huge tv.

Around the Network

I've got a 55 inch 4k TV and Switch is fantastic looking.

That resolution on that size? No thanks, I know it will look terrible compared to something smaller.

Not really. It looks pretty good tbh. Not like a Wii on a HD TV.

Random_Matt said:
That resolution on that size? No thanks, I know it will look terrible compared to something smaller.

I'm guessing you haven't tried it then.

Games look great. No blurriness or whatever at all, games are crystal clear. Looks just as good on a 65 inch TV (well actually better cuz the picture is huge!) as it does on the 32 inch TV or handheld mode that I'm used to. Seriously, I don't get why anyone would claim Switch games look anything but amazing on big TVs.

The idea that the Switch looks less than fantastic on giant TVs is entirely made up. Literally no noticeable difference.

Around the Network

I use my Switch on a 55 inch 4k TV and it still looks good.

Screen size and resolution isn't the only factor, distance to the TV matters as well.

The further back you are the "sharper" the image.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Slownenberg said:
Random_Matt said:

Games look great. No blurriness or whatever at all, games are crystal clear. Looks just as good on a 65 inch TV (well actually better cuz the picture is huge!) as it does on the 32 inch TV or handheld mode that I'm used to. Seriously, I don't get why anyone would claim Switch games look anything but amazing on big TVs.

The idea that the Switch looks less than fantastic on giant TVs is entirely made up. Literally no noticeable difference.

?????????? You are stretching 1080p at most across that size. You must be standing/sitting miles away. Your last sentence is not remotely true.

Random_Matt said:
Slownenberg said:

?????????? You are stretching 1080p at most across that size. You must be standing/sitting miles away. Your last sentence is not remotely true.

Many PS4 Slim and Xbox One S versions are also 1080p at most with dynamic resolutions below that.

TVs are more equipped to upscale lower resolution picture than they have been in the past. It's not like hooking a Wii up to an HD TV and having that image stretch across the screen. People complaining too much about the resolution being too small for a large TV screen because of specs on paper likely haven't tried it.