By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch graphics on large TVs

Conina said:
Random_Matt said:

?????????? You are stretching 1080p at most across that size. You must be standing/sitting miles away. Your last sentence is not remotely true.

Many PS4 Slim and Xbox One S versions are also 1080p at most with dynamic resolutions below that.

Well I'm a PC gamer, 1080p at 24" max, looks terrible on anything bigger. People have different standards I guess, leave it at that.

Around the Network

I have not experienced this at all

Slownenberg said:
Random_Matt said:
That resolution on that size? No thanks, I know it will look terrible compared to something smaller.

I'm guessing you haven't tried it then.

Games look great. No blurriness or whatever at all, games are crystal clear. Looks just as good on a 65 inch TV (well actually better cuz the picture is huge!) as it does on the 32 inch TV or handheld mode that I'm used to. Seriously, I don't get why anyone would claim Switch games look anything but amazing on big TVs.

The idea that the Switch looks less than fantastic on giant TVs is entirely made up. Literally no noticeable difference.

For your eyes maybe. I also play it on my 65" 4k TV. Looks great but 900p in BOTW on the TV isn't as crisp as the 720p on the Switch screen.

Switch really is not much different from base PS4/Xbox One in this matter though. Most Switch games are 900-1080p.

Otter said:
Slownenberg said:

Games look great. No blurriness or whatever at all, games are crystal clear. Looks just as good on a 65 inch TV (well actually better cuz the picture is huge!) as it does on the 32 inch TV or handheld mode that I'm used to. Seriously, I don't get why anyone would claim Switch games look anything but amazing on big TVs.

The idea that the Switch looks less than fantastic on giant TVs is entirely made up. Literally no noticeable difference.

For your eyes maybe. I also play it on my 65" 4k TV. Looks great but 900p in BOTW on the TV isn't as crisp as the 720p on the Switch screen.

Switch really is not much different from base PS4/Xbox One in this matter though. Most Switch games are 900-1080p.

Always thought it looked better in handheld.

Random_Matt said:
Conina said:

Many PS4 Slim and Xbox One S versions are also 1080p at most with dynamic resolutions below that.

Well I'm a PC gamer, 1080p at 24" max, looks terrible on anything bigger. People have different standards I guess, leave it at that.

What's the distance between your eyes and the 24'' screen?

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Screen size and resolution isn't the only factor, distance to the TV matters as well.

The further back you are the "sharper" the image.

Random_Matt said:
Slownenberg said:

?????????? You are stretching 1080p at most across that size. You must be standing/sitting miles away. Your last sentence is not remotely true.

Not sitting far away at all. Like I said, the idea that Switch doesn't look fantastic on huge screens is a complete lie. It looks amazing. Maybe if you literally stand one foot in front of the screen you might notice something, but sitting a normal amount away from a TV like 8-10ft you literally notice zero difference. Image is crystal clear. Again, Switch looks fantastic on huge screens and the idea that it looks bad or blurry or whatever is a complete lie, it is fanboy fiction.

I mean I actually expected people who said it doesn't look great to be right...then I tried it this week and I'm very happy to say anyone saying that is full of it! Crystal clear 65 inch Switch played from a normal difference, notice no difference from anything else I've played on - meaning its crystal clear on any size screen.

Slownenberg said:

Not sitting far away at all. Like I said, the idea that Switch doesn't look fantastic on huge screens is a complete lie. It looks amazing. Maybe if you literally stand one foot in front of the screen you might notice something, but sitting a normal amount away from a TV like 8-10ft you literally notice zero difference. Image is crystal clear. Again, Switch looks fantastic on huge screens and the idea that it looks bad or blurry or whatever is a complete lie, it is fanboy fiction.

Well, it depends on the game. Hardware demanding games in low resolutions like The Witcher 3, The Outer Worlds and ARK can be problematic ...especially if they have no anti-aliasing or shitty anti-aliasing.

Less demanding games (many first party games, many 7th gen ports and most indie games) running in 900 - 1080p look fine.

Slownenberg said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Screen size and resolution isn't the only factor, distance to the TV matters as well.

Random_Matt said:

I mean I actually expected people who said it doesn't look great to be right...then I tried it this week and I'm very happy to say anyone saying that is full of it! Crystal clear 65 inch Switch played from a normal difference, notice no difference from anything else I've played on - meaning its crystal clear on any size screen.

I'm just saying that not everyone has the same set up. 

Not all Large 4k screens are created equal, nor is the upscaling tech and distance to TVs all equal. 

Referring to these people as fanboys when it can simply be their setup isn't helpful.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Conina said:
Random_Matt said:

What's the distance between your eyes and the 24'' screen?

I'm a desktop gamer.

Slownenberg said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Random_Matt said:

That's great kid, believe and enjoy whatever.