By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (Switch 61.44m, Animal Crossing 22.4m)

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

https://gonintendo.com/stories/366383-nintendo-fy3-2021-q1-earnings-release-switch-at-61-million-anim

Switch hardware total: 61.44m (5.68m for the quarter)

[52.62m base Switch, 8.81m Lite]

Mario Kart 8: 26.74m

Animal Crossing: 22.4m

Smash Bros Ultimate: 19.99m

Zelda BOTW: 18.60m (Switch version only)

Pokemon Sword/Shield: 18.22m

Mario Odyssey: 18.06m 

Pokemon Let's Go: 12.20m

Super Mario Party: 10.94m

Splatoon 2: 10.71m

NSMBU: 7.44m

Ring Fit Adventure: 4m

Xenoblade Definitive Edition: 1.32m

Clubhouse: 1.03m

Net sales: ¥358,106M ($3.39 Billion USD)

Operating income: ¥144,737M ($1.37 Billion USD)

Net Profit: ¥106,482M ($1.01 Billion USD)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 August 2020

Around the Network

oh my god... I thought the Switch was overtracked here. I also didn't think Animal crossing... my god... effing HUGE

1doesnotsimply

Including the Wii U version, BOTW is officially over 20 million.

Does NSMBUD look like it will hit 10 million?

1doesnotsimply

What a quarter! Switch is less than half a mil behind the NES in shipments.
AC is just out of this world. Had expected it to sell 35 mil lifetime, but I think I can safely throw 5 mil more on top of that.
I saw in the full report that Ring Fit has almost reached 4 mil. Still going damn strong.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Great to see Nintendo's content upgrades in games being rewarded, I hope they keeps this approach :)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

They didn't raise their guidance and only expect to sell 19 million switches this fiscal year. The sales are up over 166% on the quarter, yet they expect to sale 10% less than last fiscal year. They must expect the switch to become irrelevant this holiday season when the PS5 and Xbox Series X release. Probably why they aren't even bothering to release a game this holiday or for the rest of the year outside of some ports.

HOLY FUCK! It already beat Pokemon, Smash and BOTW!!! In less than 5 months! And is about to snatch Mario Karts crown!
This is just insane!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Dyotropic said:
They didn't raise their guidance and only expect to sell 19 million switches this fiscal year. The sales are up over 166% on the quarter, yet they expect to sale 10% less than last fiscal year. They must expect the switch to become irrelevant this holiday season when the PS5 and Xbox Series X release. Probably why they aren't even bothering to release a game this holiday or for the rest of the year outside of some ports.

I dont think so because Nintendo is increasing its target for Switch production to around 25 million units this fiscal year.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

The way AC: NH did more than 20M in just a few months WOW :O, wouldn't shock me if it ends up selling like 50-55M lifetime.
Really great to see that Xenoblade Chronicles DE did more than 1 million (actually 1.32M)