By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think 3D Mario HD Collection & 3D World Deluxe are big enough Holiday titles to help sell the Switch??

3D Mario Collection & 3D World Deluxe big enough Holiday titles?

Yes, as big as Smash, Mar... 8 17.78%

Yes, big but not as big a... 21 46.67%

No, it's good but not big... 12 26.67%

Not at all, mainly small 4 8.89%

Total:45

What do you guys think, some people think that the 3D Mario Collection & 3D World Deluxe isn't enough to carry the Switch this holiday season.

IMO while I know these games will sell like hotcakes on the Switch since the Switch's install base is not only huge, but dedicated to Nintendo more than ever to the point where franchises explode in popularity when they make there way too the Switch. And since the install base is so huge there are now many players who just started playing on a Nintendo system with the Switch and likely never got too experience the less popular 3D Marios like Mario Sunshine & 3D World, so to them these are new experiences. Plus having 3 amazing 3D Mario games in one cartridge and a deluxe version of an amazing multiplayer 3D World game makes it an easy buy for many Switch owners imo, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3D Mario Collection and 3D World Deluxe surpass 10M.

However, when it comes to those games selling Switch's I'm sort of on the fence with that, don't get me wrong the Switch is still gonna sell like crazy this Holiday season, however I'm not sure if the 3D Mario Collections would sell as many Switch's as Holiday titles like Pokemon, Smash Ultimate, or Mario Odyssey did, cause I feel like most people already interested in Mario games probably already purchased a Switch already. However at the same time I know there are a bunch of nostalgia lords who want to replay there favorite Mario game from the past and maybe weren't interested in Mario Odyssey, so we'll have to see. I could be completely wrong about all of this.

Around the Network

Galaxy came out in 2007, so there's a good chance anyone under 18 didn't get the chance to play it. So it's new to a lot of people.

It's not going to be nearly as big as Smultimate or Pokemon, but few games are. Depending on how much they add to the originals, could be a perfectly adequate headliner. Animal Crossing will still be relevant to sales, and if they have a couple of other medium to big games, the Switch will do fine.

Were these games actually announced?

Slownenberg said:

It is funny that everybody acts like these games are sure things... 

Reminds me of Metroid Prime Trilogy HD

1doesnotsimply

It's 3D Mario. Of course it is.

Around the Network

Yup and perfect titles to excite the Switches 2020 audience.

I would feel the Switch is still in a big drought. Lame as fuck holiday title are ports of old games as the holiday title.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Slownenberg said:

Yeah  I was confused, cuz like the OP was very specific like he knew exactly what games would be in a collection when all we have is a rumor that some sort of collection is coming. And was there even a rumor about 3D World or is that just pure guesswork? I feel like they wouldn't release two separate Mario ports at the same time anyways.

Fact is we simply have no idea what is coming this Fall. Could be BotW2, could be Mario Collection, could be both of those, could be Pikmin and Bayonetta and Fzero. We simply don't know.

Anyway, as to the question, if some sort of sweet 3D Mario Collection hits I have no doubt it'll be a 10 million seller. Not sure if you can call that a system seller, but Nintendo will sell every system they ship this year so wondering what games will sell the Switch this Fall isn't really a concern. Whatever games do hit will sell well and the Switch will sell out. If it is Mario Collection it'll sell a ton and even though people would prefer a new game I have no doubt millions of people would be extremely excited if such a game had three or even all four 3D Marios from 64 through Wii, hell even just a Galaxy HD Collection would sell crazy.

Slownenberg said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Yeah  I was confused, cuz like the OP was very specific like he knew exactly what games would be in a collection when all we have is a rumor that some sort of collection is coming. And was there even a rumor about 3D World or is that just pure guesswork? I feel like they wouldn't release two separate Mario ports at the same time anyways.

Fact is we simply have no idea what is coming this Fall. Could be BotW2, could be Mario Collection, could be both of those, could be Pikmin and Bayonetta and Fzero. We simply don't know.

Anyway, as to the question, if some sort of sweet 3D Mario Collection hits I have no doubt it'll be a 10 million seller. Not sure if you can call that a system seller, but Nintendo will sell every system they ship this year so wondering what games will sell the Switch this Fall isn't really a concern. Whatever games do hit will sell well and the Switch will sell out. If it is Mario Collection it'll sell a ton and even though people would prefer a new game I have no doubt millions of people would be extremely excited if such a game had three or even all four 3D Marios from 64 through Wii, hell even just a Galaxy HD Collection would sell crazy.

The rumours were pretty much confirmed when the new paper Mario was initially shown off. As that game was part of those rumours. 

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Slownenberg said:

The Metroid Prime Trilogy rumors never had major/reliable gaming sources behind it like the 3D Mario collection. So far not 1, but 3 MAJOR & RELIABLE GAMING PUBLICATIONS like Eurogamer, Venture Beat, and Video Game Chronicles all agree that the 3D Mario Collection is coming based on their sources. Keep in mind Eurogamer was the 1st one to really get the Switch's (NX) concept spot on before any other source and that VentureBeat has been extremely reliable as of recent since they knew direct dates and game releases such as Apex on Switch well before anyone else. And tbh I doubt huge gaming websites like these would say something like this if they didn't have 100% evidence, I don't think these websites would jepordize their credibility by lying or spreading mis information. Plus the release of Paper Mario helps solidify this rumor as being true even more. IMO I'm pretty much certain it's coming.