By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think 3D Mario HD Collection & 3D World Deluxe are big enough Holiday titles to help sell the Switch??

3D Mario Collection & 3D World Deluxe big enough Holiday titles?

Yes, as big as Smash, Mar... 8 17.78%

Yes, big but not as big a... 21 46.67%

No, it's good but not big... 12 26.67%

Not at all, mainly small 4 8.89%

Total:45

I really hope they do a remake of those 4 games in the Odyssey engine. If it sells well, we could see the same thing for other collections.

Imagine if they bundled A Link to the Past HD, A Link Between World's HD, Ocarina of Time HD, and Majora's Mask HD together in a collection.

Or

DKC 1-3 HD and 64 HD all bundled.

Or

Metroid Zero, Fusion, Super Metroid HD all together.

I'd be very happy with them doing this sort of thing if they are remakes and not remasters. If remastered I'm meh.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
I really hope they do a remake of those 4 games in the Odyssey engine. If it sells well, we could see the same thing for other collections.

Imagine if they bundled A Link to the Past HD, A Link Between World's HD, Ocarina of Time HD, and Majora's Mask HD together in a collection.

Or

DKC 1-3 HD and 64 HD all bundled.

Or

Metroid Zero, Fusion, Super Metroid HD all together.

I'd be very happy with them doing this sort of thing if they are remakes and not remasters. If remastered I'm meh.

Umm have you met Nintendo? They sell pretty much every Wii U port at full price years after they launch it on Switch. They sell a remade GAME BOY game for full price and still haven't discounted it even when sales plummeted after its first few months. They actually INCREASED the price of the DKC port from its original launch price on the Wii U! And you are thinking about three-game or four-game collections of remade games? If they remade those, they would each be sold separately for $60 a piece. You listed 15 games here. If Nintendo did what you are asking they'd be selling that lot of games for $900 total.

Personally, I think a Mario 64 remake would be cool, in addition to a Galaxy HD Collection port/remaster. I definitely want Wind Waker HD to get ported to Switch. I could see a Link to the Past remake in the style of the Link's Awakening remake since that game is near 5 million sales, ALttP remake would probably easily surpass that, though better yet I'd like to see a brand new top-down Zelda game with Link's Awakenings style aesthetic. Actually I think a full 3D remake of the original Zelda would be cool, just to see how they envision the original Zelda played in 3D. DKC on virtual console don't need a remake, and DK64 sucked. Metroid I want a new 2D game, don't need any remakes or remasters or anything.