Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think 3D Mario HD Collection & 3D World Deluxe are big enough Holiday titles to help sell the Switch??

3D Mario Collection & 3D World Deluxe big enough Holiday titles?

Yes, as big as Smash, Mar... 8 17.78%

Yes, big but not as big a... 21 46.67%

No, it's good but not big... 12 26.67%

Not at all, mainly small 4 8.89%

Total:45
IcaroRibeiro said:
I don't see any of those titles selling nowhere as much as big AAA Switch games, the ones that are pulling ~20million plus

Switch current catalog is what is selling the console, not those games. Nobody buys a console to play remastered versions of old games

Tell that to GTA V and Sony gamers

Around the Network

What they should do is an OoT Remake.

Or, if they want something outside of Zelda, they should do a remake of the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

The Switch will sell like hot cakes this holiday with or without those remasters, maybe they'd help a little (if they actually exist), but wouldn't be the main reason for the Switch selling greatly (the reason would be the console's catalogue of big previously released first-party games).

IcaroRibeiro said:
I don't see any of those titles selling nowhere as much as big AAA Switch games, the ones that are pulling ~20million plus

Switch current catalog is what is selling the console, not those games. Nobody buys a console to play remastered versions of old games

😥

*bought PS4 for the best version of Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

I feel like I need details to answer this question. Assuming all of this is happening, it's still more appropriate to ask this question after an official reveal. I don't know which games are bundled in said collection, how much it costs, the quality of the remaster, etc....

Around the Network
Salnax said:

Assuming these games DO exist and DO come out by the end of the year...

We don't have that many Nintendo compilations to compare a Mario Collection with. That said, Kirby's Dream Collection on the Wii sold 0.69 million copies, about 40% as well as the previous year's Kirby title, Return to Dream Land, while Metroid Prime Trilogy sold 43% as well as Metroid Prime 3 did a few years earlier. So I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect a 3D Mario Collection to sell somewhere in the 30% to 50% of Odyssey range over its lifetime. That would equal 5 to 9 million copies lifetime, not exactly a bad total.

As for 3D World Deluxe, the best comparison would be with other Wii U titles on Switch. Some games like Mario Kart 8 sold way better on Switch than the Wii U, and even smaller games like New Super Mario Bros U, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pokken, etc. Only the rare oddball like Captain Toad and Hyrule Warriors doesn't exceed Wii U sales, and even those were in part due to competition from the 3DS versions. So it's generally reasonable to expect 3D World Deluxe to sell in line with what it sold on the Wii U, 5 to 6 million copies.

Combined, that would be 10 to 15 million copies between the compilation and the port, assuming of course that the release of two 3D Mario titles doesn't cannibalize sales. Regardless, that WOULD be enough to push sales, but NOT on par with the big hits of 2017, 2018, and 2019.

No way in HELL 3D World Deluxe sells the same amount on Switch as Wii U. The Switch's by the end of it's lifecycle is likely going to sell 10 times more than the Wii U in total, no way it sells the same ESPECIALLY when Nintendo's software sales on the Switch have a much higher attach rate/sales figures than any other Nintendo console. People will go crazy for a multiplayer simpler story mode Mario game on Switch.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I feel like I need details to answer this question. Assuming all of this is happening, it's still more appropriate to ask this question after an official reveal. I don't know which games are bundled in said collection, how much it costs, the quality of the remaster, etc....

Yeah exactly. I mean I have been under the assumption that there will be a Mario collection since the rumor was announced, but the OP acts like he knows exactly what it is going to be. We don't know if its remastered games or just upgraded to HD, we don't know if it's all the old 3D Mario games or just some of them, we don't know if it's a single game or if there's multiple things coming out. Like maybe it's a Mario 64 total remake standalone game and then a Galaxy HD Collection, or maybe it's all four of the older games together in HD, or maybe it's a Galaxy HD Collection alone, or something else. Can't really ask this question with the OP assuming he knows what is coming until we actually know what is coming instead of just speculating on it.

Nintendo’s done such a poor job keeping their 3D Marios available, that...yeah, I do think these games would make for pretty solid holiday games. I dunno if I’m in for 3D World at $60 (which WILL be the price), but I’m definitely jumping on the chance to have access to the Sunshine and Galaxy games portably.

No.

Nintendo has to put something big.

Long live Nintendo

I think y'all underestimate the nostalgia of these games. If it is well made and marketed, it will easily sell over 10 million copies.