By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think 3D Mario HD Collection & 3D World Deluxe are big enough Holiday titles to help sell the Switch??

3D Mario Collection & 3D World Deluxe big enough Holiday titles?

Yes, as big as Smash, Mar... 8 17.78%

Yes, big but not as big a... 21 46.67%

No, it's good but not big... 12 26.67%

Not at all, mainly small 4 8.89%

Total:45

I wonder what sort of remakes or collections they'll release. I think a remake of 64 with added content would be pretty cool, like say actually getting to play with Yoshi after you beat the game instead of just finding Yoshi on the roof, maybe some added levels designed for Yoshi as post game content?! If it is a 64 remake sold alone and then a Galaxy HD Collection that would be pretty sweet. Either that or just bundle straight HD ports of 64, Sunshine, and the two Galaxies. Any of those would sell an absolute ton. I can't see them remaking anything beyond 64, if they even remake that one. The other games are modern enough to just need HD upgrades to look great.

I'd probably eventually pick up a 64 remake, or a galaxy hd collection, or a hd collection of all four games. I could see any of those selling well over 10 million.

Around the Network

If Nintendo releases a remaster compilation of SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2 for holidays, the game will sell great. Gamers would get a nice piece of Nintendo history in one package.

According to rumors, 3D World was to come out somehow at the beginning of next year, expanded with new levels and other additions.

There were also rumors of an improved version of Pikmin 3 scheduled for this year. I wonder if any of this turns out to be true.

Is it ideal? No, but will it work out alright? Probably sure. COVID-19 has been a major boom for Switch especially because with kids stuck at home with limited entertainment options for months on end, Switch has seen such high sales in the first three quarters and brand momentum is such that they should be able to get through this holiday season still riding high.

This year is kind of just a weird one off.

If they don't have any major new releases, just having some Mario remakes or Mario collection paired with a Switch Sports would be plenty. Bring in people with Mario nostalgia and then give them a new Wii Sports like experience to have fun playing if Covid continues to last for several more months. It'd also be a perfect time to get another Ring Fit game out there with everyone working out at home these days. Mario Collection + motion control Switch sports + new Ring Fit would be a killer combo even without a new AAA mega selling title.

Trunkin said:
It would be good enough for me, but I think it would be a betrayal to their long term fans to essentially not have a single big title all year.

Sales will of course be unaffected, though. For people just buying the system, everything is a new game. They could give Odyssey a new marketing push, even.

Animal crossing isn't a a big title?

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Trunkin said:
It would be good enough for me, but I think it would be a betrayal to their long term fans to essentially not have a single big title all year.

Sales will of course be unaffected, though. For people just buying the system, everything is a new game. They could give Odyssey a new marketing push, even.

Animal crossing isn't a a big title?

haha exactly what i was thinking. The game that took the world by storm this year isn't a big title?? haha. I'm assuming he meant all holiday season not all year.

I know I’d be crying like a big-eyed anime girl if they’d announce a big ambitious Mario 64 remake.

Yeah, it seems like mario has a good mix of nostalgia buyers and new yong fans to replace the ones that move on.

Will it be a system seller like Pokemon? Probably not.

But combined they would sell more than Pokemon I think.

SM3DW should sell at least 7m. 3D Mario Collection (if done well) should sell at least 10m.

So 17m+ but potential to be much higher.

They still aren't able to meet the current demand, so I'm pretty sure even a small release would be enough to get through the holidays.