40s 29 16.76%

30s 83 47.98%

20s 47 27.17%

Under 20 7 4.05%

Total:173

30, and I feel like I'm 50.

Around the Network

26 in this year.

Video games and consoles collector from Poland.

I joined here when the HD wars began. 38, gonna turn 39 soon.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Shadow1980 said:

11 years ago from today was 2009. A decade is nothing. It can go by in the blink of an eye.

Man, you're not wrong, 2009/2010 feels so close, I can't believe it's been a decade since games like Mario Galaxy 2, Bayonetta, and Uncharted 2. The 2010s flew by like a bullet train.

Still, when I think about all that happened in that time, all that I experienced, achieved, and overcame, I have come a very long way in that time.

Verter said:

30, but sometimes I feel like I'm 60 and some others, like I'm lagging in my own life.

God, I know that feeling. I'm 31, and in some ways I feel ancient and passed my prime, while in others I feel like I'm still a teenager masquerading as an adult. I feel like emotionally I'm younger than my actual age, but working with kids and colleagues who are mostly in their 20s makes me feel older than I am.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 December 2020

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

God, I know that feeling. I'm 31, and in some ways I feel ancient and passed my prime, while in others I feel like I'm still a teenager masquerading as an adult. I feel like emotionally I'm younger than my actual age, but working with kids and colleagues who are mostly in their 20s makes me feel older than I am.

Totally this.

Besides, I have the feeling that I'm doing with my life now what I should've been doing years ago, and what I did years ago I should've done it before, and so on. It's like being in a race against myself, just running and running, but always knowing that I'll never catch up.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Verter said:
curl-6 said:

Totally this.

Besides, I have the feeling that I'm doing with my life now what I should've been doing years ago, and what I did years ago I should've done it before, and so on. It's like being in a race against myself, just running and running, but always knowing that I'll never catch up.

I can definitely relate to that. I was developmentally delayed so I got around to a lot of things later in life than most people; even as an adult I didn't have my first relationship/girlfriend until I was 23, whereas all my peers were dating in high school.

curl-6 said:
Verter said:

Totally this.

I can definitely relate to that. I was developmentally delayed so I got around to a lot of things later in life than most people; even as an adult I didn't have my first relationship/girlfriend until I was 23, whereas all my peers were dating in high school.

My situation is definitely worst. I'm 28 and never had a girlfriend, while my best friend is 25 and has a four year old son.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
curl-6 said:

My situation is definitely worst. I'm 28 and never had a girlfriend, while my best friend is 25 and has a four year old son.

Sorry man, I know it sucks.

When I was 20-22 at University and everyone but me was dating 'n' mating, I definitely felt left out and like there was something terribly wrong with me. If you'd asked me when I was 22 I was starting to think I'd never get to date or have sex in my life, it was all starting to feel totally hopeless.

I'm afraid the only advice I can give is to put yourself out there as much as possible and not give up.

curl-6 said:

21 was my age, but I had a massive dose of luck back then, and that relationship was over almost even before it started. Hard for me to really click with people, and vice versa.

I'm mostly a lurker now.