I am...

60s or older 2 1.16%

50s 5 2.89%

40s 29 16.76%

30s 83 47.98%

20s 47 27.17%

Under 20 7 4.05%

Total:173

Haven't seen this thread before. I'm 44.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

30, and I feel like I'm 50.

26 in this year.

Multiple consoles collector from Poland.

I joined here when the HD wars began. 38, gonna turn 39 soon.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Barely got to 30.

Got married back in 2016.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 07 December 2020

Basil's YouTube Channel

Getting close to the halfway point, if I haven't passed it already. Most of the men in my family have lived noticeably longer than average, but still. Hitting 40 makes you realize how short life is. It even makes you realize that events that happened before you were born actually weren't that long ago, even if to your child self those years seemed like an unfathomable gulf of time ago. I've known people who knew people who fought during the Civil War. 40 years before I was born was 1940. My parents were still over a decade away from being born, and the U.S. hadn't even yet entered WW2, which was still in its early phases. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed only 16 years before I was born. The moon landing and Woodstock were both a bit less than 11 years before I was born. 11 years ago from today was 2009. A decade is nothing. It can go by in the blink of an eye.

So, enjoy your life. Make the best of it. Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Shadow1980 said:

11 years ago from today was 2009. A decade is nothing. It can go by in the blink of an eye.

Man, you're not wrong, 2009/2010 feels so close, I can't believe it's been a decade since games like Mario Galaxy 2, Bayonetta, and Uncharted 2. The 2010s flew by like a bullet train.

Still, when I think about all that happened in that time, all that I experienced, achieved, and overcame, I have come a very long way in that time.

Verter said:

30, but sometimes I feel like I'm 60 and some others, like I'm lagging in my own life.

God, I know that feeling. I'm 31, and in some ways I feel ancient and passed my prime, while in others I feel like I'm still a teenager masquerading as an adult. I feel like emotionally I'm younger than my actual age, but working with kids and colleagues who are mostly in their 20s makes me feel older than I am.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 December 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

God, I know that feeling. I'm 31, and in some ways I feel ancient and passed my prime, while in others I feel like I'm still a teenager masquerading as an adult. I feel like emotionally I'm younger than my actual age, but working with kids and colleagues who are mostly in their 20s makes me feel older than I am.

Totally this.

Besides, I have the feeling that I'm doing with my life now what I should've been doing years ago, and what I did years ago I should've done it before, and so on. It's like being in a race against myself, just running and running, but always knowing that I'll never catch up.

I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.

Verter said:
curl-6 said:

Totally this.

Besides, I have the feeling that I'm doing with my life now what I should've been doing years ago, and what I did years ago I should've done it before, and so on. It's like being in a race against myself, just running and running, but always knowing that I'll never catch up.

I can definitely relate to that. I was developmentally delayed so I got around to a lot of things later in life than most people; even as an adult I didn't have my first relationship/girlfriend until I was 23, whereas all my peers were dating in high school.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.