By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What's the last movie you saw in a theater?

Tagged games:

Mandalore76 said:
S.Peelman said:
Star Wars Rise of Skywalker.

And before that it was Star Wars Rise of Skywalker, because I’d seen it twice.

Liked it a lot, or went to see it with different people?  I saw it twice as well.  I didn't hate it, but wasn't crazy about it either.  My brother from out of state was in town for the holidays and begged me take him even though I had seen it already.

Edit - my brother and my wife both loved it.

Went by myself a few days after the premiere, and then with family sometime later because they hadn’t seen it yet.

I’m aware of all the problems this trilogy has regarding the storyline, and even this movie within itself isn’t very consistent and misses a huge opportunity to tie all the trilogies together at the end. However I do think this one was the most ‘fun’ out of these three; the most popcorn worthy. I was happy to go twice. Ian McDiarmid being awesome as the Emperor certainly helps though.

Still, I’ll have to say if you want to see a believable Disney-era Star Wars that actually fits the canon (ignoring the two animated series), Rogue One is easily the best.

Around the Network

Spiderman Far from home, as many here. It wasn't great, but I liked it.

Deadpool 2, and I watched it with a friend who was a higher-up in it's production. I love the guy, but was watching it with an unwanted, real life breakdown of everything that happened in every scene. On top of this, a violent thunderstorm caused an evacuation of the entire complex just when Deadpool held up the boombox. Still haven't seen the whole movie.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 30 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I can't remember. But, goddamn I wanna go see something ASAP! I very much enjoy movies in the theatre. I hope the industry isn't permanently fucked by this. I know that AMC (one of the big two theatre companies in the US) is in danger of bankruptcy. I hope that, if it goes that way, that they aren't forced to liquidate.

Mandalore76 said:
curl-6 said:
1917, on February the 14th, to celebrate finishing my last day of radiation therapy.

It was an excellent movie, really impressive filmmaking. I guess it'll be my last for quite a while as there ain't no way I'm setting foot in a cinema again until I've been vaccinated against COVID-19.

I was actually supposed to go see 1917 with my wife and in-laws.  Alas, the in-laws did something that ticked me off the day of, and I ended up staying home with our dog.  I regret that in hindsight.

It's on Youtube movies if you wanna follow it up, as well as of course DVD/Blu-Ray. I would highly recommend it, as the kind of film everyone should check out at least once just for the experience.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Mandalore76 said:

Liked it a lot, or went to see it with different people?  I saw it twice as well.  I didn't hate it, but wasn't crazy about it either.  My brother from out of state was in town for the holidays and begged me take him even though I had seen it already.

Edit - my brother and my wife both loved it.

Went by myself a few days after the premiere, and then with family sometime later because they hadn’t seen it yet.

I’m aware of all the problems this trilogy has regarding the storyline, and even this movie within itself isn’t very consistent and misses a huge opportunity to tie all the trilogies together at the end. However I do think this one was the most ‘fun’ out of these three; the most popcorn worthy. I was happy to go twice. Ian McDiarmid being awesome as the Emperor certainly helps though.

Still, I’ll have to say if you want to see a believable Disney-era Star Wars that actually fits the canon (ignoring the two animated series), Rogue One is easily the best.

Yeah, Ian McDiarmid's Emperor is awesome.  He's one of the reasons I saw Revenge of the Sith in theaters 9 times (my all time record for seeing the same movie in theater, my second highest 3 shared by multiple films).  Regarding the new trilogy as a whole, I was really pumped up by the trailer for The Force Awakens.  After seeing the movie on opening night, I left the theater feeling like I had just re-watched A New Hope, only not as good.  So much squandered potential.  It wasn't a bad film, but anytime a Star Wars marathon is playing, I don't feel a desire to watch FA after already having seen the same exact plot in ANH.  And then The Last Jedi came out and completely turned me off from the whole trilogy.  I thought that movie was atrocious.  At times,  So, by the time Rise of Skywalker came out, I was not invested in the new saga in the least.  Like I said, I didn't hate ROS, but it's not something I would be tempted to watch if I passed it while channel surfing in the future either. 

One of the biggest problems stems from the fact that they never had any overarching creative control among the three films.  I don't know what Disney was thinking making a trilogy with the plan of having 3 separate directors, but none of them adhering to an overarching and cohesive blueprint.  So what we wound up with was JJ Abrams sets up plot threads, Rian Johnson ignores them, and then the 3rd director gets removed entirely because Abrams had to be brought in to reverse course back to his own vision.  It baffles me that this happened under Disney's watch, when they have so successfully concurrently run so many different Marvel franchises all under one cohesive story arc, because Kevin Feige of Marvel oversees all of them.

Mandalore76 said:
S.Peelman said:

Yeah, Ian McDiarmid's Emperor is awesome.  He's one of the reasons I saw Revenge of the Sith in theaters 9 times (my all time record for seeing the same movie in theater, my second highest 3 shared by multiple films).  Regarding the new trilogy as a whole, I was really pumped up by the trailer for The Force Awakens.  After seeing the movie on opening night, I left the theater feeling like I had just re-watched A New Hope, only not as good.  So much squandered potential.  It wasn't a bad film, but anytime a Star Wars marathon is playing, I don't feel a desire to watch FA after already having seen the same exact plot in ANH.  And then The Last Jedi came out and completely turned me off from the whole trilogy.  I thought that movie was atrocious.  At times,  So, by the time Rise of Skywalker came out, I was not invested in the new saga in the least.  Like I said, I didn't hate ROS, but it's not something I would be tempted to watch if I passed it while channel surfing in the future either. 

One of the biggest problems stems from the fact that they never had any overarching creative control among the three films.  I don't know what Disney was thinking making a trilogy with the plan of having 3 separate directors, but none of them adhering to an overarching and cohesive blueprint.  So what we wound up with was JJ Abrams sets up plot threads, Rian Johnson ignores them, and then the 3rd director gets removed entirely because Abrams had to be brought in to reverse course back to his own vision.  It baffles me that this happened under Disney's watch, when they have so successfully concurrently run so many different Marvel franchises all under one cohesive story arc, because Kevin Feige of Marvel oversees all of them.

I'm with you on this completely.

Watching Revenge of the Sith 9 times in the theatre is pretty impressive. The movie's good though so I couldn't blame you. My record was made with The Phantom Menace actually. I've seen that, including the 3D re-release in 2012 once, six times in the theatre. To complete the list; Attack of the Clones (2 times), Revenge of the Sith (3), The Force Awakens (3), The Last Jedi (2), The Rise of Skywalker (2), Rogue One (3), Solo (2). Sadly the original trilogy has never been in the cinema in my area in any way, shape or form. I'd be there day one if they would, even if they showed the version with the alien song in Jabba's Palace in Return of the Jedi.

It's pretty special, I don't think I ever seen any film from any other franchise more than once in the theatre. Maybe one of the Lord of the Rings twice, but I'm not sure.

1917!

Awesome movie with a great soundtrack! Feel like listening to another track right now actually.

The Outpost. One of the few movies that game out during Corona.

I don't remember, it was way back in 2019, and was probably some kids film I didn't want to be at.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.