By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What's the last movie you saw in a theater?

Tagged games:

Spider-Man Far From Home. Went with my son, I've passed my Marvel legacy on to him and now we're both fans.
Regardless of the pandemic, I very rarely go to the theater anyways, the ticket prices have been hiked up to something ridiculous nowadays and streaming services are just so convenient. There's still something to be said for the big screen, however. Big occasions like the Infinity Wars stuff, just had to go full blast.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Leynos said:
Spider-Man Far From Home. 3rd best Spidey film behind 1 and 2 Raimi films.

That's a very convenient use of the word "film", as there is one Spider-Man movie that is quite clearly superior to all of those.

No verse is not. Nice film but 4th best. Can't change my mind. Sorry.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Signalstar said:
The Gentlemen.

I didn't like it.

Same.

But I liked it ^^

Spider-man Far From Home

mZuzek said:
Leynos said:

No verse is not. Nice film but 4th best. Can't change my mind. Sorry.

How can you be so sure I meant that one and not The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Are you trying to curse 2020 even more?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Onward. Nice movie, but well behind most of Pixar releases

I used to go theater 3 to 4 times a month

Good times. Hoping to see Soul in January

curl-6 said:
1917, on February the 14th, to celebrate finishing my last day of radiation therapy.

It was an excellent movie, really impressive filmmaking. I guess it'll be my last for quite a while as there ain't no way I'm setting foot in a cinema again until I've been vaccinated against COVID-19.

I was actually supposed to go see 1917 with my wife and in-laws.  Alas, the in-laws did something that ticked me off the day of, and I ended up staying home with our dog.  I regret that in hindsight.

S.Peelman said:
Star Wars Rise of Skywalker.

And before that it was Star Wars Rise of Skywalker, because I’d seen it twice.

Liked it a lot, or went to see it with different people?  I saw it twice as well.  I didn't hate it, but wasn't crazy about it either.  My brother from out of state was in town for the holidays and begged me take him even though I had seen it already.

Edit - my brother and my wife both loved it.

A re-watch of The Rise of Skywalker in January. After that, there wasn't really anything I was interested in, and then the shutdowns happened.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

The Rise of Skywalker was dreadful. It's the the only Star Wars movie I really dislike. I was in the premiere and went to home feeling miserable for skip sleeping to see this shit and was going to work like a zombie next day

And I'm very tolerant with Star Wars, I like even Solo

To the record, Phantom Menace is also pretty bad, but I have effective memory I guess