By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What kind of Super Mario game do you want Nintendo to make next?

What kind of Mario game do you want?

A New 2D Platformer 18 31.58%

A new 3D Platformer 22 38.60%

A new Party/sports game 3 5.26%

A new Mario Kart 1 1.75%

A Compilation 5 8.77%

Other (comment) 8 14.04%

Total:57

Super Mario RPG 2

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
A new Mario and Luigi entry on the Switch, the true successor to the Super Mario RPG.

That would be great. The series has been pretty bad since Dream Team.

Unpopular opinion:

1.- Super Mario RPG 2
2.- A New 2D Platformer
3.- Super Mario Galaxy 3

1.- For me, Paper Mario and the Superstar Saga games have turned out to be very boring. I'd like a formal Mario RPG game that brings back the themes and characters of the original.
2.- 2D Mario games have been much more satisfying than 3D ones so a new 2D Platformer would be appreciated.
3.- The only 3D Mario games ive enjoyed have been Galaxy 1 and 2 so a third part would be welcomed.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 25 July 2020

KLXVER said:
Nautilus said:
A new Mario and Luigi entry on the Switch, the true successor to the Super Mario RPG.

Yeah, I agree completely. Dream Team was such a drop in quality, that I was very dissapointed. Hope that Nintendo revives the franchise soon.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The one that will never happen - Super Mario RPG 2.

But out of realistic games:

Definitely a 2D Mario. Something fresh. Time to discontinue the "New" series. Fresh (tighter) controls, fresh art style, fresh story, fresh mechanics, fresh gameplay. NSMBUD was mediocre and only was a blast when playing multiplayer.

After that Switch still needs a Mario Strikers, one more great 3D Mario either Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2 or something brand new, and one more Mario Party though I am not interested in MP there should obviously be one more. Also a Mario themed Ring Fit game!

Around the Network

I am greedy. I want a 3D compilation (with Galaxy 2... I am concerned that the rumored compilation will leave this out), Odyssey 2, a new 2D platformer with a brand new artstyle and more ambitious music, more sports games (mainly Golf), new kart, new RPG game. I love me some mario and will buy almost everything they put out. The only Mario game I'm missing is U Deluxe, but I will double dip if that goes down in price.

1doesnotsimply

Super Mario Bros. 5
Mario Kart 9
Super Mario Odyssey 2

Well almost no matter when you'd ask me, I'd go with a new 3D platformer, since I'm just a much bigger fan of 3D than 2D Mario.
The rumored 3D compilation would also be a great option though.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Nautilus said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, I agree completely. Dream Team was such a drop in quality, that I was very dissapointed. Hope that Nintendo revives the franchise soon.

Absolutely. The latest entries feel like its mostly tutorials. Also whoever came up with the mini-game like modes where you turn your DS/3DS sideways should be banned from the team.

Super Mario Maker 3-D.